Local DJ: Jimmy Says Zep Will Tour in '09

LidlessEye

I sure don't! :(

Well the fact that Plant appeared with Page and Jones to accept an award says something. I remember earlier this year, only Page and Jones accepted some award on behalf of Led Zeppelin (can't remember which award).

Well the fact that Plant appeared with Page and Jones to accept an award says something. I remember earlier this year, only Page and Jones accepted some award on behalf of Led Zeppelin (can't remember which award).

All it says is that they were all available this time. Absolutely nothing more.

All it says is that they were all available this time. Absolutely nothing more.

No, it also says that Robert Plant doesn't want to disassociate himself from Led Zeppelin. If he'd wanted to, he could've made up an excuse not to attend. But he chose to attend, along with Jimmy and Jonesy.

No, it also says that Robert Plant doesn't want to disassociate himself from Led Zeppelin. If he'd wanted to, he could've made up an excuse not to attend. But he chose to attend, along with Jimmy and Jonesy.

Well...'dissassociate' and 'continue on with' are 2 different things...

He hasn't wanted to disassociate himself from Zeppelin since the very early days of his solo career when he was trying to establish a solo identity. He's very proud of Zeppelin. All it says is that this time he was free to attend as were the others.

Since they disbanded in 1980 we've had several runs of rumors of them getting back together, than just the occassional reunion. This includes after Live Aid (1985), Atlantic Records 40th (1988), 1991 (first box set release), 2003(dvd and HTWWW) and where we are now in the post O2 reunion show era.

Now most of these rumors would last for a few weeks and than disappear. Why is this? Maybe they just met and for one reason or another, decided not to go through with it. With the entire internet age, things change and rumors of this nature are occuring much more frequently. In the past these rumors would be heard, we'd get pumped up hoping for a reunion tour and/or album and they'd disappear within a couple of weeks.

But, with the O2 show last December, these rumors are constant and have been going on now for over a year, since just prior to the official announcement of the O2 show. What does this tell you? Well, there will be more rumors due to websites and forums such as these to keep them alive. After performing the reunion show that hopes for a reunion tour and album may still be alive. These rumors are still alive and have yet to fade away. There's even been some comfirmation on this front in the past week or so by way of Jason Bonham. No one in the Zeppelin camp is denying that this won't happen either. In the past this wasn't true. These reunion tour rumors were always being denied and always came true. Not now. There is more validity to this and more hope. Just look at all the public appearances they've all made in the last year. Something is brewing and we will all find out, when they feel the time is right.

"Well, I guess we all dream as dreamers do".

-Robert Plant, Great Western Forum; Los Angeles, 23 June 1977.

Since they disbanded in 1980 we've had several runs of rumors of them getting back together, than just the occassional reunion. This includes after Live Aid (1985), Atlantic Records 40th (1988), 1991 (first box set release), 2003(dvd and HTWWW) and where we are now in the post O2 reunion show era.

Now most of these rumors would last for a few weeks and than disappear. Why is this? Maybe they just met and for one reason or another, decided not to go through with it. With the entire internet age, things change and rumors of this nature are occuring much more frequently. In the past these rumors would be heard, we'd get pumped up hoping for a reunion tour and/or album and they'd disappear within a couple of weeks.

But, with the O2 show last December, these rumors are constant and have been going on now for over a year, since just prior to the official announcement of the O2 show. What does this tell you? Well, there will be more rumors due to websites and forums such as these to keep them alive. After performing the reunion show that hopes for a reunion tour and album may still be alive. These rumors are still alive and have yet to fade away. There's even been some comfirmation on this front in the past week or so by way of Jason Bonham. No one in the Zeppelin camp is denying that this won't happen either. In the past this wasn't true. These reunion tour rumors were always being denied and always came true. Not now. There is more validity to this and more hope. Just look at all the public appearances they've all made in the last year. Something is brewing and we will all find out, when they feel the time is right.

"Well, I guess we all dream as dreamers do".

