Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I'm watching House, and I missed the first 20?? minutes of it, but it's about a guitarist whose left & right brain don't work together right. When I turned it on, he they were running tests on him I think, and pumping "China Grove" into the room& he was air-guitaring with it. Later the team is talking to House and he said "Try Led Zeppelin" What's really cool is that less than a minute later, Black Dog came on my radio :D

The billboard of Robert Plant is still up on 53 North near the Arlington Heights racetrack exit in the West burbs of Chicago! Was up there this past week for my job and it was still there!

There is another one on the Kennedy expressway just north of the loop. You can see it clearly from the northbound lanes.

I'm watching House, and I missed the first 20?? minutes of it, but it's about a guitarist whose left & right brain don't work together right. When I turned it on, he they were running tests on him I think, and pumping "China Grove" into the room& he was air-guitaring with it. Later the team is talking to House and he said "Try Led Zeppelin" What's really cool is that less than a minute later, Black Dog came on my radio :D

My favorite show referencing my favorite band. Doesn't get much better than that.

I was watching the coverage of the Preakness race today on NBC. Right before the race started they showed this clip about all the different horses that were going to run, and in the clip they played an orchestral version of Kashmir! :D I had the volume on really low and I thought I heard something that sounded like Kashmir; then I turned up the volume and couldn't believe my ears! :D

The other day, I saw a customer at work wearing a silver and tourqious bracelet very similar to what Jimmy and Robert used to wear and of course I thought of them.

The radio has been playing Stevie Wonder's Superstition a lot and I can't hear it without thinking it sounds so much like Trampled Underfoot.

Edited by aen27

• 2 weeks later...

In one episode of the Simpsons they are in London and Homer says: "There's Big Ben; there's Piccadilly Circus; there goes Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music to ever walk the earth."

Altough I'm a big fan of Jimmy and don't think hes a thief I thought that was quite funny.

In one episode of the Simpsons they are in London and Homer says: "There's Big Ben; there's Piccadilly Circus; there goes Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music to ever walk the earth."

Altough I'm a big fan of Jimmy and don't think hes a thief I thought that was quite funny.

Now that is funny!! LOL!!! :D Thanks for sharing. :)

Sharon

ok ive got a few

I was watching Monk and it was an episode about when he was young and the girl he liked was wearing a zep shirt and he said thanks for recommending that cd for me by wearing the shirt, and she was like o... ok did you like it ? which was your favorite? and said o i dont own a record player but i got the record, yes very good, a stairway, yes up to heaven, i believe.. so that made me happy

#2 i was watching law and order and they were talking about making it in the musical world and the detective said well must be tough, only maybe 5000 make it a year, a thousand or so get somewhere playing in a zeppelin tribute band but only a few make it to the top. also made me happy

#3 in an art critique someone wasnt speaking loud enough so our teacher said hmm there seems to be a communication breakdown here.. so me and my best friend were just like " what was there mrs tyndal? a what break down?

so yea those are mine

My friend has a 11,000 Things To Make You Miserable book & one of the things in there was "Led Zeppelin tribute bands" (apologies to any members that are in tribute bands, I know there's quite a few on here) :D

How true, they make ME miserable indeed! (no offence to members :yesnod:) Sounds like a good book! :D

Oh god, its so mean yet so funny at the same time :hysterical: ! Do you know what episode its from?

Anyway, I was playing the Simpsons game when at one point the Simpsons had to go talk to God, so Lisa built a way to heaven and said "Come on guys, I've built a Stairway to Heaven." and Otto holds his hands up in a rock sign and says "Awesome!! I hope the stores aren't all closed" Honestly, I knew it was gonna come but to hear that just made my day :lol: !!

Oh god, its so mean yet so funny at the same time :hysterical: ! Do you know what episode its from?

Anyway, I was playing the Simpsons game when at one point the Simpsons had to go talk to God, so Lisa built a way to heaven and said "Come on guys, I've built a Stairway to Heaven." and Otto holds his hands up in a rock sign and says "Awesome!! I hope the stores aren't all closed" Honestly, I knew it was gonna come but to hear that just made my day :lol: !!

Do you remember the Simpsons episode where Otto the bus driver crashes the bus into the ocean and the last thing he says before getting swallowed by the drink is "Zeppelin Rules!!". The first time I saw that, I had to make sure the laughter was coming out the right hole.

Do you remember the Simpsons episode where Otto the bus driver crashes the bus into the ocean and the last thing he says before getting swallowed by the drink is "Zeppelin Rules!!". The first time I saw that, I had to make sure the laughter was coming out the right hole.

Oh my god! Yes I do!! When I heard that, I got so excited, thats why the Simpsons are so amazing! I always get excited when I hear something related to Zep. One time, I saw a Zeppelin in the sky and I got excited over that :lol: !!

According to Wikiquote the name of the episode is The Regina Monologues.