Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Caught an old episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air the other day. Will said to the butler Jeffrey how he needs to be more hip. Jeffrey replied by saying "You don't need to tell me to be hip. For a brief time I was the road manager for Led Zeppelin".

Caught an old episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air the other day. Will said to the butler Jeffrey how he needs to be more hip. Jeffrey replied by saying "You don't need to tell me to be hip. For a brief time I was the road manager for Led Zeppelin".

I have seen this episode of the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" a few times in the past (although I cannot remember what the Fresh Prince (Will Smith) says exactly), I do remember that Jeffrey the Butler says, "I was Led Zeppelin's Road Butler". Not Road Manager, but Road Butler. Makes sense because he is a still a Butler himself.

Obviously the writers of this show wrote that line for Jeffery to say, but I always wondered if Will Smith himself was a fan of Led Zeppelin or if he was really aware of who LZ were. Remember this episode was filmed back in the early to mid 1990's and way before Will Smith became a Huge Superstar. I would like to think that He is probably a fan of LZ now more than 15 years after that episode came out. Who knows?

I was washing my hands with a new soap and said to my wife it smelled good! Then I took a look at the label to see the scent and LOL'd !

15rinx2.jpg

LOL it's very amusing..ciao! can you ask your wife where she bought this soap? in which supermarket or shop? I've never seen before... I don't think it's sold only in Salerno...smile.gif

This one is a bit of a stretch, but here goes ....

The other evening I was in Sears by the tvs. One tv was showing a live band. The band was singing a Foreigner song and Jason was on drums (I think I remember he played with Foreigner at one time?). I said out loud "Oh, it's Jason Bonham on drums!" I think I embarrassed my daughter.. :blink:

I don't know how unrelated this is, but my hubbie says that I channel LZ where ever I go. Every time we get in the car together to go somewhere, LZ comes on (this doesn't happen with him alone, only with me) and it happens all the time. The other night we went to dinner and afterwards we decided to have our coffee at a small table in the bar area. The TV was on behind the bar, American Idol was on, as soon as we sat down, the contestant broke into her version of Stairway to Heaven. He said that's it . . . . you are channeling LZ and it follows you everywhere you go. All I can say is that it must be the magik or the FM (fucking magik). :)

(BTW, she really didn't do justice to the song, basically she sucked.)

Edited by justawoman

I was watching a "House" rerun within the last couple of days, and House said something about Led Zeppelin albums (sorry I can't remember the exact dialog).

Was it the guy who's left & right brain wouldn't work together right?

He was a guitarist, and air-guitared to get his brain in sync or something. They were playing China Grove in the operating room for him.

Later, the team was talking to House, and after he gave them this huge, wordy diagnosis and treatment, he walks out and says

"Oh, and try Led Zeppelin"

;)

Was it the guy who's left & right brain wouldn't work together right?

He was a guitarist, and air-guitared to get his brain in sync or something. They were playing China Grove in the operating room for him.

Later, the team was talking to House, and after he gave them this huge, wordy diagnosis and treatment, he walks out and says

"Oh, and try Led Zeppelin"

;)

YES!! :D (I love House! Really enjoyed the episode with Dave Matthews too!)

I mentioned this before in Ramble On I think, but a friend of mine sent me a Pink Floyd boot from Philadelphia in 1987 and included was a bonus disc of a soundcheck they did in Austria in 1988 and during one of the random jams they were doing on stage, one of them turned into Heartbreaker.....and not Pat Benatar's version. It was probably the opening riff and maybe part of the 1st verse, but it was trippy hearing David Gilmour playing something Jimmy Page wrote as I don't think Page ever did any jamming and incorporated Pink Floyd into it.

It was pretty neat, anyway. Apparently there's a clip of them doing Good Times, Bad Times as well but I don't know how verifiable that is; none of my usual bootleg contacts have heard of it.

Edited by Electrophile

Oh wow, I totally forgot this, but I was talking to a friend about Muse toady, and Electrophile's post reminded me...

I saw MUSE open for U2 back in October. They were just jamming between songs, and the guitarist breaks out in the opening riff of Heartbreaker. I freaked and was waiting for then to kick it up, but they never actually played the song, he just ran the riff for a few seconds.

I was a bit dissappointed... but then again, did I REALLY want to hear MUSE do Zeppelin?

Perhaps for some of you here on the site, very very experienced, judging from your posts, will not be a surprise.... ... But yesterday while I was driving I was listening to a classical music channel the beginning of a Rachmaninov concert ... ... the director of the orchestra, introducing the concert, suddenly starts talking about JPJ, and how much he was influenced by Rachmaninov. ... then he continued talking about the LZ in general and the greatness of their music, immortal as the great classical music.smile.gif ... then the concert started, but I got off...I confess I don't know the music of Rachmaninoff, but such a passionate speech of the orchestra director makes me curious to explore this influence ...

Not one, but TWO billboards of Robert Plant on the Tri-state tollway south of Chicago - just about caused a crash when i saw them. I think they were for a radio station.

97.1 FM The Drive to be exact. I took pictures of them. :D