Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

saw a chick recently who had the john paul jones symbol on her handbag..........just that one symbol

seemed quite young.....and i thought........nah, must mean something else

but it certainly was his symbol , plain as day.......almost said something in fact

My daughter and I were doing a college visit the other day, and when we went into the campus bookstore (which was 1/2 campus bookstore, 1/2 Barnes & Noble), there was a Zeppelin picture book with Jimmy on the cover front and center on one of the book shelves. I think I've seen that book prominently displayed in every Barnes & Noble I've ever been in. (Can't remember who the author is unfortunately).

I was going through some notes on Binary Relations which were handed out in class a couple of days ago and I couldn't help but notice this really interesting coincidence : (Here is the first page of the hand-out where you'll find something really interesting!)

Definition. A binary relation on a set S is a subset of the Cartesian product S × S.

This definition is so abstract that you may find it difficult to see how this is connected to the ordinary idea of things being "related".

Here's the idea : A relationship between two objects is something like "x is the father of y", or "x is greater than y", or "x and y have the same color", or "x2 + y2 = 4.

Look at "x is the father of y". Your experience in the real world tells you what this means — how you would verify that a given person is the father of another person.

But another way to define the "father"relationship would be to make a list of all father-child pairs.

For example, if Bonzo has a son named Wickersham and a daughter named Gordinier, then the pairs (Bonzo, Wickersham) and (Bonzo, Gordinier) would be on the "father" list.

You can see that these are ordered pairs elements of the Cartesian product people × people.

;):D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Whole Lotta Love: Minor League team to wear Led Zeppelin jerseys Thursday

Wed Jun 16,2010 4:00 PM ET By Rick Chandler

To me, outfitting your minor league baseball team with jerseys that depict a crashing zeppelin doesn't exactly send an inspiring message. But it's only for one night, and hey, it's Led Zeppelin. It's never a bad night to honor Robert Plant, John Bonham and the boys, as the West Michigan Whitecaps will prove on Thursday with Led Zeppelin Night. The Whitecaps, of the Class-A Midwest League, will wear the jersey depicted above when they take on the Lake County Captains at 7 p.m. Post-Game concert by Led Zeppelin ... cover band, Oracle. Hey, I hear they're good. Also, actual Led Zeppelin songs to be played all night on the loudspeakers. If you don't end up dazed and confused, you weren't there.

Anyway, it should draw a different sort of crowd than Star Wars Night.

• 2 weeks later...

front page of the Daily Break section of the Virginia Pilot (newspaper for the Hampton Roads, Virginia area and points north, south and west), home delivery printed edition, Saturday August 21st, upper right hand corner, a 3 inch long rectangle shot of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant goofing for a photo shoot, Page/Plant era. This is used as a advertisment at a local mall for a rock and roll art show

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/07/rock-roll-art-show

Ummmm... Disney channel?

Excuse me for being 13, but I still watch a couple shows on Disney channel. :blush:

-So, anywhom, I was reading some Stephen King book the other day and looked up at the TV for a moment, and this commercial came on, and one of the kids on one of the shows was wearing a Led Zeppelin United States 77' tour t-shirt.

(Run-on sentence FTW)

-I don't remember exactly what it said, but some one said something like, "I can burp Stairway to Heaven all the way through" (lovely), and then someone else said, "But that's a 10 minute song!" On this same show, the doors seemed to be labeled with the Led Zeppelin font. Or whatever you'd call it.

I was watching the black comedy series 'Dead Like Me', which involves people (who are dead but look living) who takes the souls of those who are about to die. They have to do it before the actual death occurs so as to spare the soul the trauma of dying, and so much of the show involves figuring out who the target is and finding them without much info to go on. One girl is assigned to 'reap' the soul of a rock star, but it's difficult getting close to him due to the security.

It all happens during a concert taping, and the tune he's singing is 'In My Time of Dying.'

The episode is 'Rites of Passage', from the second season. It's a quirky entertaining show.

Ummmm... Disney channel?

Excuse me for being 13, but I still watch a couple shows on Disney channel. :blush:

-So, anywhom, I was reading some Stephen King book the other day and looked up at the TV for a moment, and this commercial came on, and one of the kids on one of the shows was wearing a Led Zeppelin United States 77' tour t-shirt.

(Run-on sentence FTW)

-I don't remember exactly what it said, but some one said something like, "I can burp Stairway to Heaven all the way through" (lovely), and then someone else said, "But that's a 10 minute song!" On this same show, the doors seemed to be labeled with the Led Zeppelin font. Or whatever you'd call it.

Its really nice to see that the music of Led Zep is reaching out and touching the hearts of the younger generations! :D

i find led zeppelin in RELATING place every time i hear " going to california " because in the lyrics "mountains and canyons start to tremble and shake"

are related to me cause this lyrical content was based apon the san fernando earthquke that happened back in 1971 and i remember it quite well since i live in san fernando all my life. the story goes that jimmy page was living in malibu at that time ,and them canyons shooke good but our house nearly came off it foundation. so i find that song very personal to me.mike.

Anyone a member of Gilt Groupe (online shopping site)? Normally it's just clothes and every once in a while they have some stuff for the home. Today there was a Zeppelin Contact Sheet by Richard Aaron for sale. It sold out in less than 10 minutes! By the time I stumbled upon it, it was already gone!