Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Adam is the only one on AI I'd like to see cover Zeppelin. Perhaps, SIBLY would be a good one to do. The vocals in the song have a lot of range and this would allow Adam to show it. The other contestants...well forget it! None of them are worthy of being allowed the honor to try.

Actually, the only other one I would consider giving him a crack at a Zep tune would be Matt Giraud--with his bluesy voice I'd like to see him try one of the blues-ier Zep tunes..might be alright to see. But I don't want to law-of-attraction ANY of it to happen!! LOL!! :) Again I say--Zep and AI should never meet!!!!! :o

Sharon

• 4 weeks later...
Not one, but TWO billboards of Robert Plant on the Tri-state tollway south of Chicago - just about caused a crash when i saw them. I think they were for a radio station.

WOW!! That IS unexpected..no wonder you almost got in a crash. LOL!! :) I am assuming this billboard may have been with Allison Kraus, too??

Sharon

Not one, but TWO billboards of Robert Plant on the Tri-state tollway south of Chicago - just about caused a crash when i saw them. I think they were for a radio station.

I saw a billboard of Robert Plant also on the way up to Palatine the end of Feb of this year, near the Arlington Heights racetrack exit on 53 North. It was also for a radio station. Going up that way the end of this month for my job so I will have to see if it is still there!

Yesterday I saw a woman in the subway wearing a 77 tour shirt... I was really surprised...I've never met anyone in my town who wore anything Zep-related...:- )

I saw a guy wearing one for the US tour in '77 at work yesterday and just smiled. I don't think he saw me.

I saw a guy wearing one for the US tour in '77 at work yesterday and just smiled. I don't think he saw me.

That's not as bad as what happened to me; I had on my funky neon 77 Tour shirt at school one day. As I was walking out of the auditorium, a guy went by in a Hermit/Stairway shirt. "Hey! Nice shirt!" I yelled (well-not really yelled, spoke loudly) He just looked at me & walked off. <_< He saw me, he just ignored me. I walked off mumbling about how You know it's bad when the Led Heads can't stick together. <_<

That's not as bad as what happened to me; I had on my funky neon 77 Tour shirt at school one day. As I was walking out of the auditorium, a guy went by in a Hermit/Stairway shirt. "Hey! Nice shirt!" I yelled (well-not really yelled, spoke loudly) He just looked at me & walked off. <_< He saw me, he just ignored me. I walked off mumbling about how You know it's bad when the Led Heads can't stick together. <_<

I always yell out something when I see people with Led Zeppelin shirts on, don't think I've ever been ignored though, that sucks.

On Ron White's Comedy Central special last night (4/19) he had a joke,

"The first person to ever utter the phrase, "Shake for my girl, I wanna be your back door man" was actually Richard Milhous Nixon. A lot of people probably think it was Led Zeppelin, but no. I'm 90% sure. Well actually 77% sure. Make that 51% sure. Ok, it was Led Zeppelin"

I laughed my ass off for several minutes!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight on "The Colbert Report" Stephen Colbert talking about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad saying (as a joke obviously) that he was "from the land of the ice and snow". If you watch the show it's in the the first 3 minutes or so.

Edited by TonyV

I had the TV on mute today and saw an ad for Jay Leno's new show. They showed someone from 'Jaywalking" and the cover of Led Zeppelin I. I couldn't find the remote fast enough to hear what was going on.

I saw a billboard of Robert Plant also on the way up to Palatine the end of Feb of this year, near the Arlington Heights racetrack exit on 53 North. It was also for a radio station. Going up that way the end of this month for my job so I will have to see if it is still there!

The billboard of Robert Plant is still up on 53 North near the Arlington Heights racetrack exit in the West burbs of Chicago! Was up there this past week for my job and it was still there!

I had the TV on mute today and saw an ad for Jay Leno's new show. They showed someone from 'Jaywalking" and the cover of Led Zeppelin I. I couldn't find the remote fast enough to hear what was going on.

I just saw that commercial- it looks like to me that Leno is doing a spoof of a game show. The famous pic of the Hindenburg exploding (it's not the album cover as the words Led Zeppelin aren't in the pic) comes up on a screen, and he asks somebody what the pic is. The answer the contestant gives is "uh, the sinking of the Titanic?".

I just saw that commercial- it looks like to me that Leno is doing a spoof of a game show. The famous pic of the Hindenburg exploding (it's not the album cover as the words Led Zeppelin aren't in the pic) comes up on a screen, and he asks somebody what the pic is. The answer the contestant gives is "uh, the sinking of the Titanic?".

Ooh!! I saw that!! I wish it were incorperated with Zeppelin though :( , it would've been cool!

Ooh, one time I was at Hollywood Studios at Disney and I was in line for the Rockin' Roller Coaster and my mom and I decided to get out of line cause it wasn't moving, and while getting out some dude yelled at me saying "NICE SHIRT!!" (You can kinda guess what kind of shirt I was wearing ;) !) I have never had that happen to me, I felt kinda special, that someone, someone that I don't even know, commented on my Zeppy shirt ^^! And at the end of the line some dude was also wearing a Zeppelin shirt (What a wonderful world!)