-Robert Plant, Great Western Forum; Los Angeles, 23 June 1977.

I love you're Robert Quote. We all dream as dreamers do. I'm a dreamer and I guess that's one of the reasons I love Zep so much. You failed to mention, that he's already done this in 1995-96 and 1998 w/ an album also. This just raises the stakes higher, and makes it "more of a dream". I saw P/P 1995 & 1998, It was great. I think I liked 1998 better, because it was just 4 of them. I think it's a better "Dream" now w/ JPJ, and Jason Bonham in the mix. They could almost be Led Zeppelin again. I hope they put out an album that every Zep fan can brag about.

I love you're Robert Quote. We all dream as dreamers do. I'm a dreamer and I guess that's one of the reasons I love Zep so much. You failed to mention, that he's already done this in 1995-96 and 1998 w/ an album also. This just raises the stakes higher, and makes it "more of a dream". I saw P/P 1995 & 1998, It was great. I think I liked 1998 better, because it was just 4 of them. I think it's a better "Dream" now w/ JPJ, and Jason Bonham in the mix. They could almost be Led Zeppelin again. I hope they put out an album that every Zep fan can brag about.

You might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one ... :D

I know that anything that the four of them do together will be wonderful, whether it's a tour with classic Zeppelin material or a tour with a new album.

There's even been some comfirmation on this front in the past week or so by way of Jason Bonham.

He never actually said it. Sift the actual quotes from the hyperbole of the writers.

No one in the Zeppelin camp is denying that this won't happen either.

Not publicly anyway. Nor are they confirming it. Jason said he got a ring from Jimmy and John Paul, and is jamming with them. Nowhere has he uttered the words "Led Zeppelin is working together". As I said elsewhere, never has he even suggested he considers himself a "member of Led Zeppelin". The papers keep saying it, but he didn't.

In the past this wasn't true. These reunion tour rumors were always being denied and always came true.

The "camp" did know about the O2, well before it happened. They just kept their lips sealed.

And as for "always came true", there have been several false starts over the years. They certainly didn't all come to fruition. We're talking full-on reunions that fell apart. The one show for Ahmet was the exception, not the rule.

I don't mean to shoot you down Dave. Just sayin. I know we all (well most of us) want to see Led Zeppelin rise again. I'm just saying that what's going on with Jimmy, John Paul and Jason is a collaboration among them. Not a Zeppelin reunion project. That's not been said by any of them.

Do I know for sure? No. But I'm not betting on it. Not now anyways.

He never actually said it. Sift the actual quotes from the hyperbole of the writers.

Not publicly anyway. Nor are they confirming it. Jason said he got a ring from Jimmy and John Paul, and is jamming with them. Nowhere has he uttered the words "Led Zeppelin is working together". As I said elsewhere, never has he even suggested he considers himself a "member of Led Zeppelin". The papers keep saying it, but he didn't.

The "camp" did know about the O2, well before it happened. They just kept their lips sealed.

And as for "always came true", there have been several false starts over the years. They certainly didn't all come to fruition. We're talking full-on reunions that fell apart. The one show for Ahmet was the exception, not the rule.

I don't mean to shoot you down Dave. Just sayin. I know we all (well most of us) want to see Led Zeppelin rise again. I'm just saying that what's going on with Jimmy, John Paul and Jason is a collaboration among them. Not a Zeppelin reunion project. That's not been said by any of them.

Do I know for sure? No. But I'm not betting on it. Not now anyways.

Ev,

What I meant about always coming true was, that there would be these reunion rumors and the falling apart of a reunion tour would come true. A little bit of mistyping on my part. I'm sounding like one of these so called media types and saying they've gotten back to recording an album. I know that hasn't been confirmed by anyone. All we know is what Jason has said. We can only hope. I've always been an optimist.

Like I've said here and on other threads, when the time is right to confirm this (if it should happen), we will probably be one of the first ones to hear it. That alone, will be enough to crash this forum!

Archived