Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I have been working in a department store over Christmas and as I served a woman at the tills, I noticed that she had JPJ's symbol on her wrist. So, eager to acknowledge a fellow fan, I said "you're a Zep fan then?" she looked at me really puzzled and said "sorry??" "The symbol on your wrist..." I pointed out. She replied "Oh no, I am a big fan of the tv show Charmed. It's from there." Then I was all bamboozled as I didn't know what she was on about! I googled it.. and here's a picture, symbol included :blink:

charmed-show.jpg

Edit to add: typical.. the first time I don't fully check a thread in case someone else has posted what I am about to post! Sorry, just seen that reids has already mentioned about Charmed :P

Edited by MissHoneydripper

When Major League Baseball players come up to bat they have music playing that they usually have personally selected if they're at home. When Mike Piazza played for the Mets he'd on occassion have "The Rover" play and Chase Utley of the Phillies always has "Kashmir" played.

Does anyone know of other MLB players who use Zeppelin in this manner?

Yeah...Rob Mackowiak, when he played for the Pittsburgh Pirates, always had the opening riff to Heartbreaker as his music when he came up to bat

I was flipping channels last night on tv and Stars on Ice was on NBC. I waited a second because the music they were playing sounded familiar....sure enough....I'm Gonna Crawl was the music that this male skater was skating too! They played the whole song and the guy did a good routine to the grand music of Led Zeppelin!

That's pretty damn cool.........wish I had seen that!!!!

A few days ago one of our patients' relatives (probably her son) looked so much like Jimmy I swear I stared a hole in poor guy. I had to use some self-restraint to avoid making him feel uncomfortable. Then again, I couldn't have been the 1st one to notice that :blink:

I used to date a guy that looked kinda like Jimmy... :blush:

Just saw that movie yesterday. Took my 6 yr old boy. When Adam Sandler said, "please tell me Led Zeppelin was there," he looked up at me with a huge smile!!! He likes to bring up the names, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page during conversation too. Very funny!!! :P

:D You've taught your child well...

Always best to start them in the right direction. It's never too early.

Exactly!! I did the same with my little cuz - I've got video of him screaming to Immigrant Song when he was about 2 :D

You ever heard a 2-yr-old try to say "Led Zeppelin"? It's cute...

I was flipping channels last night on tv and Stars on Ice was on NBC. I waited a second because the music they were playing sounded familiar....sure enough....I'm Gonna Crawl was the music that this male skater was skating too! They played the whole song and the guy did a good routine to the grand music of Led Zeppelin!

Wow, that is a unique song for skaters! Was it Zeppelin or an instrumental/orchestral version?

I watched a movie last night called "Black Dog" starring Patrick Swayze on AMC. Towards the end of the movie one of the characters says (something like this), "But they have forgotten about the black dog." (Referring to an actual dog in the trailer) Then some other guys says," What, you mean the Led Zeppelin song?"

The movie was pretty bad, but better than the SHAM WOW!! or Extenze Pills infomercials on in the middle of the night.

I cracked up when Matt Damon started the "Let the sun beat down upon my face..." and NOBODY else in my family got it!!

I swear I'm adopted... <_<

It's annyoying, when someone so close to you, just doesn't get it. My husband makes fun of me. I consider myself a born-again Zeppelin fan. Always said they were my all time favorite, but really started spending time getting into them again when 02 was announced. I like to tease my husband who is 10 yrs. younger than me about having a crush on Robert Plant. I think he's jealous and refuses to say that he likes Zep (I know he does). He says I'm going through my mid-life crisis. What a way to go!!!!!!!! :yay:

This is the old "Swingo's" hotel in Cleveland. The story goes: Led Zeppelin threw food out this window and blamed it on Elton John.

This is the hotel in the movie "Almost Famous" where they stay in Cleveland.100_1738.jpg

Edited by Zeppland

This is the old "Swingo's" hotel in Cleveland. The story goes: Led Zeppelin threw food out this window and blamed it on Elton John.

This is the hotel in the movie "Almost Famous" where they stay in Cleveland.100_1738.jpg

It probably was Elton John! I read somewhere that he suffered from bulemia.........so that could mean he was actually "throwing up" food out the window!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Bologna, ham mystery meat...all the same shit. You're probably right. I wasn't in the best frame of mind during my incident. Thank goodness it was only a few days.

Yes, lucky for you, cuz if you were in much longer you'd have gotten the real mystery meat, if you know what I mean.

When Major League Baseball players come up to bat they have music playing that they usually have personally selected if they're at home. When Mike Piazza played for the Mets he'd on occassion have "The Rover" play and Chase Utley of the Phillies always has "Kashmir" played.

Does anyone know of other MLB players who use Zeppelin in this manner?

Hmm.. I'm a Met fan and I always heard Sweet Child O' Mine or Welcome to the Jungle when Piazza was up to the plate. (Since he was such a big Guns N' Roses fan)

He must have changed it some days though.

I know David Wright requested Whole Lotta Love for his at bats.

Edited by Oswaldo