Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's a quote from The Simpsons:

Homer: "I'm not looking for glory or wealth. I'm just buying that stairway to heaven Jesus sang of."

Ned: "That was Led Zeppelin!"

Homer: "Get back to your bong, hippy!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was driving in my car the other day playing LZ II really rather loudly with the windows rolled down because it was warm and sunny. I drove past this guy with his wife (or girlfriend), walking hand in hand down the road. He was wearing an LZ II album cover T-shirt, which I just found really amusing and coincidental, considering I live in quite a small place and I was playing that exact album at the time.

Anyway, it was only a split second of time as obviously I was driving right past him, but he recognised the music I was playing and we both sort of clocked each other, made eye contact...he pointed at his T-shirt...I pointed at his T-shirt...then we both gave each other a thumbs up as I rode on past.

It was an awesome moment!!

I was driving in my car the other day playing LZ II really rather loudly with the windows rolled down because it was warm and sunny. I drove past this guy with his wife (or girlfriend), walking hand in hand down the road. He was wearing an LZ II album cover T-shirt, which I just found really amusing and coincidental, considering I live in quite a small place and I was playing that exact album at the time.

Anyway, it was only a split second of time as obviously I was driving right past him, but he recognised the music I was playing and we both sort of clocked each other, made eye contact...he pointed at his T-shirt...I pointed at his T-shirt...then we both gave each other a thumbs up as I rode on past.

An awesome moment indeed, BecZep

That sounded awesome. Things like that only really happen in movies, and not in real life.

• 1 month later...

Foam finger rubbing, teddy bear licking and wrecking ball riding aside....it's not a bad cover...could have been worse :P

I hope your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek Glyn! Awful sound levels/quality, awful voice, she didn't even get the title of the song right! It's 'Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You', not Baby!

Quote ..( from a rather obscure source) :

"Into the dream you came

And across the soft carpet of my reverie you walked

With Hobnail Boots. "

Not much to add. Totally execrable. Beyond bad.

Also really shocking that with so much money and creative talent to back up MC, no one could come up with something less brutal and less of a total abuse of what went before..

Nothing more appropriate than the title of this thread. We are indeed in unrelated places.

Quote ..( from a rather obscure source) :

"Into the dream you came

And across the soft carpet of my reverie you walked

With Hobnail Boots. "

Not much to add. Totally execrable. Beyond bad.

Also really shocking that with so much money and creative talent to back up MC, no one could come up with something less brutal and less of a total abuse of what went before..

Nothing more appropriate than the title of this thread. We are indeed in unrelated places.

:bravo::notworthy:

Sigh.... The end is near folks:

Hear Miley Cyrus' Gritty Cover of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Babe I’m Gonna Leave You’

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6251433/hear-miley-cyrus-cover-led-zeppelin-babe-im-gonna-leave-you

One of the worst things I have ever heard. I had to turn it off after a minute or two.

Sigh.... The end is near folks:

Hear Miley Cyrus' Gritty Cover of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Babe I’m Gonna Leave You’

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6251433/hear-miley-cyrus-cover-led-zeppelin-babe-im-gonna-leave-you

To stop her, I think she should attempt 'Wearing and Tearing', and watch as her voice box explodes onstage. :shifty:

This one is sad unfortunately ,,,it's an obit.....but I think it is a very cool one....,.

McKAY, Ian
June 24, 1949 - September 16, 2014
Born in Maryport, England. Attended Sir Charles Tupper Secondary. He was a real Vancouverite of the times, a Kitsilano hippie; he and The Papa Bears opened for Led Zeppelin. He lives on at www.projectbabelart.com. He was either a nice tough guy or tough nice guy, and he took on life and just gave it all he could. Complain, never. Legally blind, but he had vision. An artist, a generous and funny man. Acknowledgement and thanks to the nurses, care workers, support staff, social workers, doctors and volunteers who cared for him since his stroke. It has been said that the death of someone can leave the world a poorer place. Not in Ian's case; his spirit prevails.