Stairway question

Bluesyzep

Been working on the acoustic intro part but will start on the solo part with a Les Paul soon. I've been playing the Les Paul clean with no effects so far. Haven't needed them yet. The solo starts with a D bend or 7th fret 3rd string followed by a tremolo I think.

Question is do I need a Wah to get that sound or do I have it all wrong? I know next to nothing about effects so you'll have to exuse my ignorance. :unsure:

Been working on the acoustic intro part but will start on the solo part with a Les Paul soon. I've been playing the Les Paul clean with no effects so far. Haven't needed them yet. The solo starts with a D bend or 7th fret 3rd string followed by a tremolo I think.

Question is do I need a Wah to get that sound or do I have it all wrong? I know next to nothing about effects so you'll have to exuse my ignorance. :unsure:

No wah, on a Tele, through a little combo amp that was at the studio, using the 1st of 3 takes.

If it sounds like wah, it's something to do with the way the song was mixed. I would guess somebody might come by and give a you an answer that explains the specific example, but most likely has something to do with the eq, and the way certain notes bloom.

I think a wah may be too drastic of an eq filter. Maybe have better luck with twistin the knobs on your amp.

I think also that hint of wah tone comes from the double tracking of certain parts. The second guitar sounds to be a bit more toppy, and it sounds like he pushes the fader up at those moments, making the second guitar speak a bit more. Particularly the last lick of the solo.

Archived