Music Sales in deal with Led Zeppelin

widget

Band’s entire catalogue to be re-released in print and online

Leading sheet music publisher Music Sales has concluded an exclusive print deal with Led Zeppelin, the seventies British group whose charity reunion concert last December was the event of the year for many rock fans.

The pan-European deal, which includes digital print rights, will result in a comprehensive re-release of the band’s entire catalogue in a wide range of print and online formats. Music Sales will promote and distribute throughout the music trade as well as through its own retail and online outlets.

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/29654/Music-S...th-Led-Zeppelin

Meg

This is another subtle link in a chain of events, a precurser perhaps of what has been and is to come. :)

First there was the launch of Mothership, then iPod and other downloads, followed by Ahmet's show, shortly thereafter jammin' with the Foo and of late the Wizard in the land of the Dragon! :)

Led Zeppelin is back, a big bli(m)p on the radar! :o

It bodes well for 2009 with some new material (hopefully), eventuating from JP, JPJ & JB in the form of an album. :)

While it is looking less likely that Robert would be available or keen to do anything in the short term, I would not be surprised to see and hear him wailing with the boys again.

Regardless of who is in the lineup, we all know that Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason would put on a great show.

I can see it now, ice machines, lasers, lights and of course the graphics. :D

Oh yeah I forgot, then there's the music! :o

I reckon they should play their first show in New Orleans, they deserve it!

Louisianans know how to ROCK! B)

I hope you are all safe.

Hey Alwizard03!

What's doin' mate?

All La De Da I hope! ;)

I admire your enthusiasm. During the 1980s I was waiting for any bit of news thinking "this is it, this is going to happen". So many times hopes dashed. Maybe this time it might be different but I've become more cautious as the years have rolled on by.

Meg

This is another subtle link in a chain of events, a precurser perhaps of what has been and is to come. :)

First there was the launch of Mothership, then iPod and other downloads, followed by Ahmet's show, shortly thereafter jammin' with the Foo and of late the Wizard in the land of the Dragon! :)

Led Zeppelin is back, a big bli(m)p on the radar! :o

It bodes well for 2009 with some new material (hopefully), eventuating from JP, JPJ & JB in the form of an album. :)

While it is looking less likely that Robert would be available or keen to do anything in the short term, I would not be surprised to see and hear him wailing with the boys again.

Regardless of who is in the lineup, we all know that Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason would put on a great show.

I can see it now, ice machines, lasers, lights and of course the graphics. :D

Oh yeah I forgot, then there's the music! :o

I reckon they should play their first show in New Orleans, they deserve it!

Louisianans know how to ROCK! B)

I hope you are all safe.

Hey Alwizard03!

What's doin' mate?

All La De Da I hope! ;)

Band's entire catalogue to be re-released in print and online

Leading sheet music publisher Music Sales has concluded an exclusive print deal with Led Zeppelin, the seventies British group whose charity reunion concert last December was the event of the year for many rock fans.

The pan-European deal, which includes digital print rights, will result in a comprehensive re-release of the band's entire catalogue in a wide range of print and online formats. Music Sales will promote and distribute throughout the music trade as well as through its own retail and online outlets.

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/29654/Music-S...th-Led-Zeppelin

Meg

This is good news, now I don't have to go rummage through the attic for that Led Zeppelin Complete piano book I bought back in the 70s. :D Well, on second thought, I should say it's good news for guitarists and real musicians. Led Zeppelin doesn't translate to solo piano too well. Perhaps a few songs but definitely not "Communication Breakdown", lord knows I tried.

"Sunshine Woman" and "South Bound Saurez" would sound okay on piano. Have you heard "Stairway to Heaven" played on Hammond organ with reverb? Beautiful.

Meg

This is good news, now I don't have to go rummage through the attic for that Led Zeppelin Complete piano book I bought back in the 70s. :D Well, on second thought, I should say it's good news for guitarists and real musicians. Led Zeppelin doesn't translate to solo piano too well. Perhaps a few songs but definitely not "Communication Breakdown", lord knows I tried.

Archived