Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I just saw a Dior Homme fragrance commercial last night...Whole Lotta Love was playing in the background. Very random!

Dangit...I can't figure out how to put the youtube link up. It's been such a long time since I've been on here! LOL

Simply posting the link should work. :)

on the TV series Supernatural some episodes were named after Led Zeppelin songs like "in my time of dying" and "what is and what should never be" and one of the characters is a big fan of Zeppelin and constantly saying "Led Zeppelin rulez"!

in one episode this character and his brother pretended to be detectives called Page and Plant...

I noticed that this show, "Supernatural" has been mentioned in this thread already three or four times, so I apologize for the overlap.

However, I happened across an episode guide to the show "Supernatural" when I was looking for historic references to the string "The Song Remains the Same" which I'd heard an announcer mention about a poker player's luck remaining bad, he said something like 'poor Charlie, for him it seems the song remains the same, he's just had no luck' or something to that effect. There may be other things that I missed in that episode guide since I can't say that I know everything that Plant or Jones has done post LZ, but if anyone's interested to see if there are some blanks to fill in, the guide is at http://www.tv.com/shows/supernatural/episodes/

It's pretty interesting to give it a once over if you have a couple of minutes since there are other bands' songs, movie titles, pop-culture related things named as episodes in that show that most LZ fans will recognize.

20060928 Season 2 Episode 1 -- In My Time of Dying (First episode of season 2)

20070201 Season 2 Episode 13 -- Houses of the Holy (Last episode of season 2)

20070503 Season 2 Episode 20 -- What Is and What Should Never Be

20090507 Season 4 Episode 21 -- When The Levee Breaks

20090514 Season 4 Episode 22 -- Lucifer Rising (Last episode of season 4)

20100204 Season 5 Episode 13 -- The Song Remains the Same

20100422 Season 5 Episode 19 -- Hammer of The Gods

20100513 Season 5 Episode 22 -- Swan Song (Last episode of season 5)

The show continues to this day, it is in its' ninth season, but I did not notice any more LZ related stuff since season five.

I love this thread!

Led Zeppelin - Лестница В Небо

I recognize the title as being Russian but I am curious about the context of this performance. Does anyone know if these children are going to be playing this during the Winter Olympics this year or was it some sort of talent show, or was it...?

Very neat viewing! Thank you for putting it up here Sam.

I just saw a Dior Homme fragrance commercial last night...Whole Lotta Love was playing in the background. Very random!

Dangit...I can't figure out how to put the youtube link up. It's been such a long time since I've been on here! LOL

Rainsong, I had the same problem when I first came back. There is a button in the left hand corner (BBCode Mode) that you must click on when commenting on someone's post or adding a link. Click once more for adding emoticons and such.

This is a follow-up question to something posted here awhile back: On the tv show "Supernatural," Led Zeppelin has been referenced frequently in episode titles ("Houses of the Holy," "In My Time of Dying," "What is and What Should Never Be" and more) and the character of Dean Winchester occasionally says "Led Zeppelin rules!" Yet, they never play Zep songs. I'm watching the show on DVDs and have now made it halfway through the 6th season, plus I have seen some more recent episodes, and I haven't heard a Zep song yet, despite the fact they occasionally play classic rock songs in the soundtrack. They made great use of Styx's "Renegade" in an episode in which they were pursued by the FBI, and have also played Kansas, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bon Jovi on the show, sometimes as music Dean plays in his car. It's part of Dean's persona, his interest in classic rock and classic cars. I'm beginning to think there must be some type of copyright issue going on, but what could it be? It can't be money because the show has to pay money to play all those other classic rock tunes. I now believe that someone in Zep must have objected for some personal reason. Perhaps Page was afraid of having Zep tunes featured on a show that deals heavily with the occult; maybe he's strenuously trying to get rid of the occult associations to Zeppelin? What do you think or know?

• 2 months later...

Led Zeppelin was the final question on Jeopardy last night. The category was Album Covers and the answer was (paraphrasing) "This cover depicts the Hindenburg incident on their eponymous debut album". And Alex Trebek made sure he came off as cool and hep when he prefaced the contestants' answers by saying "this is one of those throwaway finals that everyone will get right" and then correcting one of the contestants on her mispelling, haaa.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a follow-up question to something posted here awhile back: On the tv show "Supernatural," Led Zeppelin has been referenced frequently in episode titles ("Houses of the Holy," "In My Time of Dying," "What is and What Should Never Be" and more) and the character of Dean Winchester occasionally says "Led Zeppelin rules!" Yet, they never play Zep songs. I'm watching the show on DVDs and have now made it halfway through the 6th season, plus I have seen some more recent episodes, and I haven't heard a Zep song yet, despite the fact they occasionally play classic rock songs in the soundtrack. They made great use of Styx's "Renegade" in an episode in which they were pursued by the FBI, and have also played Kansas, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bon Jovi on the show, sometimes as music Dean plays in his car. It's part of Dean's persona, his interest in classic rock and classic cars. I'm beginning to think there must be some type of copyright issue going on, but what could it be? It can't be money because the show has to pay money to play all those other classic rock tunes. I now believe that someone in Zep must have objected for some personal reason. Perhaps Page was afraid of having Zep tunes featured on a show that deals heavily with the occult; maybe he's strenuously trying to get rid of the occult associations to Zeppelin? What do you think or know?

