What does Robert say...

JRomero

Dazed And Confused on How The West Was Won...

Between 24:15 and 24:17 into the song, Robert says something that sounds like "Get down!"

I'm just curious if anyone knows what he says. Kinda small and insignificant.

Thanks! :D

It doesn't quite sound like "Get down" to me, but it's in that spirit! Sounds like 'big ale' or 'be gale' or something... I'm probably way off.

The section preceding that is one of the (many) cool riffs/jams in the song, though, isn't it? I love it. :D

Haha, yeah! It does sound like "big ale" or something of that sort. I think it could just be Robert's pronunciation of "Get down!"... something like "Geh day-uwn!"

And that jam section is really amazing! I love it when Bonzo starts hitting those 5 rapid beats on his snare.

Another thing I have a question about...

On some bootlegs I have of Led Zeppelin, Robert sometime says, "Thank you very much, top." I can't figure out if he's saying "top" or "Tom" or "ta". I believe I've also heard Paul McCartney say it a few times, so maybe it's a UK thing?

Haha, yeah! It does sound like "big ale" or something of that sort. I think it could just be Robert's pronunciation of "Get down!"... something like "Geh day-uwn!"

And that jam section is really amazing! I love it when Bonzo starts hitting those 5 rapid beats on his snare.

Another thing I have a question about...

On some bootlegs I have of Led Zeppelin, Robert sometime says, "Thank you very much, top." I can't figure out if he's saying "top" or "Tom" or "ta". I believe I've also heard Paul McCartney say it a few times, so maybe it's a UK thing?

I think you're exactly right, I gave it another listen :) and now that's what it sounds like.

I think the "ta" is probably a UK thing like you said, maybe a shortened version of ta-ta, but that's just a guess.

Always glad to be of help, lol. :huh::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived