GQ Awards

Aquamarine

Its actually quite sad that a friend of the band is vilified on these boards. No matter what anyone claims, I believe it is pure jealousy. Whether it be jealousy of his talent, his success, his association with Zep members, or whatever else, its all shameful... but typical internet message board B.S.

I, for one, would like to see Dave play with JP and JPJ. I love the Foos and consider them one of my favorite bands. I say they should bring their show on the road that they started at Wembley... especially if that is the only way I can see JP and JPJ!

Noooooooo!

Cover your ears Jason B)

Btw, :lol: Knebby!

Jealous of the fact that Dave Grohl gets to spend so much time with them?

People who bash his music aren't jealous. They just don't like his music. I'm talking about shit like this:

"Why does Dave have to be in all the pictures?"

"I'll bet Dave's the one making Robert so uncomfortable."

"I'm sick and tired of Dave hanging around with Zep."

Okay so we're lost in translation for the English word "jealous." Fair enough. Not sure if you're from the UK, but one time in the British Museum, I was dying of thirst and asked the guard for a "water fountain." She gave me directions to a water fountain alright- about a half-mile from where I asked her. Guess where I ended up- in a room with a sprouting fountain shooting up from the floor.

Nevertheless... back to business.

Either Dave is deliberately squeezing himself in between John Paul and Jimmy to make it look like he's The One for Jason's drum seat, or he's just aching for shit to be thrown his way by die-hard Zeppelin fans who do not- I repeat - do NOT want him to replace Jason. That's why I said he might be making them uncomfortable from the look on their faces. Especially Robert. That's it. No jealously. Couldn't care less if Dave stands next to them and I never do. It just looks bad for him to do a cozy pose with John Paul, Jimmy and Robert who are still struggling with the "will we won't we" question.

I hope this makes more sense. If not, cheers...

:beer:

Okay so we're lost in translation for the English word "jealous."

By "jealous" I really mean "envious."

In actuality, "jealousy" is a fear of losing something you already have, and "envy" is wanting something somebody else has. But here in American society, the two words have become interchangeable. (side note: I know you probably already know this... it was for the benefit of this post and for anyone who doesn't know it... not for your benefit... :D)

Fair enough. Not sure if you're from the UK, but one time in the British Museum, I was dying of thirst and asked the guard for a "water fountain." She gave me directions to a water fountain alright- about a half-mile from where I asked her. Guess where I ended up- in a room with a sprouting fountain shooting up from the floor.

LOL

Pure-bred American, here. But I get it. Pretty sad, actually. I think the correct term over there is "drinking fountain," though, not "water fountain."

Nevertheless... back to business.

Either Dave is deliberately squeezing himself in between John Paul and Jimmy to make it look like he's The One for Jason's drum seat, or he's just aching for shit to be thrown his way by die-hard Zeppelin fans who do not- I repeat - do NOT want him to replace Jason. That's why I said he might be making them uncomfortable from the look on their faces. Especially Robert. That's it. No jealously. Couldn't care less if Dave stands next to them and I never do. It just looks bad for him to do a cozy pose with John Paul, Jimmy and Robert who are still struggling with the "will we won't we" question.

I hope this makes more sense. If not, cheers...

:beer:

If I may, sometimes I wonder if people understand why he was even there in the first place. It was Dave who was invited to present the boys with the award. And, quite frankly, Dave would not be in the pictures by his own judgement. He was either invited by Page, Plant, and Jones to be in the pics, or the camera-guy (Ross, right?) asked him to be in the pics. Either way, I seriously doubt Dave is that rude and that egotistical... and I've met him enough times that I can say that quite confidently... to just insert himself where he wasn't invited.

I mean, I'm sure he was happy to be part of it and even jumped at the chance... because, let's be honest... who wouldn't?

But we all know that Dave respects Jason (he's said so) and respects the fact that Jason is their drummer in the end, not him (again... he's said so).

Dave is only there by invite. I think people should keep that in mind.

:lol: Miss HD. Anyway who says JP and JPJ played the FF Wembley gig just for fun and love?

Do you think it was for the exposure, that the concert was going to be released in the theatres and on dvd? Or was it for some other reason? What do you think?

Noooooooo!

Cover your ears Jason B)

Btw, :lol: Knebby!

Hell... let 'em all go out on tour together... When is Ringo Starr's next "Ringo and Friends" tour or whatver its called??? haha

I don't think we need to get into the whole Jason vs. Dave deal again... my whole point is I don't care whoever and/or whatever is necessary to get JP and JPJ out on tour... I just want it to happen!

No matter who is or isn't involved, I want to see this come to fruition for JP and JPJ because it seems they really want to be out and about playing again. No matter what your opinion of Dave Grohl is, he got JP and JPJ on stage and playing together... and that is a GOOD thing!

For me personally, I am not a fan of the AK/RP collaboration and I really want to see something "Zeppelin-esque" out on tour!

If Plant decides not to be a part in what ever Jimmy and JPJ are doing, I have no problem with Dave being involved. But I think Robert may surprise us all in the end. And if it does happen, I would bet that it would be a one time thing album and or tour. I'm just happy Jimmy isn't sitting on his arse. I really wish he'd done more since 1980. I would love to have seen the outrider project turn out what it had been intended to be with being a double album........

If Plant decides not to be a part in what ever Jimmy and JPJ are doing, I have no problem with Dave being involved. But I think Robert may surprise us all in the end. And if it does happen, I would bet that it would be a one time thing album and or tour. I'm just happy Jimmy isn't sitting on his arse. I really wish he'd done more since 1980. I would love to have seen the outrider project turn out what it had been intended to be with being a double album........

Don't really see how Grohl substitutes for Plant, or would only be involved if Plant wasn't?

Don't really see how Grohl substitutes for Plant, or would only be involved if Plant wasn't?

Not a substitue at all, just if the project takes a different direction. Besides singing, playing guitar, and drums, he also is a writer. That's what I was getting at. I'm thinking that Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason are getting some material down and seeing if Robert is interested. If rejected by Robert, maybe they could move on with someone like Dave.

I think Plant should do something about his hair. He seems a bit old to have it hanging down over his face.

What has age got to do with hair length ?? When Jimmy got his hair cut abouth the time of Page/Plant, I thought he lost some of his aura (wierd I know), now thats is growing again he is back to being the rock god he is...lets face it short hair isn't very Rock'n'Roll <_<

Archived