Your dream Jimmy Page collaboration...

I'd like to see Carlos Santana and Jimmy Page tour, performing as a dual-guitar line-up.

I don't really care what songs they play, just get a Hispanic/Anglo-Saxon vibe going on.

Promote the entire tour as a street festival to help build a bridge between two cultures.

They jammed on "Shake Your Moneymaker" in Germany (1980), but them doing an album collaboration or touring together would be great!!! :D

I'd like to see Jeff Beck w/ Pagey and Eric Clapton (Yardbird's guitarist reunion tour/album) as well as JP and Steve Winwood tour (like the ARMS days of the early 80s) and record, too.

Even combining my two dream collaborations here: Clapton (vocals/guitar), Pagey, Beck, Winwood (keys/guitar/vocals) with JPJ (bass/mandolin/3 neck guitar) and Ginger Baker (drums) would be beyond words. It'd be like Blind Faith, Cream, Yardbirds and half of Led Zeppelin all wrapped in one. :)

R B)

Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Aretha Franklin.......and as Composer (Danny Boyle likes Led Zeppelin, He has been quoted that he may be interested in shooting a thriller as his next venture...or any other Director....that would be cool......

:D

Can you imagine the visuals? The jam?? The naked cowgirls on the ceiling???

....We have to get this to Danny Boyle fast......... :D :D

Stevie Winwood, Eric Clapton, and Jeff Beck...(I know it won't happen) but really......

....We have to get this to Danny Boyle fast......... :D :D

Stevie Winwood, Eric Clapton, and Jeff Beck...(I know it won't happen) but really......

I would love for Steve Winwood to do something with Jimmy. Alas I don't see it happening but it would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this topic has been asked before but I am kind of new to this forum. Jimmy has always been known to collaborate with other music artists. Who do you want to see him collaborate with? They can be singers or other guitar players.

I want to see Jimmy collaborating with these following singers and guitarists:

SINGERS: David Bowie, Anthony Kiedis (Chilli Peppers), James Labrie (Dream Theatre), Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow

GUITARISTS: Jack White, Eric Clapton (again), John Fogerty, Eddie Van Halen, Slash

I listed Sheryl Crow in the singers 'cause I know Sheryl is such a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I can always see her singing over Jimmy's guitar playing. We all know she covered "Dyer Maker" for the Encominum. Sheryl and Jimmy would be a killer collaboration!

Name your choices!

Kev

He already has with Jack White. Eddie Vedder is annoying i.m.o.

I'd be very much pleased to see any kind of collaboration between Jimmy and a guitar.

:rolleyes:

So would I. Although, one artist who I alway's thought would work well with Jimmy is Robbie Robertson. That would be.... Heavy

Uuummm. Michael Jackson has already collaborated with Eddie Van Halen and Slash. Ever heard of "Beat It"? The guitar solo is by Eddie Van Halen. The other musicians are from the group Toto.

There is also Steve Stevens who is the main guitarist for Billy Idol who played on "Dirty Diana" from "Bad".

In terms of Slash he played with Michael Jackson on "Black Or White", and "Give In To Me" from 1991's "Dangerous; "D.S." from the worlds best selling multi-disc set "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - Book I"; "Morphine" from the world's best selling remix l.p. "Blood On The Dance Floor - HIStory In The Mix"; and "Privacy" from the 2001 U.S. and international number one hit l.p. the 11 million selling "Invincible".

Then there is also Carlos Santana who played on "Whatever Happens" from "Invincible".

Soooo I don't think Jimmy would be a stretch. Especially since the title track to "Bad" is basically "Heartbreaker" with one note missing...according to a certain Robert Plant. Who also has someone doing the moonwalk in the short film for his song "In The Mood".

There are also a couple of unreleased tracks Michael Jackson has done with Queen.

I would rather see him in Nashville playing banjo than playing with Michael Jackson. :blink:

Or in India playing a sitar, in Morocco playing an oud, in China playing a lute(ok, that is my dream).

I like MJ and even his collarboration with Slash, but I can't see Jimmy work with him...

Archived