Cool poster in 1982 film "Author! Author!"

Wolfman

So I'm watching this 1982 Al Pacino movie called "Author! Author!" last night. His kid has a bunch of cool rock posters in his bedroom. You keep seeing this David Bowie one and right when I'm saying to myself that there should be a Zep one, there it is. This awesome poster I never seen before. It was a live photo and you can distinctly see Robert, JPJ, and Bonzo in it (no Jimmy...I think). I'm guessing from a 1977 show. So anyway, name some other movies or TV you've seen some Zep posters in (other than the 70's Show...that's too easy).

In the movie The Verdict,with Paul Newman there is a point when he is on a school playground

and in the background the name Physical Graffitti is spraypainted on the side of a building.

Always thougt that was cool.

I'm going to have to rent that again.

I remember one of my college books had pics from urban cities. In one photo you could see LED ZEP spray painted on a wall. Always got me excited.

Must be one in "Almost Famous". I would think so.

yes, there is. hbo has been showing "almost famous" lately and i have to watch it every time. i just love this film, and of course the music is just so perfectly placed in each scene. to hear it brings me to tears a bit.

I never post anything (too shy -- I read only) but there's a pretty cool movie called Disturbia with Shia LaBeouf (he's also in Transformers and the new Indiana Jones movie), and he has a Zep poster on his bedroom wall that's shown several times in the movie. I haven't seen it in awhile, but if I remember correctly, it's the Stairway to Heaven poster with the hermit guy holding the lantern.

In the movie "In Name of The Father"....the main character (Daniel-Day Lewis) is in prison for several years. You can see in the early 70's, his prison walls are decorated with rock poster. You can see a Zep poster on one wall. In the later 70's, the rock posters change to punk. :(

Small Soldiers. There is a Zeppelin poster on the wall of Kirsten Dunst's bedroom.

I also remember an episode of Starsky and Hutch where there is a Zeppelin poster on the wall of a young girl's bedroom. Must be '77/'78.

• 11 months later...

In the Robert DeNiro movie "Stanley and Iris" (mid 1980's), DeNiro walks up to a couple of young kids and asks for directions (he cannot read or write) and one of the kids is wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt. Pretty Cool because I am a huge Led Zeppelin and Robert DeNiro fan.

1979's Over the Edge has a Zep poster in the main character's bedroom. The original teenage stoner movie. One of my favorites, I highly recommend it. Matt Dillon's first film.

I read somewhere that Matt Dillon said that the first album he ever bought was Led Zeppelin IV. That is pretty cool because I have always liked and respected Matt Dillon as an actor.

So I'm watching this 1982 Al Pacino movie called "Author! Author!" last night. His kid has a bunch of cool rock posters in his bedroom. You keep seeing this David Bowie one and right when I'm saying to myself that there should be a Zep one, there it is. This awesome poster I never seen before. It was a live photo and you can distinctly see Robert, JPJ, and Bonzo in it (no Jimmy...I think). I'm guessing from a 1977 show. So anyway, name some other movies or TV you've seen some Zep posters in (other than the 70's Show...that's too easy).

I loved Pacino in that movie.It was a side of his acting rarely seen. I remember seeing the poster as well.

I like this topic. A couple of other LZ references I can recall at this moment:

In the Goldie Hawn movie, "Wildcats" (1986), in which she coaches an inner-city high school football team, her rebellious young daughter has a poster of a "solo" Robert Plant on her bedroom wall. If I recall correctly, it is a publicity shot of Robert Plant wearing a bandana around his neck around the time of his solo career.

In a Kevin Dillon (Matt's younger brother) movie, "Immediate Family", Kevin is wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt in a couple of scenes.

In an episode of the "Soprano's" you can hear "Rock and Roll" playing in the background inside a scene in a pizza parlor.

I know there are plenty more. When I can think of them I will gladly post them.

Until then, what are some that any of you know out there?

Awesome one in an episode of WKRP In Cincinnati that has all of the albums up to In Through The Out Door on the door to the DJ booth. I think there also was a poster in the hallway of the famous Knebworth group shot in the field.

None of us cannot forget the great couple of classic Led Zeppelin references in the equally great early 1980's film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

"When it comes to making out, whenever possible, always play side one of Led Zeppelin IV (or something to that effect).

In the very next scene, Rat and Stacy (Jennifer Jason Leigh) are riding in the car and on the stereo playing is "Kashmir". I think that scene illustrates how naive and dumb Rat was because he could not even get the Led Zeppelin album or song right.

Great Classic Movie (as most of us already know)!!!

Archived