Led Zeppelin reunion: band working on new material

Could be the MTV Video Music Awards Los Angeles (via satellite) in September or MTV Europe Music Awards Liverpool UK November 2008 perhaps?

I don't think it will be at the 2009 Grammy's in February, when more than likely Robert will be there with Alison when they're up for a number of awards. Probably wouldn't go over too well...like a...

Source

Discuss

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm on my lunch right now but I figured that I would comment on this topic of discussion. According to the BBC.CO.UK on the www.led-zeppelin.org website, Page, Jones and Bonham are in the studio working on new material for a possible new LED ZEPPELIN album in 2009. However, Plant is not involved in the sessions due to touring with Alison Krauss.

Personally, in my opinion, I have a great feeling about this guys! I can feel it in my bones. 2009 could very well be the year of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. I totally believe that Robert Plant is teasing all of us and keeping us in the dark with suspense. Start saving your money all, LED ZEPPELIN would be crazy not to do it. ROCK ON!

I think Plant is keeping himself in as much suspense as everyone else.

There's probably a part of him that would like to do it as well as a part of him which dreads it possibly being a drag to rehash old problems and repeat what has been done as well as perhaps fearing that he's not as capable as Jimmy and John Paul.

let's face it the axe men can still play as well as ever while Robert's instrument is changed forever; being organic and subject to the ravages of time.

It was the writer, not Jason who mentioned "new Led Zeppelin record". Jason, Jimmy, and JPJ are working together. That's it. Robert Plant is not in the studio with them. It's not a new Zeppelin record. It's a Page, Jones, Bonham collaboration. The only question is who will actually sing. In all likelihood that's already been decided, just not formally announced. But it won't be Robert Plant. I imagine the announcement will be forthcoming shortly, as the cat's already out of the bag that they're working on stuff. They won't wait too long. I'm sure they'd prefer an exciting announcement (Like at an awards show perhaps) than a confirmation of leaked news to the press. :beer:

So who do you think they're singer will be, any idea's? The wrong person could immediately ruin the whole thing, I'm getting a bit nervous.

So who do you think they're singer will be, any idea's? The wrong person could immediately ruin the whole thing, I'm getting a bit nervous.

You're right...I'm not nervous though. Jimmy Page's solo album Outrider was a good indication of the lack of the spectacular. 3 different singers including Plant and Chris Farlowe and one more chap - see I've forgotten his name but I remember his voice....only when Page worked with David Coverdale and the Black Crowes did we see some real sparks.

The lack of an interesting singer will certainly affect them. The song won't sound the same.

It could always be instrumental if they simply couldn't find a suitable singer.

I think Plant is keeping himself in as much suspense as everyone else.

There's probably a part of him that would like to do it as well as a part of him which dreads it possibly being a drag to rehash old problems and repeat what has been done as well as perhaps fearing that he's not as capable as Jimmy and John Paul.

let's face it the axe men can still play as well as ever while Robert's instrument is changed forever; being organic and subject to the ravages of time.

He could still do it if he wanted. Don't kid yourself, his voice is still good enough to do anything, if he is motivated

• 5 weeks later...
He could still do it if he wanted. Don't kid yourself, his voice is still good enough to do anything, if he is motivated

Robert can't sing like he used too and thats obvious, but he can still sing quite well for a man his age. Robert makes albums all the time , Jimmy voices about doing this and that and barely comes thru. Jimmy makes some new music already .

Jason leaves foreigner......Jimmy and John Paul play with th Foos at wembley. Jimmy plays at the olympics....JPJ conducts on national tv.......this is the most we've seen jimmy and john paul in the mainstream media since zeppelin...it's clear something is going on. Any of you who have been checking out this board for a while will note that a few people who usually are "in the know" have hinted something will be announced soon...

Not sure about a tour....or about Roberts status...although i'd imagine he's involved. but something is clearly happening in the Zeppelin camp...can't wait to find out what......

What pressure it must it must be to be in the studio with these guys, They have the whole music world waiting on their door step. They are making the right moves by waiting for the right time. But what i want is something in the mean time... maybe an offcial realease of the Ahmet Session. That would even be nice. I dont know why they let all the bootleggers cash in first but meh when it does come out im betting it will be epic. Heres looking out for any New material, but im not expecting it anytime soon.

Archived