Question for those who attended.

I am just wondering what song got the loudest response from the audience as it was always Stairway To Heaven in the 70's but what about at the o2. I can't tell by all the bootlegs honestly they all seem rather quiet.

for me the biggest reaction. and the one that got EVERYONE up out of their seats was KASHMIR. without doubt the biggest and most powerful song of the night, i can still feel Jasons bass drum hitting my chest now..... :D

That is the best version I've ever heard and one of the reasons IMO is how Jimmys guitar is so prevalent over the usually dominating (for that song) keyboards.

It's difficult to be exact 9 months later, but I would say that Good Times Bad Times had an amazing reception from the crowd. It's the first song I've ever seen Led Zep play live (excluding solo and collaborative shows), so it was quite a moment in my life. :D

Of course, Kashmir also got the crowd raising the roof. Actually, when I think about it .... the O2 Arena must have had a flat roof before Led Zeppelin played there. I think the dome was shaped during Led Zep's opening number that night by a slightly excitable crowd!!!!! :blink:

I'd agree with both of you--GTBT, when they first appeared and the place went nuts, and also Kashmir. (I'm amazed people were ever in their seats, probably because I didn't have one. :D )

Yep, agree with all the above comments.

GTBT was when we all started shouting and cheering but Kashmir was when we started screaming. By the end of Kashmir people around me were simply going crazy.

GTBT for sure. I yelled the loudest forIn My Time of Dying. I really didn't expect to hear that one. Many songs were a sure bet, but not that one. But then again I thought Heartbreaker was a sure thing also.

Yeah I'm surprised "Achilles" was missing too.

for me the biggest reaction. and the one that got EVERYONE up out of their seats was KASHMIR. without doubt the biggest and most powerful song of the night, i can still feel Jasons bass drum hitting my chest now..... :D

Agree 100% on Kashmir, as good as them coming on and For Your Life were, Kashmir got the best reaction and was to not put to a finer point on it ,,,The Dogs Dangly bits :)

Another interesting point is how quiet the crowd got after they started stairway. First a roar and then nothing. it was like you can hear a pin drop. now THAT is respect.

Good point, I like the way it was in the middlish of the set, no long solo, to the point and that was good !! Not overblown :)

Now that you mention it you are right. I don't think the crowd got any louder than when the bow came out.

I remember hearing gasps around me and a chorus of whispered "he's getting it!" That was one of my most memorable moments.

I thought the biggest crowd reactions were GTBT (although the initial sound quality and your well 'ard local dickheads pushing and shoving around me let the moment down), yes...Kashmir, both songs in the encore but (not already mentioned) the beginning of Black Dog - I suspect there was enough ring-ins that this was the first 'classic' Zep song in the set to get them to react.

I don't recall Stairway getting anything more massive then much of the rest of the set.

I sort of thought they do it in this setting. I wouldn't say it's my favourite Zep song or that I was particularly there to see it but (I think in an overwhelming "I can't believe I'm here" reaction) from the first note, I bawled all the way through it.

One of the biggest cheers of the night was when Jimmy pulled out the bow.

You are absolutely right. While the night had many many many highlights, this (including the entire bow section) is something I will never forget. I still get chills when I hear/see this monent in the concert boot.

Another interesting point is how quiet the crowd got after they started stairway. First a roar and then nothing. it was like you can hear a pin drop. now THAT is respect.

This was another special moment during that night. It seemed like there was a moment of excitement when everyone realized stairway was being played and then everyone calmed down and just enjoyed being in the moment. I did notice people around me crying during this song, including my wife. It was a very special moment that many people thought they were never going to experience again, only to be there on that night..... at least that's how I perceived it. While STH is not in my top 10 Zeppelin songs, it is well known and adored by many. It just goes to show the power of Led Zeppelin and their music.

• 3 weeks later...
You are absolutely right. While the night had many many many highlights, this (including the entire bow section) is something I will never forget. I still get chills when I hear/see this monent in the concert boot.

The concert boot is a great momento of the night. I found it at my local cd store. What Great Luck! My favourite moment, difficult to choose, was when the band kicked into Trampled Under Foot. I really felt at that moment, that Jason got it!!!!! What a great groove! The whole evening was awesome. With the crowd really with the band and the band looked to me like they were having fun!! I know I was!!!!!!!!! (as were the folks from Poland beside me)

• 4 weeks later...
I am just wondering what song got the loudest response from the audience as it was always Stairway To Heaven in the 70's but what about at the o2. I can't tell by all the bootlegs honestly they all seem rather quiet.

Boring, but I am going with Kashmir too. I have heard other live versions of this on Cd, and nothing compares to how it was done that night. Rock and Roll got a great response too.

Archived