Your dream Jimmy Page collaboration...

Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I am kind of new to this forum. Jimmy has always been known to collaborate with other music artists. Who do you want to see him collaborate with? They can be singers or other guitar players.

I want to see Jimmy collaborating with these following singers and guitarists:

SINGERS: David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis (Chilli Peppers), James Labrie (Dream Theatre), Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow

GUITARISTS: Jack White, Eric Clapton (again), John Fogerty, Eddie Van Halen, Slash

I listed Sheryl Crow in the singers 'cause I know Sheryl is such a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I can always see her singing over Jimmy's guitar playing. We all know she covered "Dyer Maker" for the Encominum. Sheryl and Jimmy would be a killer collaboration!

Name your choices!

Kev

Robert and Alison Krauss. Every time I listen to Raising Sand, I think how fab it would be to have Jimmy with those two amazing voices, especially since he does that trad country blues sound so well (and don't get me wrong, there's nothing AT ALL missing from the album--I absolutely love it).

i don't know if i have a dream collaboration or not, it's difficult to pick because jimmy has so

many different styles and facets to his playing and creating ,

maybe mike harrison on vocals , the guy still has a really great voice.

i think pairing him with other "guitar giants" would be pointless. they'd just clutter

each other up or something . it's cool if other people enjoy it. i've never really been a fan seeing that sort of thing.

I forgot about Carlos Santana, good thinking! Santana and Page together would be fantastic. Santana has always been known to collaborate with artists for each of his albums, maybe Santana will ask Page will jam with him in the studio for the next Santana album! :)

When I met Carlos Santana in Milwaukee 1988 he was touring with saxophonist Wayne Shorter. It was at The Pfister Hotel. I brought up the Shake Your Moneymaker jam he did with Jimmy in Frankfort 1980. He said it was awesome and had wanted a copy of it! He was very positive about Page and his musicianship. I think it would work if they ever chose to collaborate. Even a song or two.

the only one[sorry!] that comes to mind is,unfortunately, dead - the late, great Jeff Buckley. No more to say.
A Page-Buckley collaboration would have been utopian. Jimmy Page playing guitar for Tina Turner or k.d.Lang would be cool to hear. Something different than a straight rock boy.

Page & Beck again

That would be my first choice. I would love to see a Page and Beck collaboration.

I'd like to see Carlos Santana and Jimmy Page tour, performing as a dual-guitar line-up.

I don't really care what songs they play, just get a Hispanic/Anglo-Saxon vibe going on.

Promote the entire tour as a street festival to help build a bridge between two cultures.

I forgot about Carlos Santana, good thinking! Santana and Page together would be fantastic. Santana has always been known to collaborate with artists for each of his albums, maybe Santana will ask Page will jam with him in the studio for the next Santana album! :)

This intrigues me. I think I would love it.

When I met Carlos Santana in Milwaukee 1988 he was touring with saxophonist Wayne Shorter. It was at The Pfister Hotel. I brought up the Shake Your Moneymaker jam he did with Jimmy in Frankfort 1980. He said it was awesome and had wanted a copy of it! He was very positive about Page and his musicianship. I think it would work if they ever chose to collaborate. Even a song or two.

Did you hook him up? I know I'm not the only one with a copy; it's in circulation.

Did you hook him up? I know I'm not the only one with a copy; it's in circulation.
No Steve A, I had driven up from Chicago, which is about 90 minutes away from Milwaukee and I did not have the tape in my possession. I spoke with Santana in the hotel lobby for about 20 minutes. The band was off to Europe immediately to perform at Montreux.

A Page-Buckley collaboration would have been utopian. Jimmy Page playing guitar for Tina Turner or k.d.Lang would be cool to hear. Something different than a straight rock boy.

That's what I think too. Thats why I like Elizabeth Fraser. Also Fred Schneider from the B-52's, seriously. That would be to put Page in a different area of creativity.

Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I am kind of new to this forum. Jimmy has always been known to collaborate with other music artists. Who do you want to see him collaborate with? They can be singers or other guitar players.

I want to see Jimmy collaborating with these following singers and guitarists:

SINGERS: David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis (Chilli Peppers), James Labrie (Dream Theatre), Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow

GUITARISTS: Jack White, Eric Clapton (again), John Fogerty, Eddie Van Halen, Slash

I listed Sheryl Crow in the singers 'cause I know Sheryl is such a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I can always see her singing over Jimmy's guitar playing. We all know she covered "Dyer Maker" for the Encominum. Sheryl and Jimmy would be a killer collaboration!

Name your choices!

Kev

Dude you joined the same day as i did! :D

I've been into Classical Crossover in a MAJOR way the past few years....particularly the tenors....and have always dreamed of a tenor/Jimmy Page collaboration. Favorites are Vittorio Grigolo, Mario Frangoulis, and Andrea Bocelli, in that order.

Jeff Beck played on "Caruso" with Pavarotti and it is totally awesome! I'd like an entire CD just like that song.

I also agree with the Santana/Page pairing, that would be fantastic. :thumbsup: And back to Crossover, but not Page......I'd love to hear Plant & Sarah Brightman together.

Archived