Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

I was shopping in everyone's *favorite* store today, Walmart, where it's always the same, when all of a sudden Communication Breakdown started playing on the PA system. (I don't know if I recall Wally ever playing music before because I'm too busy checking the people out) Anyway, what a slick marketing ploy. I started tossing shit in my shopping  cart that wasn't on my list. Thought it was going to drive me to ruin.

Irony of ironies, this Walmart is located in Pelham, a suburb of Birmingham. I saw Plant perform Communication Breakdown at the then Oak Mountain Amphitheater back in the day, less than a mile from where I was shopping. Drive me insane!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching the Japan Figure Skating Championships 2018 yesterday which is not a sport I really have any interest in.....

The skater Shoma Uno was dancing to a Flamenco version of Stairway, which is the first time I have seen a dance interpretation of the song......pretty good.

Just saw the trailer for  The Kid Who Would Be King.  Characters are shown wearing Zeppelin Ts in a couple different scenes.   Would post a link to the trailer I saw but I guess it's not on youtube yet because I can't find it.  There is an official trailer on youtube but it's not the one I saw.

Edited by hummingbird69

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching the movie "Donnie Darko" the other night and saw the Swan Song poster on his ceiling above his bed.

What makes it even more interesting is that is where the "time continuum split" and Donnie's eventual trip to heaven begins, when the engine comes through the roof and poster  and kills him.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I first got into Zepp in about 1987 during jr. high school, I walked with a friend after school one day to a department store that was popular at the time. Something like a Walmart nowadays. My buddy played bass and he was a zep head too so we talked about zeppelin the whole way there. I only had three albums at this point and was anxious to discover the rest of the catalogue. We made it to the store and went over to where they sold the tapes (people call them cassettes now, but back then everyone only called them tapes). I found the column with the Zeppelin and started browsing, reading the song names on the albums I don't have and wondering what those songs sounded like. Would you believe that I found a bootleg right there at that big box store? It was the BBC session bootleg (only about 1 hour or so of music, not the whole show) but it didn't call it that. This was well before they put the BBC Sessions out. It was still a bootleg back then. So I bought it and took it home. This was the first time I heard That's The Way and some other songs too. To this day, I've never again found a zeppeling bootleg in a store like that. It would be like finding one in Walmart. Ain't gonna happen. Zeppelin in unexpected places!

I was listening to my Jethro Tull Pandora station and I heard Zeppelin.  That is somewhat unexpected, but was really odd was that the song played was For Your Life.  Then a few tracks later it played All My Love.  I can't decide which of those 2 songs is more unlike Jethro Tull.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...