Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

Comedian Jeff Foxworthy on the radio today In Atlanta promoting his new tv special, said he finally met Robert Plant recently and said Plant enjoyed his “you might be a redneck” jokes.

R😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the recap of the tennis match between Emma Raducanu and Anhelina Kalinina, written by Simon Briggs of The Telegraph:

"In the first set, Raducanu was far too flat in her groundstrokes, while Kalinina’s ball-strike was decisive in every way: powerful, heavy and accurate. When the ball came off her racket, it made a deep and resonant sound, like John Bonham banging his bass drum."

Not a bad name drop!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2015 at 7:49 AM, Ckwilson73 said:

This is part of an interview a wrestling manager did for Sports Illustrated magazine. His name is Paul Heyman of WWE.

On his favorite non-wrestling moment at Madison Square Garden: "I was a kid and I was a photographer and it's the moment I learned what being a rock star, which is what anyone who performs at MSG is in some way a frustrated rock star because we all want that moment when you're just standing there doing absolutely nothing and the crowd worships you like the God that you intend to be. And because I had a press pass for what was then WWWF. I got a press pass for Led Zeppelin. They came out for their second encore. They had held back Stairway to Heaven all night long. And when Robert Plant would ask the crowd what they wanted to hear ... that was the song people wanted to hear. So they came out for their second encore. And Jimmy Page stepped up, the lights went dark, they hit the spotlight on Page and he just hit the opening couple chords to Stairway to Heaven and the place erupted. Even as I'm telling you this now, I'm covered in goose bumps. It tingled my spine. And the place erupted in an explosion like the Knicks just won the championship. And Jimmy Page just stopped and looked up and had the most s**t-eating grin on his face and he knew he owned them. And for three or four minutes - but it seemed like an hour - they didn't play. They didn't sing. They just soaked in the enormity of the response and just stood there and let it come to them. And then they played the song. And at that moment, I just said to myself, "wow. that's what it's like. that's the moment everyone dreams about. That right there is what you work towards and for."

Woe!  GREAT DISCRIPTION !

VERY NICE MOMENT INDEED  for all sides . THE MIGHTIEST band takes a moment to acknowledge what the fans are sending   & kinda almost  give the confirmation nod to each other that each of them are part of the team  & their still making the correct choices  .likely  NO 1 will ever forget that moment .

Nothing they took for granted obviously,

Its not an ego thing for them , its a humbling thing !

i bet the crowed noticed they were taking note & just  roard even louder making it clear of how much they loved their most favorite  band by far  ! 

Making a point to the band without hesitation, just pure understanding !

id love to been in that crowed , a magical moment indeed!

its hard to put it into words but the mutual feeling came across well id say!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...