Led Zeppelin classic 'too racy' for Olympics

misty mountain

And there's no need for a new thread, we have one:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...mp;#entry239894

why would this be a new thread if it was an update on a song that has to be rearranged to fit in with the spirit of the Olympic games .so yes "retards" it is new news ":cheer:"

why would this be a new thread if it was an update on a song that has to be rearranged to fit in with the spirit of the Olympic games .so yes "retards" it is new news ":cheer:"

Because we've already had a few pages of discussion about this 'news' in the thread I cited. So, not exactly new.

sorry if you are that way inclined ,you can get help :boohoo:

What a nasty snipe. Just because someone finds the term "retard" offensive doesn't mean they are themselves mentally disabled.

I can call my mom "old lady", because she knows I mean it lovingly.

You used a term that's offensive to some. There's no need to be offensive and insulting to them for thinking it crass. Own it, and move on.

A simple "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone." would be perfectly acceptable. No big deal, y'know?

sorry if you are that way inclined ,you can get help :boohoo:

Wow, you're hilarious! I should have known better than to offer any type of help to you after reading far too many of your 190+ posts. Unfortunately, many have been a struggle due to your poor sentence structure and grammar, your improper use or lack of punctuation, and inability to grasp simple posting functions. I just hope none of your family members are on this board and take offense to my post to their mentally handicapped kin.

Have a nice day

F.O.A.D.

-3hrs.

Lets kill this narky rubish and get back on topic....

How would you feel if the Chinese government required Jimmy to change any aspect of his performance, due to political/censorship reasons?

Discuss.

Lets kill this narky rubish and get back on topic....

How would you feel if the Chinese government required Jimmy to change any aspect of his performance, due to political/censorship reasons?

Discuss.

i don't think it is a problem... jimmy is a guest in their country and as a guest should be polite and abide by their rules/customs...

i don't think it is a problem... jimmy is a guest in their country and as a guest should be polite and abide by their rules/customs...

I think in a sense you are right - if you go to a new place, it is polite, and indeed good karma, to abide by local customs, with respect. However, don't you think that a country like China places so many restrictions on its people, that something should be done?

If Page does the 'polite' thing and does what he is asked, is he not in a sense, abiding by and apporving the government's agenda?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, I don't necessarily believe that, but interested to see what others have to say.

Wow, you're hilarious! I should have known better than to offer any type of help to you after reading far too many of your 190+ posts. Unfortunately, many have been a struggle due to your poor sentence structure and grammar, your improper use or lack of punctuation, and inability to grasp simple posting functions. I just hope none of your family members are on this board and take offense to my post to their mentally handicapped kin.

Have a nice day

F.O.A.D.

-3hrs.

Thanks for that ,your back stabbing and nasty nature is truly showing its true colors ...and has once again been noted..... .so all people who post a simple post of NEWS,,, can now see that there are people like you who want to knock people as soon as its posted. If i wanted to go threw a similar tread and scroll threw other people's arguments/sarcastic remarks etc and maybe see a fleeting glimpse of actual news that is relevant to the story that i post ... Who are you ? o mighty one that fells that it's your duty to correct people ;in how they post, what they post,and since when is this a piece paper.(These posts can never run out,your looking at a computer)This is not a book or magazine .a post is a post,a thread is a thread . :wave::blahblah:

Thanks for that ,your back stabbing and nasty nature is truly showing its true colors ...and has once again been noted..... .so all people who post a simple post of NEWS,,, can now see that there are people like you who want to knock people as soon as its posted. If i wanted to go threw a similar tread and scroll threw other people's arguments/sarcastic remarks etc and maybe see a fleeting glimpse of actual news that is relevant to the story that i post ... Who are you ? o mighty one that fells that it's your duty to correct people ;in how they post, what they post,and since when is this a piece paper.(These posts can never run out,your looking at a computer)This is not a book or magazine .a post is a post,a thread is a thread . :wave::blahblah:

And calling people "retards" isn't nasy :rolleyes: I don't think anyone was knocking you. It was a suggestion to make it easier to keep one thread going rather than start several on the same topic.

SPOILER ALERT: THIS REPLY CONTAINS SATIRICAL CONTENT

Thanks for that

You're welcome, I am happy to assist. If you have any further questions on how to post a link, please advise.

your back stabbing and nasty nature

People who have been stabbed in the back should seek immediate medical attention. Yes, I can be nasty at times, but I assure you I am not retarded.

is truly showing its true colors ...

I hope they are red, white, and blue.

and has once again been noted.....

Can you make it duly noted?

so all people who post a simple post of NEWS,,,

Thank you, I have been looking for the proper adjective to describe your posts. Simple, it shall be.

can now see that there are people like you who want to knock people as soon as its posted.

I didn't knock you, I provided an illustration on how to post links so people won't have to copy and paste the words from your simple post. Please keep the facts straight.

