First came the MC5 and Radio Birdman

Swede

13 years of great rock'n'roll is over

In two months I will be attending The Hellacopters last conserts, first on the 25th of October and then, the last one ever, on 26th of October. It will be tears and laughter, the worlds greatest current rock'n'roll band is history. I kid you NOT.

I've never gotten around to these guys. The clip is good but it sounds like generic rock to me. What's the best album to start with?

Eh... I wasn't blown away by that at all.

Electrocute is a cover of some band I don't remember the name of, from their latest album. Far from the best, but I gotta say I love it anyway.

They are an extremely great live band, it's difficult to understand if you haven't seen them. It is kind of high energy generic rock, but they get away with it because they do it with passion and very competent. They would never do anything to go commersial. Both Nicke (singer) and Strings (guitarist) are great guitarists too and are highly praised by people like Wayne Kramer (MC5) and Scott Morgan (Rationals and Sonic Rendevouz Band).

GetTheLedOut, you might like the studio tracks better, or maybe it's just not for you.

I would suggest to look up their albums, High Visibility and By The Grace of God, if you like this:

Hopless Case of a Kid in Denial

..or Payin' The Dues, if your into their earlier and a bit heavier music like this:

Yeah, I believe it's the official video of Soulseller. Payin' The Dues have many great tracks, Where The Action Is, You Are Nothin', Like No Other Man and Soulseller, they are all excellent songs.

I guess posting Electrocute wasn't a good move from my side.. :D Many people are reluctant when it comes to modern boogie woogie, I think it would have gotten off better if I'd chosen one of their classic songs instead LOL. I agree it's not a masterpiece, but I like the slow beat to the fast guitar riffs in the song.

Radio Birdman eh?

Have ever seen them live Swede?

"Thrash" (rock) was all the go (I could take it or leave it), in the late 70's particularly around Darlinghurst and Paddington in Sydney.

Birdman played regularly at The Oxford Tavern, not a big venue by any stretch, very up close and personal.

Aloha Steve and Danno was their tribute to Hawaii Five 0, an American tv series of the day, received a lot of airplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8x9EAQLUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkod60zViM...feature=related

Radio Birdman eh?

Have ever seen them live Swede?

"Thrash" (rock) was all the go (I could take it or leave it), in the late 70's particularly around Darlinghurst and Paddington in Sydney.

Birdman played regularly at The Oxford Tavern, not a big venue by any stretch, very up close and personal.

Aloha Steve and Danno was their tribute to Hawaii Five 0, an American tv series of the day, received a lot of airplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8x9EAQLUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkod60zViM...feature=related

Nice videos, both songs are great.

Radio Birdman were brilliant! Haven't seen them, though I know they did a tour last year. The Hellacopters have covered a couple of song by them, 455 SD among others.

• 1 month later...

For you who never got the chance to see these guys live, you can do it tonight and tomorrow night for free on the internet. It's The Hellacopters very last shows as they will disband after tomorrow nights show after 13 years of sweet rock'n'rollin'.

I'm heading to the concert in a couple of hours, it's gonna be a blast to see them and I can't wait to see them tomorrow night again.. Check 'em out if you're able to do it, these guys is known for puttin' together great live shows!

From www.hellacopters.com :

The Last Shows Ever - Live (2008-10-20)

The Hellacopters finals gigs live for all their fans on MySpace

The Hellacopters invites all their fans and friends world wide to see their

final gigs ever, live streamed on www.myspace.com/hellacopters , October 25

and 26.

Earlier this year, The Hellacopters announced that they are putting an end

to it. For good. 13 years of being the Rockn'Roll ministers of Sweden, the

Popes of Powerpop, the Caesars of Scandinavian Rockugallia is right now

ending with a final tour of sold out concerts all over the Nordics, and 2

days of pure rock at the 4 sold out gigs at Debaser Medis in Stockholm.

And just as intensely as they have always done full throttle and stepped on

the gas every single second they have been on stage - just as intensely they

want to go out. And they want all their friends to join.

The four final gigs of The Hellacopters will be live streamed in MySpace HD

quality on their page www.myspace.com/hellacopters:

Saturday, October 25th, 12.30 and 21:00 (CET)

Sunday October 26th, 15:00 and 21:00 (CET)

Electrocute is a cover of some band I don't remember the name of, from their latest album. Far from the best, but I gotta say I love it anyway.

They are an extremely great live band, it's difficult to understand if you haven't seen them. It is kind of high energy generic rock, but they get away with it because they do it with passion and very competent. They would never do anything to go commersial. Both Nicke (singer) and Strings (guitarist) are great guitarists too and are highly praised by people like Wayne Kramer (MC5) and Scott Morgan (Rationals and Sonic Rendevouz Band).

GetTheLedOut, you might like the studio tracks better, or maybe it's just not for you.

I would suggest to look up their albums, High Visibility and By The Grace of God, if you like this:

Hopless Case of a Kid in Denial

..or Payin' The Dues, if your into their earlier and a bit heavier music like this:

electrocute is a song by the demons. this is a pretty good cover. the clip gives a flavor of this band live. i like it! good taste, as always, swede....

electrocute is a song by the demons. this is a pretty good cover. the clip gives a flavor of this band live. i like it! good taste, as always, swede....

Thanks beatbo. Yeah, I really like Electrocute, though I still have to check out the original version by the Demons.

I got back from the concert a couple of hours ago. It was really great, but unfortunatly they had to stop the concert during the last encore number. Speaking of "electrocute", some stupid drunk threw a beer on stage (at least a f'n pint!!!) and caused short circuit. Poor Nicke was soaking wet, he got the whole beer over him and his Gibson SG Custom. It was insane, everyone knows electricity and fluid is a bad combination..

This is the comment from hellacopters.com about the incident:

Electrocuted (2008-10-26)

Two out of the four farewell shows have been played at Debaser so far and tonight, something happened with the electricity on stage. Nobody yet knows what, except that during our encores a beer got thrown at the lightningdesk which collapsed the lighting system. Soon after that the fire alarm went off and an emergency generator carried on with the stage power. For some unknown reason Kenny bassamp died and one minute later all monitors onstage started to feedback LOUD and Nick got electrocuted from his mic. He's ok now though. We are of course VERY sorry and angry about this thing that meant that you, the audience missed the last part of the show (though we had only around 3-4 minutes left) but there was absolutely no other option than to walk off stage for us. We'll give you more info about this as soon as we find out what actually caused the accident.

Sincerely, The Hellacopters

You still have a chance to check out their last concerts tomorrow. I read on their myspace page that the sound of the streaming concert was very good tonight. Personally I'll be in front of the stage hollerin' and screamin' as my life's depending on it. :D

We're to expect a DVD and a live record in a near future, I believe. I know they've asked fans for videos and such stuff on their homepage. I really look forward to it.

Until then, take a look at this, excellent opening! Great guitar playing, I love it.

Archived