Not Going to Say

kiss of fire

Give it up. The time has come and gone.

Rest on their laurels.

The band members have as much time as anyone and could just come on here and post their intent, like some members on other band sites. That doesnt seem to be likely. Evasiveness is the name of the game, so dont get your hopes up.

Put on a cd.

I don't know why the word "no" has become so, hard to comprehend being that he's said it repeatedly. Let's make an acronym shall we? To help those who forget the meaning of the 2 letter word?

Not

Optional

And can I just add from the article itself

"Rumours persist that Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones are working with new drummer Jason Bonham on new tracks."

:blink:

I love him. :wub:

I hate him.b726dc61-1.gif

'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.

He doesn't want to become a parody. :rolleyes:

Who would make a parody out of a full fledged LZ reunion tour and/or album? Who?

LZ has taken criticism before and it never bothered them. Why start now Rob?

It's one thing if the magic is gone in LZ for you Rob, but to worry about what other people with think? That just blows my mind.

Oh baby, look how you got me standin' 'round crying.

Oh baby, look how you got me standin' 'round crying.

Lord I love you little girl, you're always resting on my mind.

Oh baby, I ain't gonna be riding you 'round in my automobile.

Oh baby, I ain't gonna be riding you 'round in my automobile.

You got so many men, I'm afraid you may get me killed.

Oh baby, you ain't nothing like you used to be.

(No, don't get me killed, honey!)

Oh baby, you ain't nothing like you used to be.

(Oh man, leave that woman alone!)

When I was deep in love with you, little girl,

you were just sweet as an apple on a tree.

that is a very good point you raised ^^^. yes, since when has robert ever worried about what other people think? and im with you on believing that noeone......well the vast majority anyway, would see it as a parody. i mean, we are all still here begging for more!

Consider the entire sentence where he speaks of a parody. Even consider the entire statement where he speaks the sentence of the parody.

"That's all I ever wanted to do then I realised that I've been as far as you can go. I can't emulate something that I already had down such a long time ago, to try and bring it back into focus now. Because I'm a different guy, I don't want to become a parody."

I don't think he means that he's worried other people will regard it as a parody but, that he will feel that way about himself.

Would you want to go back 5, 10, 15 or even 20 years into your past and try to be that person again?

Consider the entire sentence where he speaks of a parody. Even consider the entire statement where he speaks the sentence of the parody.

"That's all I ever wanted to do then I realised that I've been as far as you can go. I can't emulate something that I already had down such a long time ago, to try and bring it back into focus now. Because I'm a different guy, I don't want to become a parody."

I don't think he means that he's worried other people will regard it as a parody but, that he will feel that way about himself.

Would you want to go back 5, 10, 15 or even 20 years into your past and try to be that person again?

thats just it.....noeone is asking him to be the person of 20 years ago again. well not me anyway! i just want to hear them play music together again. its what they did best, and i think it could still be magical, and if there was new material, even better, but yknow, id still be happy with past zeppelin songs. i still play the songs daily, and i would love to hear them played live. i can understand robert not wanting to do something he has already done though. i guess i just wish he didnt feel that way. i think if they were to all get back together again, the chemistry would still be there, and new music or new twists on old songs would emerge. just my opinion.

thats just it.....noeone is asking him to be the person of 20 years ago again. well not me anyway! i just want to hear them play music together again. its what they did best, and i think it could still be magical, and if there was new material, even better, but yknow, id still be happy with past zeppelin songs. i still play the songs daily, and i would love to hear them played live. i can understand robert not wanting to do something he has already done though. i guess i just wish he didnt feel that way. i think if they were to all get back together again, the chemistry would still be there, and new music or new twists on old songs would emerge. just my opinion.

I think part of the point is that for Zeppelin to do it all again they'd have to be who and what they were when they started. I can't second guess what Plant or anyone else means when they say something. I can only just take them at their word. And it sounds to me like he's been down that road before. He loved it when he walked it but, he's on another road now. If he changes his mind someday. Great. If not that's great too because, Zeppelin already gave us legendary music. There are many people I'm sure that would love it if they did it again. People would flock to shows I'm sure. No matter if they ever decide to do it again or not I'm gonna still be crankin up the tunes because, for the love of Zeppelin I'm hopelessly addicted.

