Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I one of Harry Potter books Harry "feels dazed and confused" (I think it was Harry, not Ron...).

In the children's Lazy Town show the hero and savior named Spartakus lives is a dirigible right above the little town. It is a fun show.

Edited by Vega

Slightly :offtopic: but not too far I hope:

I like to play a private game when I'm at work. I try to work in a reference to Zeppelin without anyone realising (to be honest, none of the people I work with are Zep fans, so they probably wouldn't have a clue anyway, but it amuses me and makes the day slightly more interesting).

For example, the other day I was discussing a conversation that a colleague had had with a customer when they weren't sure if the customer was upset or not, and I managed to say "... 'cos you know - sometimes words have two meanings".

"There's been a communication breakdown here ... " is also an easy one to slip into conversation.

I've never found the right time to incorporate "squeeze my lemon" yet, though ... ! :whistling:

Edited by Lilith

I've never found the right time to incorporate "squeeze my lemon" yet, though ... ! :whistling:

You'll have to work on that one I suppose. Be creative if you will. Somehow, you'll find a way...I have faith.

Also, I saw an episode of Miami Vice a while back and Robert's Ship of Fools was used during the show.

I was also going through some old VHS tapes and I taped something on Fox and there was a promo for Melrose Place. The music was Jimmy's Liquid Mercury.

Listen closely to the latest commercial for Denny's restaurants.....

I just saw it, I say we sue! :P

I also saw the "Zeppelin Rulesss! reference on the simpsons.

ABC's new show "Life On Mars" might have some zeppelin reference, since it's supposed to take place in 1973.

I one of Harry Potter books Harry "feels dazed and confused" (I think it was Harry, not Ron...).

In the children's Lazy Town show the hero and savior named Spartakus lives is a dirigible right above the little town. It is a fun show.

Also, Sirius Black = Black Dog. And is it pure coincidence that Harry is a wizard with unruly black hair and green eyes, kind of like Mr. Jimmy Page?

Seems to me JK Rowling just may be a Zeppelin fan!

]I recently put some downlighters in my living room ceiling and wanted something different instead of just straight lines. And this is what I came up with. No one knows what it is until I explain, needless to say they all think that I'm nuts!! So I have attached 2 pics, 1 without the lines so you can see how it is and another 1 with lines drawn on so you can make it out.

Hope you like and I hope the pics come up, i never seem to have much luck with imageshack, keep getting messages abour %7Boption%7D!!!

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10021031ex8.jpg

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zeplightsoj8.jpg

]I recently put some downlighters in my living room ceiling and wanted something different instead of just straight lines. And this is what I came up with. No one knows what it is until I explain, needless to say they all think that I'm nuts!! So I have attached 2 pics, 1 without the lines so you can see how it is and another 1 with lines drawn on so you can make it out.

Hope you like and I hope the pics come up, i never seem to have much luck with imageshack, keep getting messages abour %7Boption%7D!!!

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10021031ex8.jpg

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zeplightsoj8.jpg

Pretty cool! I like the stain glass window as well.

On one of my local country music stations. No kidding. A Canadian country band has done a cover of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and the marching Kashmir riff is clearly in it with the fiddles/violins. My Mom thought I was nuts when I exclaimed, "Kashmir!" in the middle of the restaurant we were eating in. :P

ETA: Found it. Emerson Drive is the name of the band. :)

Edited by 70sPercy'sPet

I was watching the BBC's Autumn Watch last night and in a piece about male deer calling during their rut. To show how some deer had better calls than others he used a cheap and expensive guitar. He wasn't a very good guitarist but tI'm 95% sure that piece he played was STH.

Anybody else see it?

a while back i was driving and noticed the car in front had the number plate JP. and yesterday, i was following one with ZEP.... hmmmm i want that plate!!

Funny you should say that.

There was a bloke driving around my hometown with the plate ZEPIII and other Zep stickers on his rear window a few years ago.

He visited my next door neighbour regularly at the time and it was interesting when my front door was open and we were both playing Zep (hardly ever the same song) at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
So does 'That 70's Show'. For one season, each episode had the name of a Zepppelin song.

The entire 5th Season is named after a Zeppelin song, not to mention "Hyde" in the show is a huge Zeppelin fan and there are hundreds of Zeppelin references, I've seem to caught them all, even as far as, a jewlrey shop in the show is called "All That Glitters" I had a good laugh over it. That character also wears a lot of Zeppelin shirts which is always fun to see and there is one episode where two characters go to a Zeppelin concert.