lost song

hairwaysteven

Hello all I'm new on here,

I've only got into Led Zep in last year though i'm in my 40s.

Basically I recall a mate of mine playing me a compilation LP back in the 70s, there was a Led Zeppelin song on it that I really liked, kind of acoustic (ish) as I remember.

Can someone put me out of my misery on this?

Ta.

Basically I recall a mate of mine playing me a compilation LP back in the 70s, there was a Led Zeppelin song on it that I really liked, kind of acoustic (ish) as I remember.

Ta.

That would be Hey Hey What Can I Do.

It's on the complete box set "Crop Circles", similar to Remasters.

It was the b side of The Immigrant Song single.

Welcome aboard.

That would be Hey Hey What Can I Do.

It's on the complete box set "Crop Circles", similar to Remasters.

It was the b side of The Immigrant Song single.

Welcome aboard.

"Crop Circles" ??? what's that? I've never heard of !!!

Is it from Led Zeppelin? impossible!

it's from someone else? never heard of! B)

Please, let me know more details and catalog number, because I'm missing it on my world wide discography on line ... !

Or are you referring to the Led Zeppelin collection below called "Remasters" (rarely called "box set I" but it's not the official name), as you mentioned?:

boxI.jpg

Ta.

You might be thinking of a compilation LP that Atlantic Records put out in the early 70s called "The New Age of Atlantic" which had Zep's "Hey Hey What Can I Do" on it.

Well, "New Age," "Crop Circles," easy mistake . . .

Seriously, I never heard of Crop Circles either. :huh: Was it just an Australian release or something, Reggie?

You are quite correct Aqua, there was a compilation called The New Age Of Atlantic with HHWCID on it.

I used to have it on vinyl.

Other bands included Yes and Buffalo Springfield amongst others.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=12204

The Boxed Set released in Oz had the same cover art as Remasters without the title.

That is, it only had Led Zeppelin printed on the cover.

I call it "Crop Circles" because I liken the name along the same lines as IV, Runes or Zoso et al.

Just a name I made up, is all.

"Crop Circles" ??? what's that? I've never heard of !!!

Is it from Led Zeppelin? impossible!

it's from someone else? never heard of! B)

Please, let me know more details and catalog number, because I'm missing it on my world wide discography on line ... !

Or are you referring to the Led Zeppelin collection below called "Remasters" (rarely called "box set I" but it's not the official name), as you mentioned?:

boxI.jpg

I have this box set. You could get one w/ 4cds, or a more compact set w/ just 2 cd's.(Ithink there was 2/cd's). Anyway, this set was good because it inc. Traveling Riverside Blues, and Hey Hey what can I do.

• 3 weeks later...
just to remember a couple more of the 70's:

taoauk.jpg

The Age of Atlantic

tsh5us.jpg

The Super Hits vol. 5

homus.jpg

Homer OST

tnaoauk.jpg

and finally The New Age of Atlantic

(that's the difference between cds and vinyls eh eh :D .. wanna see more??)

Awesome albums...

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know which song they included from the Motor City 5 on that first one? I'm naturally inclined to know, being a resident of the Motor City myself. Awesome 3-D clay artwork on that one too! I'd love to get my hands on that record.

Awesome albums...

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know which song they included from the Motor City 5 on that first one? I'm naturally inclined to know, being a resident of the Motor City myself. Awesome 3-D clay artwork on that one too! I'd love to get my hands on that record.

Tonight.

I have this box set. You could get one w/ 4cds, or a more compact set w/ just 2 cd's.(Ithink there was 2/cd's). Anyway, this set was good because it inc. Traveling Riverside Blues, and Hey Hey what can I do.

the two disc collection you mention follows 'crop circles' and completes the entire catalogue.

edit: an additional song is included on this 2 cd set called "baby come on home" as well.

the two disc collection you mention follows 'crop circles' and completes the entire catalogue.

edit: an additional song is included on this 2 cd set called "baby come on home" as well.

These are commonly referred to as Box Set 1 and Box Set 2:

Box set 1:

Led_zeppelin_boxset.jpg

Box set 2:

LedZeppelinBoxSetIIcover.jpg

There also was a two-disc set called Remasters that was a more compact greatest hits:

Remasters.jpg

Archived