Led Zeppelin Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

ZepStar

Celebration Day!

Today, December 10, marks the one-year anniversary of the fantastic Led Zeppelin Reunion concert in London last year. In memory of the event, I am adding the O2 audio of “Good Times, Bad Times” to my website, which will play today at 1 p.m. PST, precisely the same time they began playing it last year at the concert.

I will also have links on the site to send birthday greetings to both Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, in addition to the petition link to sign for the Led Zeppelin Hollywood Walk of Fame campaign, which is still gathering signatures. I have submitted further communication to Jimmy Page in regard to that matter.

Thanks to those of you who have supported this effort since I began my Arthurian quest, and in particular thanks to all of you Zeppelin fans who keep the flame going!

Happy Holidays,

Rocky Dickerson

LedZeppelinStar.com

• 3 months later...

On March 10, 2009 the Led Zeppelin Star Campaign Petition to get a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame reached 1000 signatures. The petition has been sent to Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones with a request to reconsider endorsing the drive.

In October of 2008 Jimmy Page had notified me through his representative that he could not endorse the campaign. I am hoping if the band reviews the many positive comments of support in the petition, they may have second thoughts, or at least, contact me with any questions or concerns they may have. Since it appears unlikely Zeppelin will reunite or tour again, I was looking at this effort as a final way all the fans could say “thank you” for all the joy and timeless music Led Zeppelin gave to us throughout the years.

Jimi Hendrix, the Doors and the Beatles are but a few of the rock icons who have a star on the Walk of Fame. I feel it’s time to honor Led Zeppelin with one. Jimmy Page was the first to be immortalized on the British Walk of Fame a few years ago and Zeppelin’s many American fans would like to extend a similar honor on U.S. shores.

I also want to thank the many wonderful people who signed the petition and left some touching and heartfelt remarks. My site at LedZeppelinStar.com will remain active and anyone can visit to view the petition. There are links to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce site if anyone would like to learn more about the guidelines and requirements to nominate Led Zeppelin for the star.

Rocky Dickerson

• 3 weeks later...

George Harrison is getting a much deserved Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! Congratulations to his family and the memory of the wonderful music he created.

However, I still can’t figure out why Led Zeppelin won’t give their approval for the effort I started last September 2008 to do the same for them. On March 10, 2009 I sent the 1000 signature petition to Jimmy Page along with another request to get written approval to at least start the campaign on Zeppelin’s behalf. Still no word from anyone. I have started another petition that can be accessed from my site at www.LedZeppelinStar.com. Anyone interested, please visit the site and sign. And a special thanks to all that signed the original petition!

Archived