Who is your favourite vocalist?

Deep_Zeppelin

Yeah, he does sound very similar but he doesn't have the soul that Morrison had.

Ah, Jeff is a good guy....read on(from Wiki)

Personal life

Martin's wife Nicole gave birth to their first child in December 2004 in Subiaco Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, named "Django James Patrick" after Jeff's heroes Django Reinhardt and Jimmy Page. The song "Daystar" from Exile and the Kingdom was written for him.

Jeff Buckley

Chris Cornell

Freddie Mercury

Robert Palmer

Robert Plant (of course :rolleyes: )

Thom Yorke (but probably more because I love Radiohead as much as LZ and RP/AK all in their own merits)

And problably a bit strange but one of the very best in my opinion, George Michael, though half of his songs can put into the trashbin, only my opinion.......

what?

solomon burke. try that on. al green can get the pants off your lover quicker than crisco. you're right about otis. one of the best. james brown-take me to the bridge! tina back in the revue days: river deep! ruth brown...smokin'. sam cooke-smooth as silk. jackie wilson-mr. excitement! aretha and patti-divas with a right to be. gladys knight, roberta flack, RAY CHARLES!

don't make me come over there, swede......

;)

LOL, well, a thread with the subject line Who is your favourite vocalist without mentioning any soul vocalist in the first three posts is plain crazy.

Got to agree with you regarding Ruth Brown and Sam Cooke, both are excellent singers. I'd like to add LaVern Baker to the list as well.

Check out this awesome song with Betty Harris. Her voice is fantastic and there are some wicked guitar licks and very cool feedback on it, which is unusual for a soul song (strange video, though).

Betty Harris - There's A Break In The Road

And problably a bit strange but one of the very best in my opinion, George Michael, though half of his songs can put into the trashbin, only my opinion.......

Only half? I threw them all in but the trashbin spit them back out. That's pretty sad.

:D:D

Lemmy Kilmister and Marco Hietala (Nightwish) have a nice voice too.

By the way, here's one of my favourite singers:

The 69 eyes.

Made me think of the start of this song :

Faith no More (i've seen him better live)

Aside from the obvious (i.e., Plant)

I'm would say Kurt Cobain, but live he was always just barely able to hit his notes.

Bob Marley is great too, though he always just more-or-less talked the lyrics.., still pulled it off greatly (alot better than Jim Morrison... he ruined it by being a drunken poet)

Zach de la Rocha?

I liked Micheal Hutchence for his sensual tone of voice

Steve Perry for having such an amazing range

bob Dylan because his voice is musical in itself he doesn't need to have range

I can't leave out Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston because I get chills every time I listen to one of their songs

Of course robert is one of them, but there are so many that I can't pick one person. Whitney is able to pretty much handle it all though. she might be my favorite.

no one. Plant's vocals would be bad for Pink Floyd, and Gilmour won't be able to sing Zepp's songs. that's for example. and what I mean? I mean that vocalist and group just should be made for each other. even if vocalist has terrible voice, there's a chance that he would be great.

lookin' on what I've written and thinking how stupid it is :D

Most people talk of Peter Green as the great guitarst he is, but he was also a very good vocalist. Very soulful. Definitely one of my favorite guitarsts AND vocalists.

I can say the same about Brian May. It's amazing how many people said he can't sing. Jesus, anyone pales when compared to Freddie Mercury! But just listen to

- recorded when he was 52...

Archived