The hermit painting

lucyinthesky

Barrington Coleby passed away on Friday October 24 after suffering from cancer for several months. A group of his close friends are working to hold the first large-scale exhibit of his work.

Very sad news indeed, about Mr. Coleby.

Cookie, I saw that you mentioned earlier that he burned the memoir his friend was writing.

Do you think his story will ever come out?

• 6 months later...

Barrington Coleby passed away on Friday October 24 after suffering from cancer for several months. A group of his close friends are working to hold the first large-scale exhibit of his work.

Hello there, I am new to this forum and have only discovered recently that Barrington passed away.How very sad. I knew him quite well 25 years ago while he was in the Zurich area and then caught up again with him about ten years ago. We have a few paintings in our family that he made for us way back and we were actually wanting to contact him to see if we could buy another as he had a wonderful way of painting. That is when we discovered the sad news. I have seen through the above posts that friends were trying to set up an exhibition of his work and was wondering whether that actually ever happened and whether there is still a possibility of getting hold of any of his fabulous artwork. I still live in the Zurich area and would be delighted if anyone could help out here.Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Barrington Coleby, 1945-2014

post-31382-0-28576800-1439227391_thumb.j

Barrington Coleby, a British street-painter, died in October last year, in Ittigen, Switzerland. He was the painter of the hermit picture, and didn't like to speak about it. I guess he felt a little bit cheated, for not even having been mentioned properly, in the credits of the album. Sad enough, up till today, nobody from the crew of this website ever found it necessary to reveal Barrington's sheer existence, leaving the autorship of the picture to speculations of all sorts.

post-31382-0-28576800-1439227391_thumb.j

• 3 years later...

Archived