Jimmy Says - NO REUNION

Dandu

It would become a question of, how would you motivate yourself? Robert Plant really put it best. He had just bought a house here in Ibiza, and we were having lunch right after the big Led Zeppelin reunion, and there was all that speculation and he told me, "I'm not gonna do a tour." He said "The only way I'd do it now is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party."

It's kind of how I feel. It would have to be a reunion with some consequence, something that wasn't just self-interest. Maybe some opportunity will come along that will be that exciting. Never say never.

Now you know what all this shit is pissing me off so much. I requested that very thing months ago. Well, kind of, I requested the Temple Mount. They asked Paul Macca let it be instead. Assholes. Israel gave me heck when I was 14 and climbed Mount Sinai, and they still give me grief. and it ain't good.

transmission.jpg

Sisters in Arms

a duran duran reunion with some "consequence". those crazy kids....

robert is certainly looking very resistant to the machine.

good for him.

bad for us.

that's the way these things go.

i just saw the tokens singing "the lion sleeps tonight" on pbs.

i hope it never gets to that....

I don't see anyone offering Duran Duran $500mil to reuinte (roughly the equivalent of 250 million pounds, at least until earlier today). This is not apples-to-apples comparison. One word I have not seen RP use in any recent interview is "never". He is a wise man in that respect, it took me about 40 years to learn to never use the word "never".

NO news here. Bobbie Planet's not down with it.

What can you do? Seems a bit of a waste. But if Robert doesn't want to play the old songs, there's really not much to say beyond that.

I would be MORE encouraged if Plant thought there was a NEW album.. New material because I've always said there won't be a greatest hits tour.

If the band is to play together again , it will be because there's MORE to play.

NO news here. Bobbie Planet's not down with it.

What can you do? Seems a bit of a waste. But if Robert doesn't want to play the old songs, there's really not much to say beyond that.

I would be MORE encouraged if Plant thought there was a NEW album.. New material because I've always said there won't be a greatest hits tour.

If the band is to play together again , it will be because there's MORE to play.

Ok, Robert won't play the old songs again and agaion. But WHY does he play them on his solo- tours and the Plant/Kraus tour??? ok, the arrangements are a bit different but the lyrics are still the same. Nobody on this planet can understand Robert and his thoughts.....

Ok, Robert won't play the old songs again and agaion. But WHY does he play them on his solo- tours and the Plant/Kraus tour??? ok, the arrangements are a bit different but the lyrics are still the same. Nobody on this planet can understand Robert and his thoughts.....

There's a HUGe difference between laying the odd zep song in a totally different style and churing out a whole set of the old songs, done in the same old way, night after night!

"The only way I'd do it now is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party."

Ooh, now I like the sound of that! lol.....Pretty clear how things stand, though. It's all over....

"The only way I'd do it now is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party."

Ooh, now I like the sound of that! lol.....Pretty clear how things stand, though. It's all over....

Not if we all make a real big fat stinky fart over it. Seriously. I requested the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Even more important spot. Tell me something, what does Macca have to do with peace? Oh wait. Let me guess.... The Las Vegas "All You Need is Love" show. Yeah, that's real love. You know what? He went to an art exhibit that showed how terribly a lot of artists starved and struggled, and his reaction was.... NOT to do anything about it.... As if it doesn't still go on...

Oooh, I'm a Beatle. I'm god. ... Give me a barf bag.

Why doesn't he invest oodles of his money into the arts and making life better for many rather than sticking his nose into the traditions of the Inuit, something he has NO clue about?

Why is he playing in Tel Aviv. The Pals will be for the most part blocked from seeing the show. Is it free. What's he gonna sing? Silly Love Songs? I could have given my money away to charity but I'm too stupid to face reality? I got knighted. That must make me brilliant?

PaulHell.jpg

Welcome to a piece of your own hell Paul. B)

"making life better for many rather than sticking his nose into the traditions of the Inuit"

PaulBlewIt2.jpg

Well done!!

You know, they don't hunt for the pelts, and they use the entire seal. the ENTIRE seal.

Let me guess, everyone should be a vegetarian right?

I wonder if we could dig up photos of Paul in fur.

I wonder if we could stick him in the Arctic and see how he survives.

