Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

I dunno.. kinda lame

They are selling shirts with Led Zeppelin's logo

https://www.redbubble.com/people/foodonyourshirt/works/24811894-bread-zeppelin

If it is truly inspired by the owner of that small business being a big enough Zep fan that he bases his own business off it, and sells the shirts to promote his business, I'm ok with it. It's a big gamble. More power to him.

It 99% of the time would be lame. In this instance, I don't see it as lame.

15 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Seems a little weird and odd.  Food does look healthy and good though.

They should probably sell Carouselambra Salad w/ Kashmir dressing

Wanton Soup w/ 4 Breadsticks special.

That's gold. You should email them and suggest it.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, SymphonyX said:

Seems a little weird and odd.  Food does look healthy and good though.

They should probably sell Carouselambra Salad w/ Kashmir dressing

Wanton Soup w/ 4 Breadsticks special.

Good Thyme Bad Thyme herbal tea

Dazed & infused olive oil

Lemon (song) chicken

Whole Lotta Dove

Since I've Been Loving Stew

Black Eggnog

Tea for One

I could do these all day :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Strange one.....Watching the episodes of "America in Color" on the Smithsonian channel.  During the episode about the 40's, you can hear an acoustic guitar playing in the background.  Took me awhile, but it's actually a version of "White Summer", and not by Jimmy Page.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a weird one (again).....

Have you ever noticed that weed whips and leaf blowers are tuned to the same key and eventual note as the beginning drone of "In the Light" ?  

(I hear ya'.....time to put down the weed for awhile Bong-Man !)  

Anyone else seen this film...from 1949.....starring John Wayne and Oliver Hardy !! 

It's a while since I saw it but from memory quite early on in the film there is a scene where in the background soldiers are sitting gathered around a woman playing acoustic  and she is singing Gallows Pole.  (though I think she sang 'Gallows Tree'  as opposed to 'Pole'.

The_Fighting_Kentuckian_1326695822_1949.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Strider said:

Kind of bizarre...

Huh??🤤

At 28 Pagey was lighting up stages all over the US and banging groupies left and right, hardly a crisis in his life. WTF is she on about? 

Maybe she read somewhere that Page had felt at at a dead end with his session work in the mid 60s but that's hardly a crisis. I dunno....this whole bit is just weird. Midlife ain't 28! 

Edited by porgie66

10 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Huh??🤤

At 28 Pagey was lighting up stages all over the US and banging groupies left and right, hardly a crisis in his life. WTF is she on about? 

Maybe she read somewhere that Page had felt at at a dead end with his session work in the mid 60s but that's hardly a crisis. I dunno....this whole bit is just weird. Midlife ain't 28! 

Actually, it kind of is when you are a professional tennis player.

But yeah, she is way off on her dates regarding Jimmy. Is she talking about when Bonzo died and Jimmy stopped playing? He would have been around 36 at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

One place in particular which I've never been able to track down again, was seeing a documentary back in about 1980 about the sixties/seventies, and it had a section about the Vietnam war. The scene had black and white footage of superfortess bombers dropping a massive endless load of bombs. The accompanying music was the abstract middle section of Whole Lotta Love which went perfectly with the footage. Then theres that high pitch noise and Robert Plant screams out that almighty 'Looooooove!'. At that moment it wasn't the orgasmic howl that we normally think of, it was a scream of desperation....screaming 'Love!' at this scene of horror! 

I was watching with a group of friends and we just sat there with our mouths open. In that one little scene using that part of WLL  it had more power than all the protest songs put together!'

there is a small local chain of pizza restaurants around my area.. while it doesn't mention this on the website.. in the restaurants the menus state the the president of the company/owner..being a big music fan.. named the restaurants after his all time favorite band.

www.zeppes.com

Edited by nameloc01

• 4 weeks later...