Jimmy Says - NO REUNION

Dandu

Jimmy is not going to say anything as bold as announcing a new project, plans for LZ, or whatever at a press conference for a documentary involving other artists. He was there to answer questions about It Might Get Loud. Of course he knew he would be asked about you-know-what, especially after what Jason has revealed. He would have chosen his words carefully. To answer the reporter's questions, without being to revealing.

In my opinion, Jason wouldn't do something as monumental as leave Foreigner with 2 months left of their tour for nothing. Yes, I am sure he wants to spend time with his family, but why didn't he see the tour out and then leave?

Anyway, time will tell I guess.

Certainly there is a lot of movement on the Zeppelin front in the last 12 months. Before that, we didn't even think the whole O2 thing was possible, and now we have had the O2 show, JPJ did the Foos Grammy performance, JPJ & JP played with the Foos at Wembley, JP has done this new doco, Mothership/TSRTS re-master etc. This is more output in 12 months than we have had for several years before that.

Something is happening...what that something is, only more time will tell.

Well, we really shouldn't be surprised by Jimmy's response should we? I always believed that there would be no LZ reunion unless all of them wanted to do it.

I hope that JP creates something musically with JPJ & Jason or as a solo artist. B)

If jimmy was there for the purpose of promoting "it might get loud" The documentary; then I'd say that he would have known that those questions about led zeppelin, would be fired In his direction. In all fairness to jimmy; he was there to promote (not just his work)other musicians and directors/producers work involved in making the documentary.Jimmy was obviously trying to steer clear of the questions that were not about the subject he was promoting and may have tried to steer the press back on to the the subject he was there promoting.I'd bet that they are recording /writing music ;cause they (the 3j's) know that Robert would take the songs that they've been working on,only if he liked what he heard ;and could fill the music with lyric's for the songs, hence if Robert likes the tunes; then he'd look at a led zeppelin !!!! whatever?That's what I think is what really is going down (the key to Robert plant is to produce something he likes to sing) :wtf:

We had the similar situaion after the live aid reunion?? The 3 guys jammed together with a drummer. But nothing came out of this. Ok, the current situation is not exactly the same, but similar. Why can't Jimmy make music without Plant?? Does he, the greatest guitarplayer in the world, need Robert Plant as singer to make some good music? I doubt that. Go Jimmy go.....

I look at this differently. What is Jimmy going to say? "Yes, we are going to put something together after Robert finishes his committments with the Alison Krauss collaboration" (which by the way, those contracts were signed before the O2 reunion show was even conceived) and leave Rounder Records staff. who are overwhelmed with dealing with Robert on a NORMAL day, to deal with two weeks of constant media hordes and hysteria on the final two weeks of the AKRP tour? Robert has two more months of work left with a Bluegrass operation, and the staff on board have never had to deal with paparazzi, media stalkers, etc. Jimmy is a smart man. Even if something is planned he is not going to disclose it until Robert is finished in Nashville and back on British soil.

I think we need to be patient. Just my opinion.

Well said Kentuckygirl! :thumbsup:

If jimmy was there for the purpose of promoting "it might get loud" The documentary; then I'd say that he would have known that those questions about led zeppelin, would be fired In his direction. In all fairness to jimmy; he was there to promote (not just his work)other musicians and directors/producers work involved in making the documentary.Jimmy was obviously trying to steer clear of the questions that were not about the subject he was promoting and may have tried to steer the press back on to the the subject he was there promoting.I'd bet that they are recording /writing music ;cause they (the 3j's) know that Robert would take the songs that they've been working on,only if he liked what he heard ;and could fill the music with lyric's for the songs, hence if Robert likes the tunes; then he'd look at a led zeppelin !!!! whatever?That's what I think is what really is going down (the key to Robert plant is to produce something he likes to sing) :wtf:

It isn't really appropriate for journalists to fire off "that question" when he was there promoting something specific (the film), that's for sure. But journalists do that all the time to get the dirt if you will. Think of how many times Robert has endured it - at that press conference with Alison and T Bone for example. Unfortunately I don't think that will ever change with the media.

I agree with this as well. Jason already said that he was "jamming" with JP and JPJ but nothing was said about recording.

Let's just hope that something amazing happens out of the jam so that they have to record and tour it. B)

We had the similar situaion after the live aid reunion?? The 3 guys jammed together with a drummer. But nothing came out of this. Ok, the current situation is not exactly the same, but similar. Why can't Jimmy make music without Plant?? Does he, the greatest guitarplayer in the world, need Robert Plant as singer to make some good music? I doubt that. Go Jimmy go.....

If I was taking bets, I would probably put this option as a higher probability that a full Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham reunion. It's likely that Page will continue to work, as he has been in the last 9 months, with or without the others.

In my opinion, Jason wouldn't do something as monumental as leave Foreigner with 2 months left of their tour for nothing. Yes, I am sure he wants to spend time with his family, but why didn't he see the tour out and then leave?

Anyway, time will tell I guess.

I too am puzzled at why Jason left Foreigner when he did, (it just seems like more is out there than we know) I saw Foreigner about a week before this announcement, I wanted to see Jason, it was a really tight show with a lot of chemistry between the band.. it is puzzling and I refuse to give up hope..

i am not hearing anything new in jimmy's statement.

i agree with what kentucky girl said. we need to be patient. im just thankful he didnt come out with something like : " y'know, i may as well tell you all.....robert has said he will NEVER join john paul, jason and i . a zep reunion and tour will never happen, its over "........i mean, THAT statement would absolutely devastate me ( us ).

so i am still ever the optimist, and keep hopeing that we will hear something from jimmy, john paul, jason, and yes even robert.

Right on Sister -- What else can we do?? :)

I agree that he has still not said anything definitive. They're not really recording he says. That could mean anything. It could mean they are still working up material.....or not....it could mean they have already worked up the material and are about to record it and he doesn't want to say at that press conference.....or not.....

The comment on needing four members for a reunion could mean they are holding out for Robert...or not......It could mean they are doing something with another singer which therefore wouldn't actually be a reunion....or not......

All it definitely means is that he is not willing to define the situation at that moment which as has been pointed out is appropriate since he is there for another reason with other people.

Jason "wanting to spend more time with his family," while it may to some extent be true, is also the classic reason given by all famous people who resign from a prominent position and don't want to give the real reason. ;) So I'd guess there's more involved.

Yep, it's the classic phrase Aqua ;)

Not being a professional musician, I really don't have an expert opinion here, but I wonder if the Zep reunion and all the hype that came along with it stoked some ill will in some way, shape or form?

I suppose you could liken it to when a baseball player gets called up from AAA to the Majors and has a bit of success only to be sent back down to AAA again. Sometimes players resent the guy who had some success at the next level... and conversely, the guy who went up and then came back down may not enjoy going back to AAA all that much. From everything I have seen and read, Jason seems like he would handle the situation with the utmost respect and professional courtesy, but I don't know anything about the other guys in Foreigner right now...

Then again, maybe he REALLY DID want to just spend more time with the fam!

There was one comment made by Mick ( guitarist / keyboard ) about Foreigner's status with Jason taking time away from their agenda that did make me laugh back awhile ago when the 02 show was in rehearsal.

If I recall he said that he would " pardon /excuse " Jason's absence for such a worthy event as a LZ reunion.

I almost choked on the hilarity.

So, forgive me if I'm wrong , but -------- Jason deciding to spend time with his family is paramount to any other musical endeavor.

And ya , we can all drive the speculation train for miles and miles ---- one more time.

It makes for good hope and discussion , but in the end it's all about 4 men and their desire.

Wish and pray.

Archived