GQ Awards

Aquamarine

There are rules about that sort of thing? :huh:

According to some, yes, there are! As a kid or teen, back in the '60s/'70s, I read in some women's mag that ladies over age 25 must wear their hair above shoulder length. I thought, WTH? Why?!

Now I'm nearly twice that age and my mane is still waist-length. Take that, Ladies Home Journal or whatever it was :lol:

As for Robert, more power to him (and to Jimmy with his Beijing ponytail). In fact, I was thinking his curls are looking especially fine in these GQ shots!

:lol: ^^The things that come out of the bayou around here don't generally look like RP!

I was just saying that I didn't know there were hairstyles that were considered inappropriate for older/younger men/women. If so, doesn't seem very logical.

Generally speaking, as people age they tend to look better (ie, younger) with shorter hair. I suppose Plant would in fact look better with less hair flying all around. But, Robert Plant has Robert Plant's hair, and he is one person who'd probably look odd if he cut it at this stage.

I like that all the old stoners and hippies from the 60s and 70s (not to mention bikers and such) keep their long hair. Saw a man with beauitful long white hair this past weekend, really caught my eye.

To thine own self be true.

Geez - almost forgot: Congrats to the guys, it's great to see them all together!!

According to some, yes, there are! As a kid or teen, back in the '60s/'70s, I read in some women's mag that ladies over age 25 must wear their hair above shoulder length. I thought, WTH? Why?!

Now I'm nearly twice that age and my mane is still waist-length. Take that, Ladies Home Journal or whatever it was :lol:

As for Robert, more power to him (and to Jimmy with his Beijing ponytail). In fact, I was thinking his curls are looking especially fine in these GQ shots!

I'm with you! (Having seen Robert with shorter hair and no beard around 2000--I definitely wouldn't want him to go back to that look! And Jimmy does look good these days, too.)

I personally feel it wouldn't look good on a young or old male....totally hides his bright eyes. I also think he'd look better if he shaved.

:o :o :o:D I love the beard on him! I think it makes him look more youthful.

I thought his hair looked good in the pics. I didn't think his wearing it short in the PoB days suited him as well. Just my thoughts.

i often see older guys around and i have been really checking them out closely lately, just as a little experiment.........i have seen guys that i know are jimmy or roberts age, some younger, and they look older, and NOWHERE near as cool or sexy. jimmy and robert are perfect just the way they are, i would never want them to change. i love the way they look. so classy and oozing coolness and sex appeal. they broke the mold when they made jimmy and robert, total individuals. LOVE YA GUYS!

:o :o :o:D I love the beard on him! I think it makes him look more youthful.

I thought his hair looked good in the pics. I didn't think his wearing it short in the PoB days suited him as well. Just my thoughts.

No, I agree, he should never go short! But the bangs were out of control. Really? You like the beard? He has such a nice jawline and I actually think the grey goatee makes him look unduly old...uh, to each his own :)

i often see older guys around and i have been really checking them out closely lately, just as a little experiment.........i have seen guys that i know are jimmy or roberts age, some younger, and they look older, and NOWHERE near as cool or sexy. jimmy and robert are perfect just the way they are, i would never want them to change. i love the way they look. so classy and oozing coolness and sex appeal. they broke the mold when they made jimmy and robert, total individuals. LOVE YA GUYS!

Ahhh, of course, you're so right! It's unfair that we compare them to the days of their youth and not their peers :lol:

No, I agree, he should never go short! But the bangs were out of control. Really? You like the beard? He has such a nice jawline and I actually think the grey goatee makes him look unduly old...uh, to each his own :)

Yeah, I do love the beard. I think it slims his face and just suits him. Funny though I didn't like it when he had it in the 70s too much.

Yeah, I do love the beard. I think it slims his face and just suits him. Funny though I didn't like it when he had it in the 70s too much.

beard or no beard, he definitely looks different with it, and looks fantastic altogether (himself and his beard including) :P just like the other two guys :cheer:

It's interesting that Richard Cole was there. There was alot of bad vibes after Cole did his book. I'm glad the boys are living in the now and out and about. Like someone else said, Robert being there speaks volumes. No disrespect to GQ, but Robert passed up the life time grammy with Jimmy and JPJ, and the Bonhams.

It's interesting that Richard Cole was there. There was alot of bad vibes after Cole did his book. I'm glad the boys are living in the now and out and about. Like someone else said, Robert being there speaks volumes. No disrespect to GQ, but Robert passed up the life time grammy with Jimmy and JPJ, and the Bonhams.

Cole was at the O2 show as well so it appears that has all been left in the past. I imagine if he has actually gotten himself clean, he is a different person now.

You really think so? It looks to me like it only fuels them.

Anyone seen their acceptance yet? The vid on the GQ site cuts off just as they reach the stage. THAT would be interesting.

I don't see how all 3 of them appearing at an awards together could possibly fuel rumours of animosity, but maybe I'm missing something?

I think there is no difference in these and the ones taken before the 02 show for all the mag covers they did. I don't think you can read a damn thing on how they look in the pics. Lets wait and see if anything was said, or if the boys went out for drinks or something.

Of course you can. Body language is a recognised way to read situations.

They didn't go for a drink.

Archived