Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ABout 20 years ago I worked in a shoe store and they played elevator music in the store. Why? Because we all love to shop while listening to elevator music. Well this music company played really borning instrumental versions of songs. Really bad cheap versions. Anyway, everyonce in a while you would hear an LZ song. I wish I could remember the song. It was SO out of place with the rest of the music that was played.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest episode (Season 9, Episode 52) of "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel had a pretty interesting bit on the Starship One. The pawnee [sic] brought in a picture of the Starship One when it was Led Zeppelin's Starship One along with some official Starship One matches, that were apparently kept in the on-board amenities stock. The pawnee had a dozen small boxes of the strike-on-the-box matches that had names of the different rock bands that flew aboard the plane, printed on them, including of course, a box of Led Zeppelin matches. Turns out the matches were verified as real and valued at $2,400.00 USD, the pawnee was paid $700.00 USD by the pawnbroker for the collection.

The latest episode (Season 9, Episode 52) of "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel had a pretty interesting bit on the Starship One. The pawnee [sic] brought in a picture of the Starship One when it was Led Zeppelin's Starship One along with some official Starship One matches, that were apparently kept in the on-board amenities stock. The pawnee had a dozen small boxes of the strike-on-the-box matches that had names of the different rock bands that flew aboard the plane, printed on them, including of course, a box of Led Zeppelin matches. Turns out the matches were verified as real and valued at $2,400.00 USD, the pawnee was paid $700.00 USD by the pawnbroker for the collection.

haha yea I saw that, Chumlee ripped that guy off lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Another one from The Simpsons, from the episode where Homer becomes a bass player:

"I feel powerful connection to the history of famous bass players like what's-his-name from The Who or that guy from Led Zeppelin who wasn't Page, Plant or Bonham."

Poor JPJ :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...