Jimmy Page only no vocal

ledlead

Going back to the original question, i think the b side to Jimmys 1965 single 'She just satisfies' was an instrumentle 'Keep movin'.

A harmonica led RnB number where Jimmy played all instruments except drums.

'Satisfies' is well worth hearing, not only for Jimmys vocals, but falls nicely into the British freakbeat mode

Going back to the original question, i think the b side to Jimmys 1965 single 'She just satisfies' was an instrumentle 'Keep movin'.

A harmonica led RnB number where Jimmy played all instruments except drums.

'Satisfies' is well worth hearing, not only for Jimmys vocals, but falls nicely into the British freakbeat mode

You know what? I like his singing on that song. I don't quite understand the "Jimmy can't sing" schtik. I haven't heard the b side. However, I was thrilled to see he played the harmonica on Coverdale/Page. He did an incredible job of it .

You know what? I like his singing on that song. I don't quite understand the "Jimmy can't sing" schtik. I haven't heard the b side. However, I was thrilled to see he played the harmonica on Coverdale/Page. He did an incredible job of it .

I love his singing and that track. He's the one that doesn't like his singing. He said he wanted to save people from a pain worth than death.'

I also have the RA video and think it's below average at best for this tour. Id say OTHAFA was the biggest surprise on how well it came off live. Jimmy's band (singer mostly) was not a good one, and it showed. Jason was VERY young and not quite the drummer he is today, and I think I am being kind. He was a great part of the show though. Animated and a cheerleader at times. He would wave his arms from behind the drumkit during Stairways also. For me it was seeing Jimmy as usual. It was thrilling. He was unusually talkative some nights (which I loved) and had incorporated a Django Reinhardt type of riff into the Stairway solo that just ripped through the arena. I even traveled as far as Buffalo (?) (this was 20 yrs ago so I may be wrong lol) I believe to see him. He tore the house down in NJ, and put a great show on in MI. I enjoyed it. Every show.

I can see that. I have nothing to compare the DVD to whether the show was good or bad, so thank you for that insight. Jimmy is the entire thing for me. I love him all the way through.

I think the Outrider tour was sorely under-attended. During that time Plant was the media darling, and got away largely scott free from the bad performance at Atlantic and hit what was probably his zenith in popularity with Now and Zen and the resulting tour, the first where he would finally play some Zep in the setlist. Jimmy really took a big hit to his reputation with that Atlantic performance, and the underwhelming Outrider album, which is really only worth it for the 3 instrumentals. People largely never saw how much better he played on the Outrider tour (although in the stairway clip posted earlier he has some sticky fingers problems). He played better still with Page/Plant, of course.

Archived