Mothership 4LP 180 Gram Vinyl Box Set - Troubles

Shannoman

Hey all, this is my first time on Led Zeppelin.com! New Member, love the site.

Anyways, I just got home from the record store, Remember When Records, in Westmont, IL. Awesome store for those who prefer it on wax. They have all the new LP releases as well as plenty of used stuff to go through. I bought a much anticipated Mothership vinyl box set, brought it home, grabbed a seat, and found all 4 LP's to be WARPED! Sounded pretty bad on a good turntable (Dual 1229). I took the set back right away and opened a second, and same thing...warped records.

The owner told me (clearly upset) that he would give me my money back, and that most people aren't as picky. I really don't care what he thinks, Audiophile quality is something I paid for. That's why we pay big bucks for heavy pressings...because we care.

I just want to know if anyone else has picked up a set and found the same thing? I think there may be a quality problem on the record manufacturer's part. The Song Remains the Same box set comes from the same company, so that may be suspect as well.

Shannoman

That is effed up. Warped 180 gram vinyl is unacceptable. I would be in that store screaming at the top of my lungs.

I agree. I was upset, but understanding. Actually, I think the "picky" comment made me more upset than the warped vinyl. I really think the record manufacturer has a quality problem with the sets. The owner actually agreed that he could see the warp just holding it up. I said you know how bad it is on a flat table then spinning at 33 rpm! After the second set, he wasn't willing to open anymore...

I had the same problem with the mothership 4lp that I ordered from Charlemagne records in Bham AL.The owner is named Jimmy so you can't be too pissed off at him ordered me another set this set had a long deep scratch on the Robert Plant lp side seven and side five on the john bonham lp had small scratches on it . Jimmy let me pick the best of the eight records and ate the other four . he said we should all call the manufacture and complain they sould have better quality control for what they charge

I had the same problem with the mothership 4lp that I ordered from Charlemagne records in Bham AL.The owner is named Jimmy so you can't be too pissed off at him ordered me another set this set had a long deep scratch on the Robert Plant lp side seven and side five on the john bonham lp had small scratches on it . Jimmy let me pick the best of the eight records and ate the other four . he said we should all call the manufacture and complain they sould have better quality control for what they charge

Be sure to keep all this in mind when you're watching the video posted to this forum regarding the quality control standards maintained by the manufacturer of these box sets.

Love,

Billy

Archived