I think part of the point is that for Zeppelin to do it all again they'd have to be who and what they were when they started. I can't second guess what Plant or anyone else means when they say something. I can only just take them at their word. And it sounds to me like he's been down that road before. He loved it when he walked it but, he's on another road now. If he changes his mind someday. Great. If not that's great too because, Zeppelin already gave us legendary music. There are many people I'm sure that would love it if they did it again. People would flock to shows I'm sure. No matter if they ever decide to do it again or not I'm gonna still be crankin up the tunes because, for the love of Zeppelin I'm hopelessly addicted.

Very well stated Kat24. B)

Why would they have to be anything other then what they presently are?

Why would they have to be anything other then what they presently are?

They wouldn't as they certainly proved at the 02 last year but I think there are people who will only be able to see them as who they were and have that level of expectation. But I think Robert's never wanted to do what he's already done. If he's done it, he's onto whatever moves him next. Dont' think it's really an "age" issue.

Led Zeppelin became a band 40 years ago. That's a long time. Things have changed, you can't go back in time. You can't redo the past. It's not possible. Even if there is a Zeppelin reunion of you people still won't be happy. It's because you are NEVER satisfied. I"m wuite happy with Robert's efforts with Alison, I'm glad he's happy where he's at. Let's all ponder something about life, at the end of the day what really matters to anyone? Whether or not they are happy where they are in life. It's quitte obvious that Robert is concent, so let's leave him that way.

They wouldn't as they certainly proved at the 02 last year but I think there are people who will only be able to see them as who they were and have that level of expectation. But I think Robert's never wanted to do what he's already done. If he's done it, he's onto whatever moves him next. Dont' think it's really an "age" issue.

Not sure who "they" are and expect no band to ever change, but I do see your point.

To me, it's all about the music and I thought that is what LZ was always about too.

Robert has made several comments about his age. Somehow I think he thinks he is too old for Led Zeppelin now. :rolleyes:

Led Zeppelin became a band 40 years ago. That's a long time. Things have changed, you can't go back in time. You can't redo the past. It's not possible. Even if there is a Zeppelin reunion of you people still won't be happy. It's because you are NEVER satisfied. I"m wuite happy with Robert's efforts with Alison, I'm glad he's happy where he's at. Let's all ponder something about life, at the end of the day what really matters to anyone? Whether or not they are happy where they are in life. It's quitte obvious that Robert is concent, so let's leave him that way.

Robert should be happy with Robert, but he isn't saying he wouldn't be happy with LZ. He is saying he doesn't want to become a parody. IMO, he is worried about what other people think of him now and that's crap.

Not sure who "they" are and expect no band to ever change, but I do see your point.

To me, it's all about the music and I thought that is what LZ was always about too.

Robert has made several comments about his age. Somehow I think he thinks he is too old for Led Zeppelin now. :rolleyes:

It is all about the music but at the end of the day, an artist has to go where the spirit moves them creatively. For Robert, right now it's this project with Alison. Where he'll be tomorrow we'll just have to wait and see.

It is all about the music but at the end of the day, an artist has to go where the spirit moves them creatively. For Robert, right now it's this project with Alison. Where he'll be tomorrow we'll just have to wait and see.

Right. I totally agree that a musician has to go where he feels creative, however, Robert isn't using that as his reason.

Robert should be happy with Robert, but he isn't saying he wouldn't be happy with LZ. He is saying he doesn't want to become a parody. IMO, he is worried about what other people think of him now and that's crap.

As was pointed out earlier, he's worried about what HE thinks, not wanting to feel like a parody of his earlier self, not what other people think about him. I think that's clear from the quotation.

Also, coming back to the age thing, although I agree it's all about the music, some people DO expect the band to be who they were forty years ago. Look at all the shock/horror posts about Jimmy with grey hair, for instance. Or those who think Robert shouldn't sing Zeppelin songs because he doesn't have that upper register any more and thus can't sing them exactly as he did then. Or JPJ--actually, I can't think of a JPJ example. :lol:

Right. I totally agree that a musician has to go where he feels creative, however, Robert isn't using that as his reason.

Actually, I'd say that's exactly the reason he's using, as there's nothing creative in becoming , or feeling you've become, a parody of yourself.

Sorry about the double-post, I just read this one!

Archived