Your favourite Plant vocal

Jimmy's A Legend

Too difficult to pick just one!! His falsetto at the end of No Quarter is truly magnificent! He just sort of glides into it, and it sounds really natural. Battle of Evermore is exceptional - it gives me goosebumps. I also love when he screams at the end of I'm Gonna Crawl - I don't know why, but it always makes me laugh! :D

Too difficult to pick just one!! His falsetto at the end of No Quarter is truly magnificent! He just sort of glides into it, and it sounds really natural. Battle of Evermore is exceptional - it gives me goosebumps. I also love when he screams at the end of I'm Gonna Crawl - I don't know why, but it always makes me laugh! :D

Oh yeah, I'm Gonna Crawl.... add that to my list.

Robert Plant really knocks it out of the park for me in "Kashmir" especially the part where he belts "tryin' to find where I've been--------" right before the song returns to the first phrase. (Holy cow!)

How about ...Let me take you there............ B) ...Ok!!!! :rolleyes:

In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man

The reason it's so significant to me is that it's the phrase that opened the door for everything that followed. Everything changed at that moment. It was in essence a herald.

Vocals I assume. I posted the line from GTBT because it's the first moment you hear him with Zeppelin. Which is to say it's one of my faves because of the event, not necessarily because I think it's his best performance, hence me not just posting Good Times Bad Times and leaving it at that.

If that makes any sense! :blink::lol:

the rain song.....definitely my all time favorite vocal from robert.

i think i heard robert say in a radio interview once that he felt his best vocal performance was the rain song, as well.

the rain song.....definitely my all time favorite vocal from robert.

i think i heard robert say in a radio interview once that he felt his best vocal performance was the rain song, as well.

I will agree with you Misty. One of my favorites. I love this song.

At this very moment, The Rain Song is playing on VH1 Classic as they are airing The Song Remains The Same.

Vocals I assume. I posted the line from GTBT because it's the first moment you hear him with Zeppelin. Which is to say it's one of my faves because of the event, not necessarily because I think it's his best performance, hence me not just posting Good Times Bad Times and leaving it at that.

If that makes any sense! :blink::lol:

Makes plenty of sense :D

The first thing I heard him sing was Dazed and Confused, though I don't know if that's my favorite or not--I'm in the "can't decide" camp, especially if you include post-Zep songs.

But I always find it a bit ironic from my perspective that GTBT has this position in Zep history, and was the first song they did at the O2, etc., yet I have to admit it's one of their songs/Robert's vocals that I find least interesting, I don't know why. :(

^^ Aqua, GTBT is certainly not where Robert put it all down. In fact it's pretty low on the Zeppelin thrill meter (which is still higher than about anything else, but I digress). I think the bass, drums, guitar solo and the production far outshadowed Robert's vocal performance on the track. It wasn't until Babe I'm Gonna and You Shook Me that we really did a double take on the singer. Dazed cemented it. Agreed? I just love GTBT because it was the "Allo" I got when I opened the Zeppelin door. Might have taken a "bit of conversation" till I invited him to stay, but I'll never forget that first hello.

Of course, that is assuming we all got our Zeppelin albums chronologically and listened to them front to back from the very start. ;)

Edited by Evster2012

How about ...Let me take you there............ B) ...Ok!!!! :rolleyes:

That works too. :P Yet there's something otherworldly about the way he sings "tryin' to find, tryin' to find where I've beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen"...and then back to the home phrase. Grand slam! :yes2:

The home phrase instrumentally, is (strummed) D, Bb, D6, D7, (repeat)

Edited by justwastintime03

^^ Aqua, GTBT is certainly not where Robert put it all down. In fact it's pretty low on the Zeppelin thrill meter (which is still higher than about anything else, but I digress). I think the bass, drums, guitar solo and the production far outshadowed Robert's vocal performance on the track. It wasn't until Babe I'm Gonna and You Shook Me that we really did a double take on the singer. Dazed cemented it. Agreed? I just love GTBT because it was the "Allo" I got when I opened the Zeppelin door. Might have taken a "bit of conversation" till I invited him to stay, but I'll never forget that first hello.

Of course, that is assuming we all got our Zeppelin albums chronologically and listened to them front to back from the very start. ;)

No GTBT certainly isn't the creme de la creme of Zep tunes but as you said, there's something about it being the first song of the first album that has that, holy smokes, what the heck is this (in a good way of course) :D I didn't get introduced to them chronologically - the fourth album was my intro but when I did discover the first album, Babe and You Shook Me certainly knocked me off my chair.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...