If i wanted to go threw a similar tread

Why would you want to throw a thread? How would one go about throwing a thread?

and scroll threw other people's arguments/sarcastic remarks etc and maybe see a fleeting glimpse of actual news that is relevant to the story that i post ...

You like to throw things, don't you? Actually, the simple post you made was relevant to another thread that has been active since August 14th. Here's a link:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=7580

In keeping with the first comment within the forum guidelines, Allison was merely reminding you of it's existence. I am willing to bet you don't fancy yourself as a newb, so you should know to use existing threads for similar topics.

Who are you ?

My name is Dave, but I like to go by my username: 3hrsoflunacy. Some people call me "3hrs", "that lunatic guy", "looney", etc. I don't really care.

o mighty one that fells that it's your duty to correct people ;in how they post, what they post,

I have fallen on a few occasions, and I bet it was rather funny to anyone who may have seen it. Yes, I often offer corrections to people when I felt it was important to keep incorrect information from further disseminating across the world wide web; or if will aid future readers with accessing or understanding the content.

and since when is this a piece paper.

I re-read the thread, and I do not see anyone implying this is a piece of paper.

(These posts can never run out,

They can if the thread becomes locked.

your looking at a computer)

While you’re probably looking at a computer, how do you know I am not looking at this website on my TV or PDA?

This is not a book or magazine .a post is a post,a thread is a thread .

I re-read the thread, and I do not see anyone implying this is a book or magazine.

I have fallen on a few occasions, and I bet it was rather funny to anyone who may have seen it. Yes, I often offer corrections to people when I felt it was important to keep incorrect information from further disseminating across the world wide web; or if will aid future readers with accessing or understanding the content.

I re-read the thread, and I do not see anyone implying this is a piece of paper.

They can if the thread becomes locked.

While you’re probably looking at a computer, how do you know I am not looking at this website on my TV or PDA?

I re-read the thread, and I do not see anyone implying this is a book or magazine.

It's obvious ,you spend a lot of time on your computer ;hence the lack in people skills that you possess.My apologies for the use of the word "retard"and hope it didn't insult the other normal people that use this web site .As shown with "his" very short fuse/aggressive nature '3hrsoflunacy is the sort of person that should never be left in a room alone with IHC people. SEE ABOVE comments/posts as to HIS own admission of faults and flaws he possesses .So thank you once again 3hrsoflunacy :blahblah:

It's obvious ,you spend a lot of time on your computer ;hence the lack in people skills that you possess.My apologies for the use of the word "retard"and hope it didn't insult the other normal people that use this web site .As shown with "his" very short fuse/aggressive nature '3hrsoflunacy is the sort of person that should never be left in a room alone with IHC people. SEE ABOVE comments/posts as to HIS own admission of faults and flaws he possesses .So thank you once again 3hrsoflunacy :blahblah:

:hysterical:

You should try comedy. As far as my flaws, we'll we all have them. I'll propose a deal:

1. I'll make a mental note to skip your simple posts, and not try to offer suggestions to the benefit of others. This will limit your exposure to what you describe as my short fuse.

2. In turn, you could work on some of your flaws for the sake of the rest of us.

This will help:

Amazon

I'm gonna leave this thread now, so feel free to get the last word in.

:wave:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-Olympics.html

I'm posting this as an update. Most of the comments under this article were hateful and insane except for this one which I thought was funny.

Ooops!

I withdraw my earlier suggestion that "Whole Lotta Love" be replaced with "The Good Ship Lollipop".

The lyric "happy landing on a chocolate bar" is a little too suggestive.

There are people on this board who have mentally handicapped family members and really take offense to your use of the word "retards."

I don't believe in bad words.

All words are good.

There are many meanings for the word "retard" and the families of retarded persons do not own the term and give out the rights to use it.

You can bet he didn't mean that the person/people he was referring to were developmentally challenged.

From the context he used "retards" in, I'd say it was more of a synonym for "idiot". Now of course retarded people are not idiots, but I just want to point out that he didn't actually mean they were retarded.

Speaking of idiots, I don't believe a person can be stupid. That's just another way of saying that a person is not culturally informed.

So maybe I don't know what this person was saying after all?

Maybe we shouldn't over analyze it.

I don't believe in bad words.

All words are good.

There are many meanings for the word "retard" and the families of retarded persons do not own the term and give out the rights to use it.

You can bet he didn't mean that the person/people he was referring to were developmentally challenged.

From the context he used "retards" in, I'd say it was more of a synonym for "idiot". Now of course retarded people are not idiots, but I just want to point out that he didn't actually mean they were retarded.

Speaking of idiots, I don't believe a person can be stupid. That's just another way of saying that a person is not culturally informed.

So maybe I don't know what this person was saying after all?

Maybe we shouldn't over analyze it.

I think you're right. We shouldn't overanalyze what he was trying to say. I've made a note to skip any further postings from that person.

Archived