Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy's A Legend

Red Or White?

I like red, especially Cabernet and Syrah/Shiraz. Wouldn't say no to a glass of white either, though. I don't really have a preference...I like flinty Chardonnays and fruity Muscats, so basically I'll drink whatever you put in front of me as long as it's good.

As long as it comes in a plastic bladder packaged inside of a box that you can fashion into an easy-pour spicket, its fine by me!

lmao, stupid americans.

As long as it comes in a plastic bladder packaged inside of a box that you can fashion into an easy-pour spicket, its fine by me!

lmao, stupid americans.

We call it 'goon' where I come from. A great trick we have is to peg it onto a rotating clothes-line, you spin it and whoever it stops on has to drink. Great game, it's called goon-of-fortune.

goonbag2.jpg

Red, Burgundy.

The only white I can stand is Champagne B)

Champagne made with white Chardonnay OR red Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes, usually combination of all three of them, but could made only a one grape variety.

So that´s why Champagne is only "white" wine you´d like :D

Red´s good and white too, it depends.

I'm not really a big wine drinker. But if I had to choose it would be white. I've tried to like red wine... but I just can't do it. I actually feel a bit nauseous if I drink red wine.

Champagne made with white Chardonnay OR red Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes, usually combination of all three of them, but could made only a one grape variety.

So that´s why Champagne is only "white" wine you´d like :D

Well that's exactly right because most cuvées are, as you said, are a blend of grape varieties. Which is why I like champagne because, being a Burgundy drinker, I prefer the pinot noir element to counter the sweetness of the chardonnay. I can handle a refined Blanc de blancs, but it has to be rather elegant for me to get away from the full bodied chardonnay.

Well that's exactly right because most cuvées are, as you said, are a blend of grape varieties. Which is why I like champagne because, being a Burgundy drinker, I prefer the pinot noir element to counter the sweetness of the chardonnay. I can handle a refined Blanc de blancs, but it has to be rather elegant for me to get away from the full bodied chardonnay.

I love you for putting the accent mark on cuvées. </end French major geek-out>

I'm enjoying a lovely petit shirah even as we speak (or type as it were). I love red, especially Italians. I'm not fond of chardonnay, but love a crisp sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio.

And, of course, champagne...

I love wine.

White wine is nice in the summer months but red wine is better for most of the rest of the year. I prefer red usually.

White wine (Señorio de Heliche) with Pescaito frito (fish) at the "chiringuito" (beach bar) and sweet red wine for a romantic dinner by the seaside.

I like a good pinot noir, cabernet souvignon or merlot but anything that is red and fairly dry. :drunk: I will be popping a few corks tonight from a few bottles that I got for my birthday. PROST!