I don't think Zep has ever allowed songs to be licensed for a TV show. (?)

If they did allow songs to be used in a show, my guess (just my opinion) is that it wouldn't be to that show, more because it's a little cheesy than because it deals with occult. I like the show and saw several seasons but it is a bit corny and it's hard to tell if it will hold up over time. Also, if they were to release songs to TV shows, the price might be too expensive for a typical TV show music budget.

If Jimmy were trying to play down his interest in the occult, he probably wouldn't have released the Lucifer Rising sound track on his web site fairly recently.

Our little town has a small fair every second Sunday.Two little old ladies had a stall with jams,cakes etc.Standing out like dogs you know what,was a mint vinyl copy of zep 1 plum label.How much?A dollar,love!She said 'do you like music,I have a lot of Being Crosby.That ones all that noisy stuff'Thanks dear.

I don't think Zep has ever allowed songs to be licensed for a TV show. (?)

If they did allow songs to be used in a show, my guess (just my opinion) is that it wouldn't be to that show, more because it's a little cheesy than because it deals with occult. I like the show and saw several seasons but it is a bit corny and it's hard to tell if it will hold up over time. Also, if they were to release songs to TV shows, the price might be too expensive for a typical TV show music budget.

If Jimmy were trying to play down his interest in the occult, he probably wouldn't have released the Lucifer Rising sound track on his web site fairly recently.

Good point about Lucifer Rising. As for Supernatural, I later found out the price tag was $500,000 for Zeppelin; out of their price range I'm sure. As for the show, it's distinctly less cheesy than...oh, a hundred other tv shows I could mention...

Our little town has a small fair every second Sunday.Two little old ladies had a stall with jams,cakes etc.Standing out like dogs you know what,was a mint vinyl copy of zep 1 plum label.How much?A dollar,love!She said 'do you like music,I have a lot of Being Crosby.That ones all that noisy stuff'Thanks dear.

Amusing. I wonder where she got it?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing the game Skyrim for a year,but I never read the note in one of the motels.

To cut the story short, the owner woman sleeps arond and there is a note from one of her lovers on the desk.

''Last night was the most wonderful night of my life. The things you showed me... the things we did... I could never have dreamt that it was possible. Who even knew that someone could manipulate their body in that manner while wearing Daedric armor boots? You are a true master of the Dibellan Arts, my love... a credit to your religion. Perhaps we'll meet again soon but next time, allow me to bring the trout.''

Probably a referance to the famous Red Snapper incident in Seattle.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one from a cigar bidding site. I am not posting a link since it will probably disappear when the auction ends tonight at around midnight. Perhaps the neatest thing is that it, "ranked 24th in Cigar Aficiando's Top 25 Cigars of the Year list" with a score of 91!

Cigar Size: 5.0" x 48

Headley Grange by Crowned Heads is a 91-rated cigar with a melodious composition. Crafted to resemble the methodical drumbeat of 'When the Levee Breaks,' this uniquely inspired blend hits all the right notes. The smooth Ecuador Sumatra wrapper embraces a bold blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers for a medium to full-bodied experience. Treat taste buds to a buttery smooth and nutty sweetness fused with notes of coffee, nutmeg and leather. With a cigar this good, it's no wonder Headley Grange ranked 24th in Cigar Aficiando's Top 25 Cigars of the Year list.

post-1063-0-20607100-1404138426_thumb.pn

Edited by Daniel

My favourite table at my local bar/diner in Suwanee, Georgia

That is an amazing looking table. Is the place as nice to hang out as their taste in tables is exquisite? If so, must be a great place to hang out!

It would be wonderful to have a picture of the entire table, without the condiments, to add to my Led Zeppelin photo collection! If you should happen to remember and feel like taking on a photo request, I would certainly appreciate a full view of that table! It's a busy world so no harm done if you don't have time! Thanks for posting and thanks in advance if you should decide to post another!