first Led Zeppelin show you found.

Cecil.

At my friends listening to a random playlist he had set up and No Quarter from 2-12-75 Flying Circus came on (it was only bootleg he had). That and watching them on the DVD turned me into an instant Zeppelin fan/appreciator.

Some time after that/early this year, I set out to get more bootlegs. But every time we were always comparing them to Flying Circus and many times, (especially because of the quality of the soundboard from that show)) nothing could compare. Since then Ive acquired all or almost all the best bootlegs and well only a few songs from Flying Circus are still my favorite versions and my friend is not as hard headed anymore, especially about quality.

But it is still in my top 10 or top 5 shows. It will always be somewhat sentimental.

My first bootleg when I was a teenager was Cleveland 1977. It actually made me think that they were one of those bands that didn't play well live (for all I knew the Song Remains the Same was full of studio overdubs-I loved it anyway). In those days before the internet it was hard to find information unlike today. I was happy to find out years later how wrong I was. 1977 as we know was not one of their better years.

Well, it was Badgeholders so yeah, I still play that one regularly. The second one I found was Blueberry Hill (on colored vinyl) which I still enjoy. Anyone heard the new source called "A Sweeter Blueberry"? It sounds different (maybe not better!)

Mine was a partial tape of the "Destroyer" album which any Army aquaintance of mine gave to me. It had to be the one accidentally credited to Seattle77', because that is what was written on the tape. I was in "Heaven" listening to this esp. TYG, SIBLY, NBFBM,Going to Calif,Battle of EV, even though they were obviosly "Sluggish". It didn't matter to me because I had worn out the whole studio catalog and "TSRTS". The 2nd side of the tape had parts of the 1985/88 reunions. Hearing "Kasmir" knocked my socks off! The next tape he gave me was the 1971 BBC. Need I say anything else? Now I have almost everything you "need " to have and still am collecting more. 3-11-75 blew my mind and even more, so did 6-21-77. BlueberryHill/Osaka71' just to name a couple. I have every era, and like something from all of them.

So long ago, I forget which one came first, but the first three were most likely "3 Days After" (June 3rd '73 LA Forum) "BBC Broadcast" (4-1-71) & "V 1/2" (Seattle, '73) All on vinyl. All classics. I was hooked on bootlegs forever after that. Had to be circa '73, '74...Man, I wore those records out. I made my own cover for 3 Days After (since they came blank), but can you believe it, I spelled Led Zeppelin wrong several times on it! "Led Zepplin". D'oh!

The first show i found was called my brian hurts live in japan 72 They do a cover of stand by me.I'm not sure if the information on the jacket is correct if somebody could tell me if this is right or wrong .I just broke out my old vinyl shows from when i was a teenager .This websight has rekindled my passion for zep shows

I was blasting a tape of the BBC '71 show while at Spring Break when some people from Ohio stopped by to listen. They invited to their room for a party and played a tape of Destroyer for me. I dubbed the tapes and Cleveland '77 became my first bootleg. Kashmir was a mess (spliced) but I loved hearing those later songs live: Ten Years Gone, Nobody's Fault and I also loved the way Pagey ended Trampeled, the tone of his guitar etc. Obviously now I have a much better version of that show, but it was my first!

Hamberg 73. The April fools day(!) Pageboys copy.

The soundboard segmants which kicks of with Immigrant song from Bradford(18.1.73)

A schitzophrenic affair!! Worth every penny just to hear Bonzos kick drum :o

I was blasting a tape of the BBC '71 show while at Spring Break when some people from Ohio stopped by to listen. They invited to their room for a party and played a tape of Destroyer for me. I dubbed the tapes and Cleveland '77 became my first bootleg. Kashmir was a mess (spliced) but I loved hearing those later songs live: Ten Years Gone, Nobody's Fault and I also loved the way Pagey ended Trampeled, the tone of his guitar etc. Obviously now I have a much better version of that show, but it was my first!

Destroyer is alot of peoples Zeppelin boot de-virginizer, but the BBC Sessions were available on bootleg from way back.. it was one of my firsts - the sound quality is just as good as the official release, but the bootleg includes interviews and banter, and none of Page's creative edits. Everyone should check it out, the interviews are especially entertaining!

They should have made the official BBC Sessions release a 4-disc'er like the bootleg and kept those interviews and introductions... :angry: the thing flows alot better.

• 3 weeks later...

The first bootleg was "For Badgeholders Only" which absolutely blew my mind......the show has passed the test of time, got even better once I found the missing pieces that weren't on the original vinyl.

Mike the Mike, thanks and rest in peace!!!!!

the first thing i heard form zep was, zeppelin 1 out of a family members collection but in terms of shows i think the first one i seen was the earls court or Madison square gardens ones. I may have seen a few others before but its to long to remember. But hearing Zep 1 for the first time was epic

Archived