Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

A couple of years ago our usual crew was attending the Iowa State Fair (family & friends) as we were walking through the outdoor stage area my friend said, "Is that GTBT being played on the PA?" I said "nah its a bango, no one's singing, that sure as hell isn't Jimmy". We got closer and it was Zeppelin's music being covered. We asked the sound guy what he was palying it was The Pickin On Zeppelin disc. God please don't tell me someone's heard it on an elevator?

One of their interns lost a TV game show because he incorrectly answer the question "This Jimmy is the greatest rock guitarist in the world", and he answered "Who is Jimmy Page?" when they wanted "Who is Jimi Hendrix". He was absolutely amazed that no one knew who Jimmy Page was.

Another one: Bones, as a writer, was offered tickets to a Zeppelin concert by her publisher, but she turned them down because "she doesn't like air shows". The other characters went ballistic because she turned them down and didn't know who Led Zeppelin was.

There was a Zeppelin reference on the TV show Bones the other night. Some stalker that they used to spy on someone else talked about a girl who was wearing a fake Led Zeppelin shirt because it was Jimmy with a Danelectro instead of a Les Paul.

One of their interns lost a TV game show because he incorrectly answer the question "This Jimmy is the greatest rock guitarist in the world", and he answered "Who is Jimmy Page?" when they wanted "Who is Jimi Hendrix". He was absolutely amazed that no one knew who Jimmy Page was.

Another one: Bones, as a writer, was offered tickets to a Zeppelin concert by her publisher, but she turned them down because "she doesn't like air shows". The other characters went ballistic because she turned them down and didn't know who Led Zeppelin was.

i know it's only a tv episode, but .... shouldn't they at least have asked who WAS the greatest guitarist ever ...... seeing hendrix is not with us anymore .....

• 2 weeks later...

A great surprise hit me when I was downloading the Star Wars deleted scenes:

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/index.php

That's quite odd with all the band's symbols. Includes the one for Atlantic Records. Not sure how this site gets away with this, since these are copyrighted. Even stranger is what are they doing on a Star Wars fan site?

I don't know.

But:

I was in gym class today when Hey, Hey, What Can I Do comes on the Ipod while doing an activity. Of course, the other kids like shitty pop music so the teacher shuts it off before the drums come in and puts on another shitty pop song. Shameful what this generation has done.

Edited by ledzepfilm

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know.

But:

I was in gym class today when Hey, Hey, What Can I Do comes on the Ipod while doing an activity. Of course, the other kids like shitty pop music so the teacher shuts it off before the drums come in and puts on another shitty pop song. Shameful what this generation has done.

Breaking news: Pop music ("shitty" and otherwise) has been around for a very long time and wasn't just invented.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest CadillacOfRock

"Once Upon A Time, from ABC, showed an episode called “Desperate Souls” on Sunday January 8th 2012.

The show is loosly based on the Grimm's Fairy Tale, Rumplestiltskin.

"Desparte Souls" portrays Rumplestiltskin stealing a dagger, engraved with the name "ZoSo", from “the dark one” :wizard:

According to

http://www.sportymee...n-a-time-recap/

After stealing the dagger, Stiltskin sends Baelfire home, and summons Zoso, and then kills him. But, after he does, Zoso turns into the old beggar, who says his life was so cursed, now it’s his curse – magic always comes with a price. As soon as Zoso dies, Stiltskin pulls the knife back out, that now has his own name on it.

Note:

I googled for Grimm's Fairy Tale,"Rumplestiltskin" and found no mention of a dagger with "ZoSo" printed on it

post-13754-0-75209400-1326131343.jpg

Edited by CadillacOfRock

I was at a client's office in a room full of various workers in cubicles. Someone was on speaker phone and got put on hold and the hold music was Black Dog. Everyone in the room murmured in appreciation, and an IT guy said he hoped the company had permission to use Zep music.