All this over a stupid Teddy Bear...

Wolfman

More quasi-religious tap dancing, eh? :rolleyes:

C'mon muh-man,.. step up and address the issue directly.

Does, or does not, Islam CONDONE.. if not DEMAND.. violence in some regards?

:whistling:

and whats with the big, purple font btw?

Do you mean the way the Old Testament did?

Islam (Arabic: الإسلام; al-'islām is a monotheistic religion originating with the teachings of Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure. The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to God (Arabic: الله, Allāh). An adherent of Islam is known as a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)". There are between 1.1 billion and 1.8 billion Muslims, making Islam the second-largest religion in the world, after Christianity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

Larger font prevents having to squint. When they designed the message board they put the colored fonts in so people would use them, so I do. Mostly it's easier to read the larger print, and the color makes comments stand apart so you know who is talking.

:)

Mohammed was a violent man. Yes?

It's sad that one of those many options happens to be violence.

~666

I am not certain that Muhammad personally committed violent acts himself.

To escape persecution, Muhammad and his followers migrated to Yathrib (Medina) in the year 622. This historic event, the Hijra, marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar. In Medina, Muhammad managed to unite the conflicting tribes, and after eight years of fighting with the Meccan tribes, his followers, who by then had grown to ten thousand, conquered Mecca. In 632, on returning to Medina from his 'Farewell pilgrimage', Muhammad fell ill and died. By the time of his death, most of Arabia had converted to Islam.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

Do you mean the way the Old Testament did?

I'm not talking about Old Testament Christianity, I'm talking about present day Islam. Surely you can say whether or not the religion of Islam CONDONES.. if not DEMANDS.. violence in some circumstances without having to reference your answer to Christianity, can't you?

Fwliw, I don't mind expressing my opinion that I think its hypocritical of Christians

who claim they value the sanctity of life and yet they support capital punishment.

But at least Christians don't kill people (anymore) for believing in other religions.

They merely consider them.. uhh.. damned to eternal suffering in hell, thats all.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

But anyway.. back to Islam..

what say you?

And if someone did name a teddy bear Jesus Christ, there wouldn't be an uproar, a criminal trial, or a mob scene. There isn't a whole "you're not allowed to disrespect Jesus in any way" mentality in the West. You can freely question the notion of Jesus, not believe, believe, or do whatever you want.

But... if you brought your Teddy Bear, that you named Jesus Christ on public school grounds.... then some nut from the ACLU would create an uprorar, then threaten a criminal trial, and cause a mob scene... <_<

But, if you named your Teddy Bear "Dumbledore", and brought it to school, I don't think the ACLU would have any issue with that ! ! :burp:

Neither did Charles Manson :rolleyes:

He is not Muslim. In the past, Manson has designated his religion as "Scientologist".

carpenoctem.tv/killers/manson

Charles Milles Manson (b. November 12, 1934) is a convict who led the "Manson Family," a quasi-commune that began in the U.S. city of San Francisco in 1967. He was found guilty of conspiracy to commit the Tate-LaBianca murders, which members of the group carried out at his instruction. Through the joint-responsibility rule of conspiracy, he was convicted of the murders themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

I'm not talking about Old Testament Christianity, I'm talking about present day Islam. Surely you can say whether or not the religion of Islam CONDONES.. if not DEMANDS.. violence in some circumstances without having to reference your answer to Christianity, can't you?

Fwliw, I don't mind expressing my opinion that I think its hypocritical of Christians

who claim they value the sanctity of life and yet they support capital punishment.

But at least Christians don't kill people (anymore) for believing in other religions.

They merely consider them.. uhh.. damned to eternal suffering in hell, thats all.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

But anyway.. back to Islam..

what say you?

Muslims believe that God revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad, God's final prophet, and regard the Qur'an and the Sunnah (words and deeds of Muhammad) as the fundamental sources of Islam. They do not regard Muhammad as the founder of a new religion, but as the restorer of the original monotheistic faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets. Islamic tradition holds that Judaism and Christianity distorted the messages of these prophets over time either in interpretation, in text, or both.

Islam includes many religious practices. Adherents are generally required to observe the Five Pillars of Islam, which are five duties that unite Muslims into a community. In addition to the Five Pillars, Islamic law (sharia) has developed a tradition of rulings that touch on virtually all aspects of life and society. This tradition encompasses everything from practical matters like dietary laws and banking to warfare.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

He is not Muslim. In the past, Manson has designated his religion as "Scientologist".

carpenoctem.tv/killers/manson

I couldn't care less about which particular brand of delusion he subscribes to...you said the prophet never performed acts of violence to your knowledge and I stated that neither did Charles Manson.

The obvious inference is that inciting your followers to do so renders you just as guilty

I'll try to slow down and make things simple for you ok?

I couldn't care less about which particular brand of delusion he subscribes to...you said the prophet never performed acts of violence to your knowledge and I stated that neither did Charles Manson.

The obvious inference is that inciting your followers to do so renders you just as guilty

I'll try to slow down and make things simple for you ok?

Comparing Muhammad and Manson is out of context. Also, Manson may have performed acts of violence.

Less than a month before a scheduled February 1952 parole hearing at Natural Bridge Honor Camp, a minimum security institution to which he had been transferred the previous October on a psychiatrist's recommendation, Manson "took a razor blade and held it against another boy's throat while he sodomized him."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

delusional prophets with insane followers...

looks like the same shoe size to me B)

and your prophet may have committed acts of violence as well

There are no accounts that I have seen of the prophet Muhammad ever personally having committed an act of violence. If you find one please let me know.

Sources on Muhammad’s life concur that he was born ca. 570 CE in the city of Mecca in Arabia. He was orphaned at a young age and was brought up by his uncle, later worked mostly as a merchant, and was married by age 26. At some point, discontented with life in Mecca, he retreated to a cave in the surrounding mountains for meditation and reflection. According to Islamic tradition, it was here at age 40, in the month of Ramadan, where he received his first revelation from God. Three years after this event, Muhammad started preaching these revelations publicly, proclaiming that "God is One", that complete "surrender" to Him (lit. islām) is the only religion (dīn), acceptable to God, and that he was a prophet and messenger of God, in the same vein as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, and other prophets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

Archived