GQ Awards

Aquamarine

Oh look it's Dave being a 'fan' again :angry: . Jesus. Ok so I'm in a foul mood at the moment, (and so I don't even care if there are other photos of the Zep lads without him), but why does he have to be everywhere with them? Have some sense of occasion every once in a while.

Looking forward to this video though...

dave presented the award, so i guess he would be in some of the pics.

has anyone found vids yet? thankyou.

dave presented the award, so i guess he would be in some of the pics.

has anyone found vids yet? thankyou.

lol yeah I know I was just being jealous and petty and bitter. But I'm back to my adult self :unsure: and over it now (still it would be nice to see some pics of just JPJ, JP, RP together).

haha. some others ^^ have helped me out here.

wall has blogged about jimmy not speaking to him anymore because of walls latest book. now wall has been criticising jimmy and leonas beijing gig.........shirley agrees with wall, ross sticking up for jimmy..........they are to-ing and fro-ing on their blogs.

Wow... I guess Mr. Shirley will not be working on any future Zep projects then, ever. I wasn't aware he has a blog; that should be interesting reading.

As a side note: I'm totally knocked out by Robert's outfit, particularly the snakeskin boots - rockin'!

The media coverage that I've read is all about how Lily Allen got drunk and made an ass out of herself. Sir Elton put her in her place with this witty comeback when she made a nasty crack about his age, "I could still snort you under the table!"

:lol:

She's such a cutie, btw Ev

You want her?

*What? No. Hey I'm just postin stuff. Babe. No really! No I'm not giving the cat away! Duh!*

I have to go. My computer privelidges have been taken awa...hey! Can I finish a sentence??

You know it's rude if I leave a dangling...Can't I just...

Honey, put down the knife. :o

You really think so? It looks to me like it only fuels them.

Anyone seen their acceptance yet? The vid on the GQ site cuts off just as they reach the stage. THAT would be interesting.

Agree 100% Knebby. So far only photos, but Robert's body language says it all. Tension and awkwardness are two words that come to my mind after seeing the pic's. :unsure:

Robert Plant usually has tension in his shoulders and neck area. He's been that way ever since the beginning. Fortunately he counteracted that tendency by elongating his torso upward into the ceiling, which is very good for releasing the tension.

He seems to be distancing himself from the group and look at the foot positions....it is indeed interesting...

Jimmy should have taken the opportunity to get Robert hammered, put a pen in Robert's hand, whipped a copy of an exclusionary album and tour contract out from under his Armani and said, "Now Percy, be a good boy and sign right here...and here...and initial here...that's it...all done. Thanks for all your cooperation!" I mean, whatever it takes to get things rolling.

Just saw a lil clip of jimmy on bbc news dont know if theyre will be more in a few minutes, when the main news starts

It was on BBC news 24 entertainment section, all three on stage, Plant spoke of gettting one gig together in 28 years (?) page applauding after,

IMO, they are holed up rehearsing, bring it on baby,

If i find any vids on the BBC i'll post a link :D

Led Zeppelin members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Dave Grohl.

82637343nk4.jpg

82637349gc6.jpg

If I may, I don't think the body language here is as negative as everyone's making it. Grohl looks like the star-struck fan he is (side-note: I'm sick and tired of people bashing Grohl... to me, it reeks of jealousy... if I were in Grohl's position I'd be acting the exact same way and saying the exact same things, and so would each and every one of you... you can't deny it).

John Paul Jones has ever been the serious gentleman and that's what he looks like, now.

Jimmy Page is Jimmy Page. He's just being professional.

As for Plant, I honetly think he's just being goofy and playing for the camera. Why? Instead of looking at his shoulder and feet, look at his face. He has this playful look on his face, as if sarcastically saying "I'm cool" (sarcastically... as a joke... putting himself down). I don't think his intentions are to come off as dominating at all. Maybe by putting himself in front like that he gave off the impression, but I think his face denies the possibility of such a semi-"holier than thou" intent. He's just being funny.

I think I can understand Grohl being a fan and being able to hang with his idols must be great ( I would do the same) but I must admit he is getting his mug everywhere with them !! Lets have someoine different Like Nuno Bettencourt who is also a huge Zep fan, I remember him writing a great blog after the gig last year saying if Zep want to get together again then let them and do not let age come into it !

About Plant in the picture, it does look like the others are together and Planty being slighty awkward I guess, but I think he just looks cool and bugger me I want to half that cool when i am his age.

It was a weird coincidence for me to read that Cole was at the Zep table because some of my friends and I were talking via messenger about him - well before we even knew of this event and certainly before we learned that Cole would be attending and sitting with the Zep guys via Halfin's diary. I asked one friend if she remembered Cole and she responded, "MSG, of course I remember Richard." Yes, we all do.

In any case, after we learned of Cole's presence at the Zep table, a couple of my friends then joked that perhaps Cole is being brought back in order to facilitate Jimmy's "I've gone back to my philosophy of the '70s, which was to enjoy myself." by procuring those things that enabled the band members to enjoy themselves back in the '70s.

Archived