Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Yukon Cornelius

Pet Thread (could not find one)

My friend Judy has a 100 lb. black lab and a 5 lb. cat. Guess which one rules the roost?

:D

MY beloved Rusty a Rhodesian Ridgeback just died two days ago. I am heartbroken. Took him to the vet last month and they said nothing was wrong. All that for $600. I am really pissed off at them. You could tell my looking at him something was wrong. He had lost 30 lbs. in a short time. They did tests and cleaned his teeth. He died on the way to the vet. I feel so lost. I had him for almost 10 years. I have another dog a lab/border colley mix. She is now not eating. One thing I noticed weeks before my dog died is he started eating dirt and lost two teeth. Just a word of caution you know your pets......do not let vets take you and say there is nothing wrong. The bad thing is it is up to them if you want to put your animal to sleep. I wanted to do it that day he took all the tests but he convinced me nothing was wrong. I feel like I did Rusty wrong by not putting him out of his pain. Thanks for listening all of you pet lovers.

M

I'm so sorry to here about your dog. It's a shame that the vet did that.

I have a cocker spaniel. Her name is Maggie and she is buff with white socks and brown "freckles" on her nose.

I also have five birds.

Edited to say: No, I actually have 4 birds because one of them died this past week.

Edited by lzfan715

MY beloved Rusty a Rhodesian Ridgeback just died two days ago. I am heartbroken. Took him to the vet last month and they said nothing was wrong. All that for $600. I am really pissed off at them. You could tell my looking at him something was wrong. He had lost 30 lbs. in a short time. They did tests and cleaned his teeth. He died on the way to the vet. I feel so lost. I had him for almost 10 years. I have another dog a lab/border colley mix. She is now not eating. One thing I noticed weeks before my dog died is he started eating dirt and lost two teeth. Just a word of caution you know your pets......do not let vets take you and say there is nothing wrong. The bad thing is it is up to them if you want to put your animal to sleep. I wanted to do it that day he took all the tests but he convinced me nothing was wrong. I feel like I did Rusty wrong by not putting him out of his pain. Thanks for listening all of you pet lovers.

M

Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes I think vets don't realize the attachment we have to our animal buddies.

M

Sounds like Rusty died of cancer or had undiagnosed diabetes since he had lost so much weight in a short period of time. Is there anything you can do to report the vet to the Veterinarian society? I am so sorry for your lost.

M

I'm so sorry to here about your dog. It's a shame that the vet did that.

I have a cocker spaniel. Her name is Maggie and she is buff with white socks and brown "freckles" on her nose.

I also have five birds.

Edited to say: No, I actually have 4 birds because one of them died this past week.

A heart felt sorry to both of you for your loss. I've been there and took a long while for that dull ache to subside. I had two cockatiels for eighteen years and when they died :'( :'( :'( . I love birds but I don't think I'll get another cockatiel. Maybe a Caique, they're lively and great fun. We used to have a German short-haired pointer in Poland but had to give him away when we left the country :( . If I ever get one again, I'd love to get either a Boxer, a German wire-haired pointer or an Rhodesian Ridgeback - they're big and beautiful and take no prisoners.

Don't blame yourself, Bitchin Soul, you did the best you could with what you knew. Everything you did was because you loved your dog. I really hope your other dog will pull through.

You're lucky to be able to have so many birds, lzfan15. What kind are they?

I wish I could contribute more with my own pet stories, alas, I don't have any right now so for the time being I will relish in all of yours.

I'm also sorry for both of you and your loss. I have alsready lost one pet, a beloved parrot, and I know how hard it is. :(

Now I have two parrots (I used to have three) and I really love them.

This is a pic of one of them:

100-400mm005.jpg

My cat now has 2 friends on Facebook/Catbook :blink:

:lol: The scary thing will be when your cat ends up with more friends than you do.

I'm also sorry for both of you and your loss. I have alsready lost one pet, a beloved parrot, and I know how hard it is. :(

100-400mm005.jpg

That is realy a cute bird :) I have two lovely whippets, amle and female. The male one lifed in a tiny smelly garage before we got him and was beaten by his former owner. Now he fortunalety has found a better home where he can lye on the couch and everybody loves him.

100-400mm005.jpg

I'm sorry about the bird :console:

:lol: The scary thing will be when your cat ends up with more friends than you do.

At least he's not begging for his turn on the computer :lol: He is a crazy cat though; he started out as an outdoor farm cat and is such a baby now. Hasn't been outside since we brought him home (I think it's been 6 years now). Our neighborhood is not cat friendly.