RAH vs. TSRTS

LedZep1969

Oh right Ok :)

And if the Q is what concert i think is better, then yes it is tough.

:unsure: they are both so great but i would say...:unsure: TSRTS.

But really i love both concerts very much.

touche Gotta go to bed and fall asleep to TSRTS ROCK ON!

Royal Albert Hall. Being early on, there is an urgency there that is really exciting to watch. They hadn't become the big huge rock stars that they would eventually be. In Royal Albert Hall they were working hard to make a name for themselves.

In TSRTS they were rock royalty. They had arrived. They were the biggest band on the planet. Also they had more albums and therefore more material to work with.

I really love both but if I have to pick one, gotta go Albert Hall.

RAH. I love TSRTS, but they seem a bit tired. Just to add to what Queen said - TSRTS seemed a little more about the "rock stance/rock star", and RAH seemed more about the music with more innocence. But both are great for sure.

One thing; RAH is a concert, STRS is an edit of three concerts. I have always found the edits in STRS to be a distraction esp. in the Rock and Roll, Celebration Day, Black Dog sequence. In RAH the band is young, strong and motivated; by the time of SRTS they could have stood up on stage and burped and people would have cheered. RAH is so much more raw and vital, the only advantage STRS has is that the band has so many more great songs by that time.

Edited for punctuation errors (not spelling this time!)

This one's not hard for me.

The RAH concert is a young, fresh Led Zeppelin. All members still very much enjoying what they're doing. The music may not be as advanced, but the effort they put into the show far outweighs anything else.

TSRTS is good, but it lacks the intensity of RAH. Just look at Jones and Bonham. That shows the difference three and half years of constant touring and recording will do. To me, it looks like they're just on the clock at MSG.

One thing; RAH is a concert, STRS is an edit of three concerts. I have always found the edits in STRS to be a distraction esp. in the Rock and Roll, Celebration Day, Black Dog sequence. In RAH the band is young, strong and motivated; by the time of SRTS they could have stood up on stage and burped and people would have cheered. RAH is so much more raw and vital, the only advantage STRS has is that the band has so many more great songs by that time.

Edited for punctuation errors (not spelling this time!)

Royal Albert Hall may be from a single night, but it too is heavily edited. Edited out were Heartbreaker (which is probably the best version of it I've ever heard, albeit incomplete, damn tape-flips), JPJ's Organ Solo and Thank You. Some of the audio for Thank You can be found in one of the menu title screens (forgot which one). In addition, the tracks are somewhat out of order after White Summer.

Anyways, Royal Albert Hall gets my vote for sure, anyone who answers otherwise needs to have their pulse checked because TSRTS is dead compared to RAH.

Beyond what the band had achieved I think the way they viewed the two shows had a big effect on performances. RAH was a typical "no holds barred" performance where as the MSG shows were the band trying to be more "professional", as with the 71 BBC show I really don't think that suited them. Listen to something like the last LA show from the first leg of the US 73 tour and its almost as wold and carefree and the 69/70 shows.

Great Topic!

TSRTS was the only thing available for everyone for so long, but so many concerts are way better! And way better set lists in earlier and later concerts! Even though TSRTS is awesome by all concert standards and better guitars than any later tour, I still like stuff from all the other tours better. TSRTS lacked the real energy other concerts had. Maybe because they had a bunch of cameras in their faces!

RAH! Better concert!

P.S. Too bad there aren't more concerts on film!

They really blow all similar bands away.

Van Halen, Whitesnake, Sabbath, Rush

Maybe the "chops" aren't always there

But just to see them "live is overwhelming!

It should be considered a CRIME that Heartbreaker

didn't make the RAH show!

Archived