Led Zeppelin Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

ZepStar

Hi everyone-

I have been in contact with the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for several months now, and have sent letters off to each member of LZ and their management, to try to get Led Zeppelin a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I have a basic website set up for petition signatures etc., so if anyone would like to sign up and support the cause, please do. The most difficult step is getting written a okay from the group. Any help in that area would be appreciated. After that, I feel all will fall into place. Please join the campaign.

Rocky Dickerson

http://www.LedZeppelinStar.com

Rocky@LedZeppelinStar.com

I always thought the Walk of Fame was for movies, Rock Walk was for rockers, and I think Page has left his mark there.

So the Walk of Fame is for all famous people? Isn't it right outside of some chinese theater somethin rather?

The Hollywood Walk of Fame accepts star from five areas: movies, television, live theater, radio, and the recording industry. Kiss, Alice Cooper, the Beatles, John Lennon etc all have stars there. I was surprised LZ didn't, and began researching the process to go through to get them nominated. The first step is to get written approval to submit an application for the band and/or their management. I have contacted the group individually and their management. Now I'm just waiting and hoping for a positive reply.

Then $25,000 has to be raised to pay for the star and its upkeep. The whole process can take years. If not approved upon first submission, you have to re-apply again the following year etc. etc. Of about 200 applications received by the Chamber of Commerce in Hollywood each year only about 20 are approved.

I would think a band of Zep's stature would breeze through.

Thanks for the response!

Long Live Led Zeppelin!!

Rocky

Where is it that Jimmy has his handprints, then? I know it must be somewhere because I've seen pics of people with them, including one taken by Ev! :D

I'm sure someone around here remembers better than I but I believe they were taken for a similar Hall of Fame in the UK but apparently the slab with his prints has disappeared. It's kind of a mystery as far as I know.

Hi everyone-

I have been in contact with the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for several months now, and have sent letters off to each member of LZ and their management, to try to get Led Zeppelin a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I have a basic website set up for petition signatures etc., so if anyone would like to sign up and support the cause, please do. The most difficult step is getting written a okay from the group. Any help in that area would be appreciated. After that, I feel all will fall into place. Please join the campaign.

Rocky Dickerson

Rocky, very cool of you. People get out there and sign it! So far a measly 27 sigs.....we need 20,000, get busy!! T'will be a thing of beauty :D

I'm sure someone around here remembers better than I but I believe they were taken for a similar Hall of Fame in the UK but apparently the slab with his prints has disappeared. It's kind of a mystery as far as I know.

No, this was in California.

Come on, Ev, this thread awaits your info!

Rocky, very cool of you. People get out there and sign it! So far a measly 27 sigs.....we need 20,000, get busy!! T'will be a thing of beauty :D

Right on.....there's nothing to lose by signing the petition, you can un-tick the boxes of related sponsors and it takes only a minute or two.

anmda77ef062b25e268.gif (<< my blinged image, not Rocky's)

Let's get this moving. You can't seriously think that John Tesh is more deserving of this honor than Led Zeppelin. What the hell is wrong with these people.

30 sigs so far.

Supply as many names of undeserving Hollywood Walk of Fame Stars. This could be interesting and will provide some good debates. Well, maybe...

Hi everyone-

Rocky Dickerson

Thanks for making the effort to see that LZ has their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Jimmy's handprints are in the Rock Walk of Fame on Sunset. The Rock Walk of Fame is affiliated with the Guitar Center. I also remember seeing a photo of Ev with his hands in Jimmy's handprints.

One of my favorite stories (which, when we first heard it, my friends and I were in hysterics) about Peter Grant has to do with Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the celebs hand prints in the cement outside the Theatre. The owner of the theatre suggested to Grant that the Zep guys should put their handprints there too and Grant replied that the Zep guys should put another part of their anatomy in the cement. :lol:

God, I am so impressed with all of your comments and interest! This NEEDS to happen. Jimmy did put his hand prints in the British Walk of Fame several years ago, in fact I think he was the first (in Piccadilly). If any of you want to be kept abreast of this as it goes forward, please email me, and I will notify you of any progress. Again, like I said, we need to get written approval from the group first. Anyone out there that has contact with the boys, let me know. Also, on the petition site, I will be changing the number of desired signatures to 49,239. Anyone know why that number?

Rocky

Thank you for you comment. I think of this as a group effort. I am so willing to do this, but do not feel any self-centered feelings about it. WE are all Zep fans, and want to keep the tone that way. I do appreciate your acknowledgement, however. Spread the word!

Rocky

God, I am so impressed with all of your comments and interest! This NEEDS to happen. Jimmy did put his hand prints in the British Walk of Fame several years ago, in fact I think he was the first (in Piccadilly). If any of you want to be kept abreast of this as it goes forward, please email me, and I will notify you of any progress. Again, like I said, we need to get written approval from the group first. Anyone out there that has contact with the boys, let me know. Also, on the petition site, I will be changing the number of desired signatures to 49,239. Anyone know why that number?

Rocky

I certainly don't. I'm still working my way through "Led Zeppelin for Dummies" but I'll bet that there are several hundred, or several thousand, on this site who do know. B)

Looks like you're doing pretty good. Where do you live (which state or country)? I'll be signing off here shortly, as I live in California and its getting close to the witching hour. So far I've been impressed with some of the comments. Yet I'm surprised more haven't signed on. I've posted to 4 different forum sites, and I thought this would be something all would want. I'm in for the long haul however. Again, thanks!

Rocky

Thanks for making the effort to see that LZ has their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Jimmy's handprints are in the Rock Walk of Fame on Sunset. The Rock Walk of Fame is affiliated with the Guitar Center. I also remember seeing a photo of Ev with his hands in Jimmy's handprints.

One of my favorite stories (which, when we first heard it, my friends and I were in hysterics) about Peter Grant has to do with Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the celebs hand prints in the cement outside the Theatre. The owner of the theatre suggested to Grant that the Zep guys should put their handprints there too and Grant replied that the Zep guys should put another part of their anatomy in the cement. :lol:

I also recall Robert quipping that he didn't belive his would leave an imprint!! :lol:

The Hollywood Walk of Fame lay on the sidewalks on both sides of Hollywood Blvd and goes for blocks.

Yes, the Rock Walk is in the foyer at Guitar Center at Sunset and Gardner in West Hollywood, on the property of the store itself, (which is gated when the store is closed, so make sure to visit during business hours). There's also a shop with amazing displays of items (like Keith Moon's drumkit from The Kids are Alright) and memerobilia (t-shirts, postcards, etc) you can purchase.

http://www.rockwalk.com/

MeJimmyHandprints.jpg

Hi everyone-

Rocky Dickerson

I lived in Hollywood. The Star thing is no big deal. I really dont think you want Zep out there. I mean, Brittany Spears has a star and what credibility does she have?? Hell, Motely Crue has one too..its a joke and the whole town knows it, trust me..you dont want LZ to have a star, it means nothing. BTW..Jimmys hand prints are at Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd along with many other guitar players.. When I first moved there I about shit when I took a walk to Guitar Center and suddenly saw his paw prints...Yes, I reached down and touched them and the lord said "it was good" and I rested on that day :)

No big deal? I would think any small thing the fans could do would be more than "no big deal". Laurence Olivier, John Lennon, the Beatles, Ozzy Osborne, Elvis Presley, and the list goes on and on. Even Spears has her fans, sure. In this day, there's not much a fan can do to pay homage in any way. I was waiting for someone to rain on the parade, but I've got a big umbrella. A elitist I am not.

Rocky

Archived