Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I searched the Auckland Uni library for Led Zeppelin (I seem to do it at every library I go to) and there's quite a few there kiwi, I also have quite a few if you want to borrow anything. Considering you live just down in Cook St and all!

You blokes have got to grow a sense of humour.

There was no malice involved, just a joke about a book being in a library!?

I can't find the part (in my OP), where I intended to hurt your feelings or ridicule you.

Cheers.

And enjoy the book!

Actually Kiwi and I are both women not blokes! :huh: Anyway the sentiment was a nice thought. :)

I searched the Auckland Uni library for Led Zeppelin (I seem to do it at every library I go to) and there's quite a few there kiwi, I also have quite a few if you want to borrow anything. Considering you live just down in Cook St and all!

Wow, Auckland Uni must have a big Zeppelin fan who is charge of buying books for the library, or maybe you have a music department that teaches classic rock, that woud be pretty cool! B) There aren't any decent music books in my university library, despite us having a big music department. The library's latest musical addition is a DVD of the Corrs live! :blink:

Yeah...there is even a book on Zeppelin press releases! I wonder whether one of the librarians is a fan? In fact, I could have sworn that the lady who issued the Mick Wall book for me gave me a small smile as if she understood that I was a Zep Head! LOL! not sure! ;) And since the University of Otago has its catalogue on line, I checked (yeah! I'm crazy! :lol:) and they don't stock "When Giants Walked The Earth"...there are other Zeppelin books there of course, but UoA tops in this regard! B) And the weird part is that the Music Library looks rather old, small and dusty but what a lot of cool books they stock! Appearances can be so deceptive! :D Its my favourite place to be in the City Campus at the moment! I think you know why! :lol: There is (I'm sure you know this), a listening room for CDs and stuff and yep! They do have "Led Zep IV" and "Physical Graffiti". I am just so tempted to skip class one day and go to the Music Library and just kick back, relax and listen! LOL! I am so evil! :lol: And thank you so much for your awesome gesture! You rock man! Thank you! I might consider it! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Wow, Auckland Uni must have a big Zeppelin fan who is charge of buying books for the library, or maybe you have a music department that teaches classic rock, that woud be pretty cool! B) There aren't any decent music books in my university library, despite us having a big music department. The library's latest musical addition is a DVD of the Corrs live! :blink:

Why The Corrs? Why not something by Zep or Hendrix or other awesome stuff?! :blink: And I truly wish I was doing a degree in Classic Rock and not Economics! LOL! :lol: But my parents will kill me! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Watching "Scooby Doo The Movie" dvd (the one with Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Geller) with my daughter tonight for the hundredth time and noticed the guy talking to Velma in the bar is wearing a Led Zeppelin baseball shirt :lol:

So more from Disney, apparently.

It was a preview for an episode of The Suite Life on Deck or something or other and there was someone wearing this shirt-

http://ledzeppelin.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=733_3657&pc=BGCTLZ34

I screamed at the TV. It seems as Disney is trying to be "hardcore," and though I DO appreciate the effort, they're failing. A lot. I mean, it'd be ok if the majority of those who actually watched the shows even knew what Led Zeppelin was. Just the other day I heard the Jonas Brothers singing about real musicians with actual talent. Like those screaming girls even know who David Lee Roth even is. :slapface:

This isn't exactly what I've seen but...

This summer I was at the library sitting in a big comfy chair in a reading room and my cell phone went off....my ringtone is Kashmir. I had no time to find it and turn it off and just sat there while everyone looked around for the culprit. Then this school teacher looking woman got up and started questioning people...OMG I thought I was going to be sent to the principle's office.

I heard her asking someone if it was their phone. Finally I sort of looked at her like....yeah it was mine :bagoverhead: so she came over and to my delight she asked " What was that song, I'm collecting some songs and I really like that?"

:banana: So...very relieved I wasn't going to be scolded, I told her and she wrote it down. Hope she is in Kashmir heaven now. :)

I've been seeing this commercial for one of those phones that does everything but clean you backside. I think it might be AT&T for the new Blackberry. Anyway, it has the senario of "Finding Moby Dick". Shows all this seafaring shots of whales thrusting themselves out of the ocean. Everytime I see that commercial, I think it would of been cool to show a shot on the phone's screen of John Bonham doing his version of Moby Dick. That would have been cool, but only have appealed to us LZ fans and lost to those who are not in the know.

Edited by ledzepfvr

There's a BBC programme which goes out in the morning on weekdays called 'Homes Under The Hammer'. It is a programme in which experts uncover the tricks of the property auction trade. Last week, when the two presenters were going round one of the houses bought at auction, 'Houses of the Holy' from Physical Graffiti was playing throughout as the background music.

There's a BBC programme which goes out in the morning on weekdays called 'Homes Under The Hammer'. It is a programme in which experts uncover the tricks of the property auction trade. Last week, when the two presenters were going round one of the houses bought at auction, 'Houses of the Holy' from Physical Graffiti was playing throughout as the background music.

I've seen Stairway to Heaven being played in the background on that programme as well, someone on the production team must really like Zeppelin! B) Not that I sit around watching daytime TV. :D It was on a big TV in the Students Union at the university where I work. I remember the song catching my attention on my way to the Post Office and it put smile on my face to hear it. :)

I've noticed that the BBC uses lots of Zep tunes in the advertisements for its programmes. Recently they used to Misty Mountain Hop for Lark Rise to Candleford and Battle of Evermore for a history programme about the Normans.

I've been seeing this commercial for one of those phones that does everything but clean you backside. I think it might be AT&T for the new Blackberry. Anyway, it has the senario of "Finding Moby Dick". Shows all this seafaring shots of whales thrusting themselves out of the ocean. Everytime I see that commercial, I think it would of been cool to show a shot on the phone's screen of John Bonham doing his version of Moby Dick. That would have been cool, but only have appealed to us LZ fans and lost to those who are not in the know.

:lol: Absolutely! :yesnod:

This isn't exactly what I've seen but...

This summer I was at the library sitting in a big comfy chair in a reading room and my cell phone went off....my ringtone is Kashmir. I had no time to find it and turn it off and just sat there while everyone looked around for the culprit. Then this school teacher looking woman got up and started questioning people...OMG I thought I was going to be sent to the principle's office.

I heard her asking someone if it was their phone. Finally I sort of looked at her like....yeah it was mine :bagoverhead: so she came over and to my delight she asked " What was that song, I'm collecting some songs and I really like that?"

:banana: So...very relieved I wasn't going to be scolded, I told her and she wrote it down. Hope she is in Kashmir heaven now. :)

Wow!! no offense (to you oir your teacher) but what rock has she been under for the last 35 years? seriously, she didn't know what song it was? i could understand if it was like Bron-Y-Aur or something...but Kashmir? ((lmao))