BONHAM LEAVING FOREIGNER!

JohnnyGuitar

And The Sun UK has this to say: Led Zeppelin Back In The Studio! Now here's what I'm reading- they're back in the studio. Jason says their doing jam sessions. One and the same? Hmm... location unknown. (That would answer a lot of our questions, Jason! What do we have to do so you can tell us more? ;) )

And The Sun UK has this to say: Led Zeppelin Back In The Studio! Now here's what I'm reading- they're back in the studio. Jason says their doing jam sessions. One and the same? Hmm... location unknown. (That would answer a lot of our questions, Jason! What do we have to do so you can tell us more? ;) )

I wonder if Jason's got a ticking off from Jimmy and JPJ for announcing this? He has been in a little hot water before with Jimmy for revealing some of the songs they were rehearsing last year prior to the O2. I don't think he gets told any plans or itinerary much in advance anymore because of his loose lips :lol:

If you listen to the radio interview, at the end the DJ asks if Jason will get into any trouble for talking about the new music and Jason replies with a dismissive "oh, whatever.." as though he's accepting his fate :D

I wonder if Jason's got a ticking off from Jimmy and JPJ for announcing this? He has been in a little hot water before with Jimmy for revealing some of the songs they were rehearsing last year prior to the O2.

Same thoughts here! But knowing Jimmy, he probably said, "Now Jason, don't go telling anyone about our little secret sessions, okay?" Well, that's like telling your teenager, "Here are the keys to the Corvette, son. Don't drive too fast, okay?" And of course the son always obeys..

Boys.

:D

I wonder if Jason's got a ticking off from Jimmy and JPJ for announcing this? He has been in a little hot water before with Jimmy for revealing some of the songs they were rehearsing last year prior to the O2. I don't think he gets told any plans or itinerary much in advance anymore because of his loose lips :lol:

If you listen to the radio interview, at the end the DJ asks if Jason will get into any trouble for talking about the new music and Jason replies with a dismissive "oh, whatever.." as though he's accepting his fate :D

I thought that was really funny (and endearing)--like 'people can get over themselves' :lol:

(sorry Jimmy!)

Personally, I can't imagine the three Js would embark in earnest on a musical collaboration without having someone in mind, if not in the studio, to sing it, not to mention write the lyrics and create the vocal melodies. I also can't imagine them making a commitmant to a singer and suddenly kicking him to the curb because it turns out Robert likes the songs they've all put their efforts into. I also can't imagine Robert being so brazen as to even expect them to, regarledless how he likes what they've done.

But that's just me. :beer:

Maybe you know something I don't :)

I think that we, as true Zep fans, have to ask ourselves whether we would rather see Jimmy and Robert happy and productive apart or uncomfortable and going through the motions together.

At this point i'm not even considering RP as part of the equation...just really looking forward to hearing new music from the J-3. To me, this is VERY exciting news.

I agree. J-3....I like that! Good name for the the trio....at least to me. :)

Is there any one else who could have the stones to sing with these three. I truly doubt that the three J's would move forward without their singer. If it's not RP , it's just a jam between old friends and this will all go away just like 1986, 90. IMHO :D

Personally, I think James Page and John Baldwin are talented enough musicians to be able to jam extremely well without Robert Plant. Hell, I've heard them do it for long stretches on end. B)

At this stage, I'd actively prefer to see what these two mature musicians, hopefully working with Jason Bonham, come up with without having to fit their instrumental capacities to suit a single person's voice.

Personally, I think James Page and John Baldwin are talented enough musicians to be able to jam extremely well without Robert Plant. Hell, I've heard them do it for long stretches on end. B)

At this stage, I'd actively prefer to see what these two mature musicians, hopefully working with Jason Bonham, come up with without having to fit their instrumental capacities to suit a single person's voice.

It's always good to hear your unbiased opinion

:coffee::chickeddance:

Yes, I too am looking forrward to the creative output and synergy of Page/Jones/Bonham. After all, Robert has managed to do so,very well I might add, in his solo career thus far.

I think it's WONDERFUL that they are all actively creating music and joy for all of us fans. B)

or use their last name's initials, PBJ?

:rolleyes:

I'd thought of that one earlier. That's pretty good.

One possibility could be to call it "Led Zeppelin with [singer]" or "Led Zeppelin + [singer]", like Queen did with their tour a couple of years ago (Queen + Paul Rodgers).

My preferred choice for that singer would be Robert Plant. I guess you could just call it "Led Zeppelin" then. :D

I'd thought of that one earlier. That's pretty good.

One possibility could be to call it "Led Zeppelin with [singer]" or "Led Zeppelin + [singer]", like Queen did with their tour a couple of years ago (Queen + Paul Rodgers).

My preferred choice for that singer would be Robert Plant. I guess you could just call it "Led Zeppelin" then. :D

Think "Jack White" and you'll have 4-J's...

I hope I don't come across as making light of the situation but I find something about this very cute because part of me still thinks of Jason as "Bonzo's little boy."

I am thrilled that I got a chance to see Jason last week with Foreigner. I had front row seats and really enjoyed getting an up close view of the band. Jason seems so sweet and smiled so big when we yelled out to him.

Whatever happens, it's exciting to think that we may still witness the magic that is Led Zeppelin at some point.

I think we already knew that he wasn't listed in the band lineup for the fall, didn't we? I know that had been commented on, anyway. And also that he'd been working with the other two? So, not totally new news, but if true, certainly a confirmation.

Bonzo JNR will get his ass kicked off Jimmy for leaking the news.

Archived