Jimmy Page in Beijing

I got it too, but it still seemed reminiscent of Wensleydale . . . :whistling:

No, the name's Wensleydale. Mr. Wensleydale.

You are a cheese shoppe right?

Finest in the district sir!

How's that?

Well it's very clean!

It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese.

:lol:

Okay, now NBC is going through the motions with the closing ceremony bit, but after looking at the PICTURES I have got to ask: WHAT AND WHY IS THAT POLE STICKING UP JIMMY'S ASS??

See this post for pics

Fair comment; I wondered that. Perhaps it straps him down and stops him doing what we'd all want to to LL!!! SS

Yep they were there and won 10 medals...but none of the Poles had what Jimmy had!

That damn thing looked severely uncomfortable.

Haha! I see it now! Probably a security harness around his waist. Hell, I'd want one! I hate heights! :lol:

Haha! I see it now! Probably a security harness around his waist. Hell, I'd want one! I hate heights! :lol:

:huh: Harness? Who's bright idea was that? I'm crossin' my legs just thinking about what would happen to Jimmy if that little seat broke lose. The wrong way. Popped right out from under him. Eeeeooow!! He'll be playing Whole Lotta Love in a whole different tune without the help from the Commie Chinese Officials...

;)

As I told someone in an earlier post......

Summoning my doubtless diplomacy skills, how do I put this tactfully?

I know.

STFU!!!!!

Some people can't discern an honor from a dishonor. They just get the dis part.

Pity that.

It's not like Beijing invited Aerosmith to do Love in an Elevator! :lol:

Or Dude Rooks Rike A Rady! :hysterical:

No offence China. Just having fun!! ;)

*edit to add* Wanna whole Rotta Rove!

Okay, I just saw the whole s'bang on NBC right now and blimey- the pole IS an ass prop so Jimmy can "rise" from the bus without falling! Evster 2012, you are the man. B)

PS- synchronized 100% with the exception of Beckham and the frickin' mimes.

Okay, I just saw the whole s'bang on NBC right now and blimey- the pole IS an ass prop so Jimmy can "rise" from the bus without falling! Evster 2012, you are the man. B)

So where does that leave the naysayers who just a year ago said he couldn't play because of knee surgury? Guess it just takes a pole up the back! :lol:

Screw it! I'll watch him in a wheelchair 30 years from now, playing guitar through a Stephen Hawking voice box, and still throw flowers at his feet (they'll be my girlfriend's flowers, but I have the better arm)!

I'm STILL not worthy!!! :notworthy:

Viva Jimmy!!

Okay, now NBC is going through the motions with the closing ceremony bit, but after looking at the PICTURES I have got to ask: WHAT AND WHY IS THAT POLE STICKING UP JIMMY'S ASS??

See this post for pics

It looks like some safety harness device. Maybe they were worried with Jimmy's previous knee and back problems, that a moving bus might cause him to lose balance?

Meg

It looks like some safety harness device. Maybe they were worried with Jimmy's previous knee and back problems, that a moving bus might cause him to lose balance?

Meg

Right on my heels Meg! Cheers! :lol: Cheers! :beer:

Yeah.

It was a poor taste joke.

A POLE up his ass?

Apologies. :bagoverhead:

I just watched it. It was good but I don't think Leona Lewis should cover Zeppelin too much. She has an amazing voice and was really good but she did that poppy falsetto thing that she does too much. But I can definitely tell Pagey really wants to play Zeppelin. I still have my fingers crossed.

If that's a taste of what London has planned for their opening ceremonies...yikes. They better hire Beijing's guy quick. That double decker skit made zero sense. The little girl gets off the bus and everyone falls down, she walks across their backs and then gets back on the bus, which then turns into a shrub with the London skyline cut into it? Then Leona Lewis grows out of the bus on a vine and Jimmy Page appears to mime "Whole Lotta Love."

But just the same, nice to see one of the heroes of my youth at such an important event. He looked a bit uncomfortable with the waving and smiling schtick at the end, but overall it was great. Another moment for the scrapbooks.

What's Leona Lewis' hand doing here, by the way?

82535736lu1.jpg

The string section reminds me of " no more tears" and the guitar slides remind me of "live and let die"

she sang very well, they didn't need robert ,it was just the hand over, not like a real performance, but a great tribute.

Screw it! I'll watch him in a wheelchair 30 years from now, playing guitar through a Stephen Hawking voice box, and still throw flowers at his feet.

:hysterical:

Yep, I too will still love Jimmy no matter what lap instrument he plays in the future. He's still cool after all these years, even though it must have hurt like hell not to play his own song live!

If that's a taste of what London has planned for their opening ceremonies...yikes. They better hire Beijing's guy quick. That double decker skit made zero sense. The little girl gets off the bus and everyone falls down, she walks across their backs and then gets back on the bus, which then turns into a shrub with the London skyline cut into it? Then Leona Lewis grows out of the bus on a vine and Jimmy Page appears to mime "Whole Lotta Love."

What's there not to understand about a double decker bus? London is crawling with them. It's symbolic of the town.

The little girl was chosen as the representative of Britain's children. She takes the ball of the 'world's' children and then crosses a zebra crossing (more British imagery), and gets on the bus. I actually thought it was like a little 'handover' for the British girl.

The London skyline was made of hay. Hay evokes the imagery of farmland, rolling hills, greenery, etc - all very British connotations.

It might be lost on some people, and maybe it's because I'm British, but I found it blatently obvious.

Archived