Bonzo is Led Zeppelin

McSeven

If you really think about. I guess that Bonzo was the Key component to Led Zeppelin. Other bands have gone on to greater fame when a member died.

AC/DC survived. It just seems to me that when Bonzo left. LZ were never the same. I heard a BBC interveiw with Page talking about the poorly performed reunions over the years. When he talked about live aid, he said that the drummers did not know the numbers very well.

So to me it speaks volumes about the music of Zep. Funny AC/DC have had line up changes in drumers as well as Judas Priest and it really did not effect the band as much as LZ did when Bonzo passed, even though Jason did a great job at O2.

Mc7

If you really think about. I guess that Bonzo was the Key component to Led Zeppelin. Other bands have gone on to greater fame when a member died.

AC/DC survived. It just seems to me that when Bonzo left. LZ were never the same. I heard a BBC interveiw with Page talking about the poorly performed reunions over the years. When he talked about live aid, he said that the drummers did not know the numbers very well.

So to me it speaks volumes about the music of Zep. Funny AC/DC have had line up changes in drumers as well as Judas Priest and it really did not effect the band as much as LZ did when Bonzo passed, even though Jason did a great job at O2.

Mc7

Well, no, because they split up. :huh: The various reunions over the years were just one-offs, unlike regularly gigging bands like AC/DC.

No disrespect to Bonzo AT ALL. Obviously something vital was lost from LZ when he passed.

Led Zep could have went on w/ another drummer, but wouldn't have been able to improvise anymore, and he would have to be well rehearsed. Bonzo is the best ever though, and he did alot to set Zep's sound apart in the beginning. I think they had esp or a 6th sense to be able to improvise the way they did. And John Bonham very rarely had a bad show.

Archived