Led Zeppelin XM station

Detigers09

i listen to it a couple of hours each day, and overall it's good, but they dont shuffle the songs enough, IMO. i definitely hear a handful of songs alot, and some i have yet to hear. You will hear the occasional solo album cut, and some good interview snipets (from all different time periods) used as a lead in to the next track. No bootlegs, but you'll get an infrequent track from BBC, or How the West Was Won. It's great hype for the show, even though i won't be there. To keep from getting burned out though, i have to occasionally switch back to Deep Tracks or the Bone Yard. B)

I like my personal library LZ shuffle better then XM, I suppose it's because I like deeper cuts, however, they insert little tidbits of interviews and such.

Painfully few and far between though.

Edited by tyedye

i listen to it a couple of hours each day, and overall it's good, but they dont shuffle the songs enough, IMO. i definitely hear a handful of songs alot, and some i have yet to hear. You will hear the occasional solo album cut, and some good interview snipets (from all different time periods) used as a lead in to the next track. No bootlegs, but you'll get an infrequent track from BBC, or How the West Was Won. It's great hype for the show, even though i won't be there. To keep from getting burned out though, i have to occasionally switch back to Deep Tracks or the Bone Yard. B)

I have been listening to the Led Zeppelin channel since it started. It seemed to have the 1973 The Song Remains The Same songs a lot during the first week. I have Led Zeppelin on my favorite artists so it comes up all the time. It seems that "Dazed and Confused" is nearly always playing when I'm driving to and from work.

I agree with you, The Boneyard is one of the best channels! :D

Yeah it is okay, but I don't pay for XM I got tired of making free trial accounts because they don't vary the songs enough, they have played Black Dog the most, the interview clips are nice, but they will start to repeat soon, it would be nice if we could request some songs or help them make a better playlist.

If anyone wants to hook me up with an online account that would be sweet, thanks (Not begging or anything just if you feel generous)

I like it. I've listened to it constantly from the start. I play it on my computer at work and in my car. I like the fact that it gives you some of the BBC sessions and they little clips of the band members talking. I was hoping they would leave it forever!

I agree that it seems like the same songs are played over & over (seems like they're playing "Hats Off To Harper" every time I'm listening). I have yet to hear any track from TSRTS since day 1. My other complaint is that they will occasionally play Plant solo stuff, but I have never heard any JPJ solo stuff, anything from Page's "Outrider", any Firm, Coverdale/Page or even Page & Plant.

Other than that, it's pretty good- at least you know that something good will always be on the radio!

• 11 years later...