Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I was watching a rerun episode of F Troop called From Karate With Love.

A Japanese girl runs away from her father and is being pursued by a Samurai warrior.

She is performing the traditional Tea Ceremony for Captain Parmenter and after serving him started to play a Japanese folk song on a Sanshin or Shamisen to which he asked "what it is it called?"

She replied, "Tea For One".

I was watching a repeat episode of CSI (Las Vegas) on cable last evening. A woman was lying dead at the bottom of a staircase. Catherine asks Grissom what he's thinking. He says "Led Zeppelin. Stairway to Heaven" and the camera pans up the stairs. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was listening to the local NPR radio station at work and there was an interview with the singer from the 70's group The Ides of March. I think his name was Jim Peterik. He talked about appearing with Zeppelin in Winnipeg in 1970 and blowing them away. The interviewer, who seemed to be a huge closet Zep fan, asked how that happened. Jim said he didn't know, Zep must have had an off day.

• 2 weeks later...