When I heard the news of the passing of Richard Wright today and the recent comments of David Gilmour regarding a Pink Floyd reunion "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, there will be no Pink Floyd reunion" I thought of how the members of Led Zeppelin are around the same age. If there is any hope of the band playing together again it must be soon. To my knowledge RP has never made a definitive statement like Gilmour's regarding Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant has been a solo artist longer than he played with Led Zeppelin, if he has any intentions of playing with the band the time is now. We never know what is around the corner and life is sweet but short. It would be a shame to miss out on something that you might want to do and regret it when it is to late.

When I heard the news of the passing of Richard Wright today and the recent comments of David Gilmour regarding a Pink Floyd reunion "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, there will be no Pink Floyd reunion" I thought of how the members of Led Zeppelin are around the same age. If there is any hope of the band playing together again it must be soon. To my knowledge RP has never made a definitive statement like Gilmour's regarding Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant has been a solo artist longer than he played with Led Zeppelin, if he has any intentions of playing with the band the time is now. We never know what is around the corner and life is sweet but short. It would be a shame to miss out on something that you might want to do and regret it when it is to late.

It's never too late.

The only time Never is an appropriate word is

for the continuation of war or other nasties that need to be rooted out of humanity

That's my opinion anyhow.

If that statement that Robert supposedly made is true, than its' finally coming full circle to its true calling. Music as a means to end war and violence.

The way the seal-hunt is conducted is incredibly cruel and merciless. No, not everyone should be a vegetarian (in my opinion), but mankind should incorporate compassionate/humane measures in the treatment of all beings -- man and animal. In my opinion.

Our brains and hearts have the magnificent ability and potential to create a balanced solution that can be kind to all.

Sorry to be off-topic from the thread subject. :huh: I'm looking forward to more good music in whatever direction the boy(s) decide to take it. :)

To my knowledge RP has never made a definitive statement like Gilmour's regarding Led Zeppelin.

I'd have thought he's made a few over the last year and he's been consistant - it was a one-off and there'll be no tour, but not completely ruling out the possibilty of another one-off if the circumstances were right.

I don't see anyone offering Duran Duran $500mil to reuinte (roughly the equivalent of 250 million pounds, at least until earlier today). This is not apples-to-apples comparison. One word I have not seen RP use in any recent interview is "never". He is a wise man in that respect, it took me about 40 years to learn to never use the word "never".

thank you for your awesome response. my reply was 'tongue-in-cheek'. i try to have a sense of humor with these things. i understand that it's near impossible for some people to even grow a sense of humor.

my deepest sympathies....

edit to add: why are the financial offers always mentioned when we discuss the future of zeppelin? it is obviously not an issue with the band members, and i, for one, do not think zeppelin is the greatest band ever because of their album sales or concert tour offers. there is some person somewhere that thought duran duran was more than a lightweight pop band to them and are dissappointed that they aren't reuniting.

how many apples do we need? $500 million makes my band better than your band?

what a crock...

No one's forcing you to participate if you find it boring. Some people enjoy talking about various aspects of their music and those that were lucky to have seen them etc.

Look, I don't fawn over everything the band(or any band) does. I find it odd that an inactive band has a chat board. I think the only purpose is to draw fans here to buy OLD product. An unofficial chat board would be more appropriate. Just agree okay?

Look, I don't fawn over everything the band(or any band) does. I find it odd that an inactive band has a chat board. I think the only purpose is to draw fans here to buy OLD product. An unofficial chat board would be more appropriate. Just agree okay?

I'll agree to disagree :D

sorry. i, too, disagree.

there are plenty of unofficial chat boards.

http://www.planet-zeppelin.com/

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/led-zeppelin

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/phpBB/index.php

good luck!

I'd have thought he's made a few over the last year and he's been consistant - it was a one-off and there'll be no tour, but not completely ruling out the possibilty of another one-off if the circumstances were right.

I was thinking, if Israel's gonna kiss Macca's ass. Well, Pals and Israelis and basically many folks from all walks of life groove pretty good where I live, so maybe, the Peace Pavillion in Dartmouth, or Citadel Hill in Halifax. We can rename Canada as Canaan, and they can all kiss our asses, lol :D

Goddammit, if Percy just ain't gonna do it, there's nothing stopping Jimmy: it seems pretty clear that he's chomping at the bit for some serious action, so let him grab JPJ & Jason, put a worthy album together and TOUR. Call it "P B & J", or "Pickled Fart", whatever....

The thought that I may never get to see my greatest musical hero perform due to the obstinacy of one band member (even though he of course has the right to refuse) burns my ass.... :angry:

Well, i find Jethro Tull to be "inactive" but i don't mind if they have a message board. The 5 members they do have can chat up a storm.

Archived