Jimmy Says - NO REUNION

Dandu

Now I'm starting to relize that I will never see Led Zeppelin live....... :crying:

We haven't heard from any of them that there will never be a Led Zeppelin reunion. It's still possible and they would almost certainly want to wait until an official announcement or press conference if they were planning something.

I believe the Zeppelin shall return! :D

Pagey hasn't been this much in the public eye in years.

Bonham leaving Foreigner simply coincidental?

Plant finishing up his tour with Yoko Krauss soon.

JPJ isn't parking cars last we heard.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along. :rolleyes:

That is not nice. Alison Krauss sings much better than Yoko, Linda McCartney, Patti Scialfa...... :angry:

:hysterical::thumbsup:

That's a good advice.

The first 2 are definitely a positive thing as far as new music is concerned. But isn't Plant scheduled to record a new album with Alison soon? As much as I would love to see a Zeppelin reunion, I can't see it happening anymore. But at least it looks like Robert, JPJ, Jimmy (and Jason) will continue to make new music and tour (hopefully).

At least no one retired! :mellow:

In their shoes, I wouldn't tour for nostalgia sake. My thoughts on this; they'll walk into the rehearsal studio, do some serious writing over a long period of time, involving Robert as songs are developed, play down any/all rumours, release a new CD, then tour in support of the new material.

If the question was: Will there be a reunion? My answer would be "No Reunion" . You can't have a "reunion" without John. Will there be a newly formed Led Zeppelin?

“If you’re going to do a reunion, you need four members,” .

Different interpretations; I see that answer differently as the writer, not as a referral to Plant but Jimmy referring to the business of Led Zeppelin - you need four members and no is signed to do produce anything as Led Zeppelin.

Interpretation.

In this past Sunday's Newsday (Sept 14) there was an article about Andy Taylor of Duran Duran and about the book he has written, Wild Boy. Newsday writer Glenn Gamboa interviewed him, and he just happened to mention something about Robert:

GG- Do you think you'll all be able to put things behind you and reunite Duran Duran again?

AT- It'd be very difficult to go back. The second time around was so great. We got to play Madison Square Garden again, and the Budokan in Tokyo. We made another record. I have a family now, and they were a really young family 5 years ago, so they never knew what I did. They were like, "Bloody hell, Dad, so this is what you do when you're not on the couch smoking pot!".

It would become a question of, how would you motivate yourself? Robert Plant really put it best. He had just bought a house here in Ibiza, and we were having lunch right after the big Led Zeppelin reunion, and there was all that speculation and he told me, "I'm not gonna do a tour." He said "The only way I'd do it now is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party."

It's kind of how I feel. It would have to be a reunion with some consequence, something that wasn't just self-interest. Maybe some opportunity will come along that will be that exciting. Never say never.

Trying to get Robert to obey this diktat of the universe is as hard as trying to get a panda to fuck.

Give him plenty of fresh bamboo, lock him in a cage with Jimmy, and put on the Led Zep DVD....

Haha Led Zeppelin fans can be so so naughty!

I suggest adding some Barry White and a little bit of wine and fairy dust to that mix and we might get some action...bring a camera or web cam! B)

Oh by the light of the full Moon...

In this past Sunday's Newsday (Sept 14) there was an article about Andy Taylor of Duran Duran and about the book he has written, Wild Boy. Newsday writer Glenn Gamboa interviewed him, and he just happened to mention something about Robert:

GG- Do you think you'll all be able to put things behind you and reunite Duran Duran again?

AT- It'd be very difficult to go back. The second time around was so great. We got to play Madison Square Garden again, and the Budokan in Tokyo. We made another record. I have a family now, and they were a really young family 5 years ago, so they never knew what I did. They were like, "Bloody hell, Dad, so this is what you do when you're not on the couch smoking pot!".

It would become a question of, how would you motivate yourself? Robert Plant really put it best. He had just bought a house here in Ibiza, and we were having lunch right after the big Led Zeppelin reunion, and there was all that speculation and he told me, "I'm not gonna do a tour." He said "The only way I'd do it now is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party."

It's kind of how I feel. It would have to be a reunion with some consequence, something that wasn't just self-interest. Maybe some opportunity will come along that will be that exciting. Never say never.

They may need to do benefit concerts on Wall Street and in London Financial District to save the world economy and allow some of us ordinary people to retire before we die. Are you listening, gentlemen? Since you apparently don't care about the money?! :D

To celebrate and honor their music and talk about the things they've done since then.

How is having a chat boad honoring and celebrating their music? The website itself does that. It gets a bit boring posting pictures of ourselves. There is no new product to discuss and how many time can we discuss the meaning of STH?

How is having a chat boad honoring and celebrating their music? The website itself does that. It gets a bit boring posting pictures of ourselves. There is no new product to discuss and how many time can we discuss the meaning of STH?

No one's forcing you to participate if you find it boring. Some people enjoy talking about various aspects of their music and those that were lucky to have seen them etc.

a duran duran reunion with some "consequence". those crazy kids....

robert is certainly looking very resistant to the machine.

good for him.

bad for us.

that's the way these things go.

i just saw the tokens singing "the lion sleeps tonight" on pbs.

i hope it never gets to that....

So what's really the point of having a chat forum/room/whatever for a band that really doesn't exist?

The forerunner of this board happily existed for years with people discussing their love of the band and its music, whether it was currently active or not--rumors constantly surfaced about reunions, but when those didn't materialize, it didn't dampen anybody's enthusiasm for the band as it was. People were happy with what we'd had, and grateful for anything extra that came our way.

Archived